• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I drove by here last night. They were trying to drum up business by having a little "open house" event. They set it up outside along San Felipe so it was awkward but they had a bar, white couches and chairs, tents with a place to take "red carpet" photos, a spotlight, and loud music.  

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/02/09/exclusive-houston-developer-scraps-plans-for-west.html

Arabella — a 33-story, 99-unit luxury condo tower at 4521 San Felipe St., near the River Oaks District —

is now 60 percent sold, including 10 of the 14 penthouses in the tower. Units in Arabella costs between $800,000 to $4 million. Construction crews so far have built about 16 concrete floors in Arabella. The tower is expected to deliver its first units in summer 2018.

2 hours ago, tangledwoods said:

I think it looses a bit of the allure if your "penthouse" is one of 14 in a building....  I am pretty sure by definition there should only be one penthouse, but i guess that would make me a pretty terrible developer! 

Haha, this reminded me of that proposed skyscraper in Dubai from like 10 years ago, called the Pentomimium. Well over 100 stories, and since the plan was for every floor to be one residential unit, they tried advertising it as every floor being a "penthouse".

if 14 penthouses isn't enough to kill the allure, surely 100+ penthouses would..

5 hours ago, tangledwoods said:

I think it looses a bit of the allure if your "penthouse" is one of 14 in a building....  I am pretty sure by definition there should only be one penthouse, but i guess that would make me a pretty terrible developer! 

Yeah but wait until you see the PENTpenthouses...those are just the Penultimate penthouses...

From the 3-point line...SWISH...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Yoda said:

Uptown HTX - 3/3/2017

Question:  Which of the 3 buildings in the middle is the Arabella ?  I get confused with all the construction going on and all these developers with their "unique" names trying to vie for attention.

1 hour ago, ArtNsf said:

Question:  Which of the 3 buildings in the middle is the Arabella ?  I get confused with all the construction going on and all these developers with their "unique" names trying to vie for attention.

From left to right:

The Wilshire, 

SkyHouse River Oaks, 

Arabella.

On 3/3/2017 at 7:03 PM, ArtNsf said:

Arabella is the one with the 2 tower cranes. It should be topped out sometime this year.

• 2 weeks later...

They started adding glass and the LED "V" on Monday (March 20th). Picture taken by me on March 21st in hellish West Loop South traffic. 

ALSO!

Randall Davis' site updated the floor count by one to 34 (and reduced units by 3)

http://www.randalldavis.com/current-developments/single/arabella

FLOORS & RESIDENCES

• Floors: 34
  • Parking: 238
  • Residences: 96
  • Penthouses: 13

32774106973_9552b3c073_o.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived