Air America Steels From Boys And Girls Club

kjb434

Showing that no one listens to liberal radio, Air America has to pay radio stations to get aired. Also, a recent scandal has shown that Air America has stolen money from a New York City you organization that is funded by taxpayer money and used it to fund the network.

See Below:

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Article 4 - Washington Time Op-Ed

$875,000 dollars of taxpayer money that was to go to a lower income black neighborhood for recreation and afterschool programs is making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Tell that to those children that there summer programs were getting cancled because a radio network needed some money.

If this would be a conservative radio commentator it would splashed on all three network news broadcasts and all major newspapers.

Seriously, you don't take, steal, or "borrow" money from charities. That's any charity but, more importantly, you don't take it from charities that help kids. That's just low and any entity that does so deserves to be made an example of. It's not "making a mountain out of a molehill."

I read $480,000 and the money was "scandalized" by the previous owners of the name "Air America".

Personally, I think the current network sucks but I don't think they are at fault for the larceny.

Well, that money was an investment that the charity thought would earn them interest. It was not taken from the inner city kids. The investment flopped, similar to many people's investments in companies that fail to make money.

The scam appears to be Cohen, sitting on one board, lending money to a company that he also runs.

I am glad to see that conservatives are so concerned with the lives of underprivileged youth. With the conservatives joining the liberals, who have long championed the plight of the underprivileged, we can make a difference in this country. Maybe then, ALL Americans will say this is a great country, instead of just the ones who are wealthy and connected.

I look forward to more feel good stories of conservatives helping the poor and disaffected.

Those stories exists everyday. Conservatives much much rather use the prove method of market economics to raise people out of poverty instead of just give them what they need. The prevents the since of entitilement and encourages an atomsphere of earning what get.

Many social programs exists that use this approach and have seen much sucess.

This approach is also the means for third world countries that have somewhat respectable governments to pull themselves up and be more viable economies. Examples of where is doesn't work is in Africa where any aid you send there is pilfered by the ruling leaders and the people are left without anything.

Truthfully, I haven't see a liberal program that addresses social ills and promotes diversity that has succeded. European countries are starting to change their view of diversity that it actually quite frightening. Deporting you if you speak ill of the government! Luckily we have a constitution overhere. There social programs have promoted more poverty and high unemployement (10-12%). European countries are outsourcing there jobs at a higher rate than the US. And some of those jobs come to the US.

In the US the poor and disaffected has grown since Johnson pushed through his liberal social programs creating a large welfare state. Luckily there is a movement in the US to roll back many of these moneypit programs that produce no results except for more poor and more dependent people.

Anyway, back to the topic, I don't think Al Franken will be put into this investigation. It is being focussed on Cohen who now is not at the network.

As for as my personal opinion of why Air America is failing: Content. They have no substance. 8 hours or more of straight ranting on Bush does not make for interesting radio. If you have real beefs with conservatives, make your arguments on the ideas and not emotions. Make your argument on facts and not emotion. This is not a Republican vs Democrat thing. I can point to many Conservative radio talk show hosts that consistantly rail against the Republicans and Bush. These personalities are pushing on ideas and not policies and politics. Some are just brown-nose experts and I typically don't like listening to them anyway (i.e. Sean Hannity). I much rather Michael Savage and Glenn Beck.

I've tried listening to Air America on the interenet and was just getting irrate over the pure hatred. It's one thing to disaggree. And if you do, offer options. Just saying someone is evil and they ruining America won't solve anything. If your ideas are different, profess your ideas. If people believe in your ideas, they will grow and be supported. If people don't you will fail. The truth is America is leaning towards more conservative ideas mainly is because they have been presented them. I still try to find what liberals stand for. It's hard.

Looks like there's a lot of circumstantial evidence that doesn't justify the headlines. Maybe it will shake out in a few days or weeks when reputable journalists have a chance to look into it, but right now it's just a bunch of bloggers shaking their firsts in the air and making baseless accusations.

Those stories exists everyday.  Conservatives much much rather use the prove method of market economics to raise people out of poverty instead of just give them what they need.  The prevents the since of entitilement and encourages an atomsphere of earning what get.

Many social programs exists that use this approach and have seen much sucess.

This approach is also the means for third world countries that have somewhat respectable governments to pull themselves up and be more viable economies.  Examples of where is doesn't work is in Africa where any aid you send there is pilfered by the ruling leaders and the people are left without anything.

Truthfully, I haven't see a liberal program that addresses social ills and promotes diversity that has succeded.  European countries are starting to change their view of diversity that it actually quite frightening.  Deporting you if you speak ill of the government!  Luckily we have a constitution overhere.  There social programs have promoted more poverty and high unemployement (10-12%).  European countries are outsourcing there jobs at a higher rate than the US.  And some of those jobs come to the US.

In the US the poor and disaffected has grown since Johnson pushed through his liberal social programs creating a large welfare state.  Luckily there is a movement in the US to roll back many of these moneypit programs that produce no results except for more poor and more dependent people.

