Rebar can be seen in the last photo update. From the looks of it, via The Wilshire's webcam, only digging has been done so far. The site isn't completely inactive, a small excavator is roaming around and moving dirt.

Thanks Urb. Hopefully just a blimp and we can see some progress soon

When was the rebar last seen? Could they have installed it all into the ground/pilings for the tower? That's generally what those crawler cranes do before the real work starts. A sales rep just emailed me back saying it's still moving ahead?

Why the question mark?

I drove by yesterday and peered over the fence to see that basically NOTHING has been done in the entire 2-3 months the crawler crane has been operating. Sorry, but I'm not confident about this one AT ALL folks.

Maybe Randall Davis got wind of all the venom Haifers directed at his Aurora project and decided it just wasn't worth the abuse.

post-2959-0-30456100-1457266352_thumb.jp

Edited by 'Stonian

I'm a project manager for a construction firm and in my opinion virtually nothing has been done in 3 months. I only saw faint evidence of 1 or 2 piers being drilled. 3 months in they should be much further along than hauling off a few truck-loads of dirt.

I'm in no position to say the project is dead (and I certainly hope not) but after driving by this site every morning on my way to work and seeing so much activity going on behind the fence, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of progress thus far.

• Like 4

I drove by yesterday and peered over the fence to see that basically NOTHING has been done in the entire 2-3 months the crawler crane has been operating. Sorry, but I'm not confident about this one AT ALL folks.

Maybe Randall Davis got wind of all the venom Haifers directed at his Aurora project and decided it just wasn't worth the abuse.

^^^ the only reason that the "venom" was so very pointed and deadly.. is because randall davis shockingly VEERED AWAY from the original concepts /renditions of the ASTORIA!  what he really should be upset about.. is his company's marketing division's lack of honest advertising....

Edited by monarch

I don't work in the construction industry, but I have 20:20 eyesight.  There is significant activity on the sight right now.  There is NO reason to think this project is dead.

They're actually digging up the piers they drilled previously as this project is dead.  Urbannizer, go ahead and move this to Houston potential.

RIP Arabella

• Like 2

8 hours ago, swtsig said:

i love how one week of "inactivity" led many to believe the project was dead.

I guess the well documented fragile state of the regional economy has us looking over our shoulders. But oil prices be damned - Roar HOUSTON..., ROAR! 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...