• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to my source, they have reworked the glass on this building to help accommodate HVAC issues.  30% of the glass is being substituted with another material because of the massive cooling requirements with the glass.  My source is involved with the inner workings of skyscrapers around town and Texas in general so I think it's more than just a rumor.  Total Randall Davis move.

23 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

According to my source, they have reworked the glass on this building to help accommodate HVAC issues.  30% of the glass is being substituted with another material because of the massive cooling requirements with the glass.  My source is involved with the inner workings of skyscrapers around town and Texas in general so I think it's more than just a rumor.  Total Randall Davis move.

Please even if half of this building was a blank white wall it will still be his best building to date.

On 6/2/2016 at 9:01 PM, brijonmang said:

I know for many HAIFers, a day without wailing and moaning about a Houston building is like a day without sunshine (bonus points for wailing about a Randall Davis building), but get a grip folks.  IF they swap out 30% of the glass (and color me skeptical; not sure what the HVAC issues would be), we are still getting a roughly 70% glass building.

14 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I know for many HAIFers, a day without wailing and moaning about a Houston building is like a day without sunshine (bonus points for wailing about a Randall Davis building), but get a grip folks.  IF they swap out 30% of the glass (and color me skeptical; not sure what the HVAC issues would be), we are still getting a roughly 70% glass building.

Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but I wasn't complaining...just trying to pass along the info I was given.  The Randall Davis comment was for having a building not looking like the original rendering (happens quite a bit regardless of developer, I know).  I am very confident this will still be one of the best looking buildings in uptown even if they went 50/50 glass/other material.

19 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

A day without 19514 reminding us all that we should never complain about architecture on an architectural forum is like a day with abundant sunshine and unicorns farting rainbows. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KinkaidAlum said:

A day without 19514 reminding us all that we should never complain about architecture on an architectural forum is like a day with abundant sunshine and unicorns farting rainbows. 

Of course I never suggested no one should ever complain; but an occasional bit of perspective would be useful.

Edited by Houston19514

it would have been more interesting had they staggered the glass to break up the monotony of the new material or even increased the glass slightly as you progressed up. all in all not terrible but it really doesn't vibe with the rest of tower.