Anyway, back to the topic,  I don't think Al Franken will be put into this investigation.  It is being focussed on Cohen who now is not at the network.

As for as my personal opinion of why Air America is failing: Content.  They have no substance.  8 hours or more of straight ranting on Bush does not make for interesting radio.  If you have real beefs with conservatives, make your arguments on the ideas and not emotions.  Make your argument on facts and not emotion.  This is not a Republican vs Democrat thing.  I can point to many Conservative radio talk show hosts that consistantly rail against the Republicans and Bush.  These personalities are pushing on ideas and not policies and politics.  Some are just brown-nose experts and I typically don't like listening to them anyway (i.e. Sean Hannity).  I much rather Michael Savage and Glenn Beck.

I've tried listening to Air America on the interenet and was just getting irrate over the pure hatred.  It's one thing to disaggree.  And if you do, offer options.  Just saying someone is evil and they ruining America won't solve anything.  If your ideas are different, profess your ideas.  If people believe in your ideas, they will grow and be supported.  If people don't you will fail.  The truth is America is leaning towards more conservative ideas mainly is because they have been presented them.  I still try to find what liberals stand for.  It's hard.

"Truthfully, I haven't see a liberal program that addresses social ills..."

Yeah, that old Social Security started by that liberal commie, Roosevelt...so what if my grandparents didn't starve because of SS.

[i figured out how to be a cold, dead hearted citizen: just be a conservative like in the above mentioned post]

I agree with you on one point KJB and that is that the content of Air America is pretty blah.

So by your statement about social policies wouldnt you think that Cohen was doing these poor folk a favor?

I may not aggree with the program. True. But the TAXPAYER money was allocated for a purpose. My outrage was the taking of the TAXPAYER money. Some programs are good, but accountability is the key. You establish your measureable goal of what you want to achieve, then you work towards it. Many programs like these do provide benefits. This program doesn't give the kids the money, it spends it to enchrich their free time after school or during the summer. This is not much different the putting money into parks and playgrounds. Also, I'm obviously not someone who lives in urban New York. I can't truly make an assement of the program and wether it is truly needed. That's the choice of the residents and council members in New York to decide.

Well, that money was an investment that the charity thought would earn them interest.  It was not taken from the inner city kids.  The investment flopped, similar to many people's investments in companies that fail to make money.

The scam appears to be Cohen, sitting on one board, lending money to a company that he also runs.

I am glad to see that conservatives are so concerned with the lives of underprivileged youth.  With the conservatives joining the liberals, who have long championed the plight of the underprivileged, we can make a difference in this country.  Maybe then, ALL Americans will say this is a great country, instead of just the ones who are wealthy and connected.

I look forward to more feel good stories of conservatives helping the poor and disaffected.

Bravo!

I think they are still on. For how long, I don't know.Everyone says they need a sceeming, pissed off guy like Rush Limbaugh-you know the right-wing radical extreamist who used to be on welfare, shopped doctors for his drug addiction, married 3 times and is now shacking up with Darin Kagan from CNN...that Rush Limbaugh? The "family values" Limbaugh? Yeah, well, here's a clue: AirAmerica will never get an audience that big because most of the people I know [Liberals, Moderates, Progressives] are too busy working everyday to make a better life for their families instead of sitting around all day on their fat asses listening to Limbagh moaning about how bad those mean old Liberals are. Sheesh...

Have you've listen to Rush? If he's extreme, I'd hate to see what you say of christians.

Liberal does not equal moderate. Liberal is left of moderate. Progressive, typically found in the midwest and classified at Democrats are slowly classifying themselves as conservative independents. You can rename liberal all you want, but you're still liberal.

I don't care if you liberal and hate Rush. If you truly want to challenge him, why don't you challenge him on the basis of ideas. Not name-calling and hatred. I would have much more respect for a liberal if they truly stand for something and just bash the other side. Rush is not some like Sean Hannity that just does bashing. He wants people to challenge him on ideas. But just blaming Bush and Rush doesn't achieve anything.

Have you've listen to Rush?  If he's extreme, I'd hate to see what you say of christians. 

Liberal does not equal moderate.  Liberal is left of moderate.  Progressive, typically found in the midwest and classified at Democrats are slowly classifying themselves as conservative independents.  You can rename liberal all you want, but you're still liberal.

I don't care if you liberal and hate Rush.  If you truly want to challenge him, why don't you challenge him on the basis of ideas.  Not name-calling and hatred.  I would have much more respect for a liberal if they truly stand for something and just bash the other side.  Rush is not some like Sean Hannity that just does bashing.  He wants people to challenge him on ideas.  But just blaming Bush and Rush doesn't achieve anything.

Ok, then. I didn't mention Bush. I don't hate Limbaugh-I hate his stands, his anger, his hypocrasy-but I can't hate him as I've never met him. I am a Liberal and don't care if you care or not. I've heard people try to challange Limbaugh with facts. He has all the control with his hang-up switch. He uses this often when challanged with facts. He has no original "ideas"-just appropriated ideas. He really isn't interested in being challanged with ideas. Many Liberals and Progressives truly do have ideas. We just don't try to cram them down other's throats in a bombastic and absolutist manner. Here's a Liberal idea: Bush and his government misslead to get us into war in Iraq. Intentionally or un-who can say. Many people have already admitted this from Liberals to Conservatives.I've heard Limbaugh go off on people who say that-calling them commies, feminazis, etc...you know what I mean. If you want entertainment, then I suppose he's your guy. If you want facts and real ideas, seek them out all over. The papers, TV, cable, the library, books. Challange yourself.

I think they are still on. For how long, I don't know.Everyone says they need a sceeming, pissed off guy like Rush Limbaugh-you know the right-wing radical extreamist who used to be on welfare, shopped doctors for his drug addiction, married 3 times and is now shacking up with Darin Kagan from CNN...that Rush Limbaugh? The "family values" Limbaugh? Yeah, well, here's a clue: AirAmerica will never get an audience that big because most of the people I know [Liberals, Moderates, Progressives] are too busy working everyday to make a better life for their families instead of sitting around all day on their fat asses listening to Limbagh moaning about how bad those mean old Liberals are. Sheesh...

are you joking?!?! to say that liberals are the only hard workers is the biggest bunch of crap ive heard in a looong time...what about in the north? UNIONS (which last time i checked were backed by liberals not conservatives)...lets see you get paid to be off work...i know unions are a good thing if you get hurt...but its pretty unfair to those who are working for money...i am a conservative (a rarity on this forum) so i hear my share of liberal opinions and i feel that if i can get along and be productive with someone of a different political mindset why cant america...so much more would be accomplished...i really get annoyed when ppl on here go straight to blaming everything on politics like theyre trying to show how much better their party is than the other one....grow up and start to cooperate and we'll be a lot better off

i really get annoyed when ppl on here go straight to blaming everything on politics like theyre trying to show how much better their party is than the other one....grow up and start to cooperate and we'll be a lot better off

Grow up and cooperate? Because someone disagrees with your political views, they are childish? Huh.

The fact that people have started talking about the political future of this country for a change, should be applauded, even if you disagree with what they say. What annoys me is people who have a political viewpoint and don't even know why they have it. I call it political affiliation as a fashion statement. There are those on both sides that do it. That doesn't help at all.

are you joking?!?!  to say that liberals are the only hard workers is the biggest bunch of crap ive heard in a looong time...what about in the north? UNIONS (which last time i checked were backed by liberals not conservatives)...lets see  you get paid to be off work...i know unions are a good thing if you get hurt...but its pretty unfair to those who are working for money...i am a conservative (a rarity on this forum) so i hear my share of liberal opinions and i feel that if i can get along and be productive with someone of a different political mindset why cant america...so much more would be accomplished...i really get annoyed when ppl on here go straight to blaming everything on politics like theyre trying to show how much better their party is than the other one....grow up and start to cooperate and we'll be a lot better off

I didn't say "that liberals are the only hard workers". All I said was "most of the people I know [Liberals, Moderates, Progressives] are too busy working everyday to make a better life for their families... "i know unions are a good thing if you get hurt...but its pretty unfair to those who are working for money" My uncle was in a union wiring nuclear subs in Connecticut-he got hurt and kept working inspite of it. He was one of the strongest-in character-people I've known. He was also a Liberal. A "Kennedy Liberal" at that. I too get along with people of a different political mindset. I am also a grownup. I tend to be cooperative with everyone who returns the same. I tend to agree to disagree-in the most gentlemanly of fashions. B)

Grow up and cooperate?  Because someone disagrees with your political views, they are childish?  Huh.

The fact that people have started talking about the political future of this country for a change, should be applauded, even if you disagree with what they say.  What annoys me is people who have a political viewpoint and don't even know why they have it.  I call it political affiliation as a fashion statement.  There are those on both sides that do it.  That doesn't help at all.

i didnt say someone was childish for disagreeing i said it is childish when they turn it into a bash just cuz they dont agree. thats why i said "like theyre trying to show how much better their party is than the other one" i think both have strongpoints and we should utilize them together more efficiently thats all

thats why i said "like theyre trying to show how much better their party is than the other one" i think both have strongpoints and we should utilize them together more efficiently thats all

Sorry, brijon, but I disagree again. I think both parties SUCK. They are both filled to the brim with the same type of power grabbing, money hungry bastards that are ruining the country. The only difference between the two is that rich people and Christians won't admit that Republicans are thieves and megalomaniacs, and minorities and union members won't admit that Democrats are thieves and megalomaniacs. And both sides play to the extremes to garner votes, while ignoring the huge moderate middle.

Sorry, brijon, but I disagree again.  I think both parties SUCK.  They are both filled to the brim with the same type of power grabbing, money hungry bastards that are ruining the country.  The only difference between the two is that rich people and Christians won't admit that Republicans are thieves and megalomaniacs, and minorities and union members won't admit that Democrats are thieves and megalomaniacs.  And both sides play to the extremes to garner votes, while ignoring the huge moderate middle.

nmainguy<bows to RedScare's wisdom ^_^

Archived