Heights Central Station: Mixed-Use Development At 1050 Yale St.

s3mh

I'm not sure I agree. The Lola strip mall is cool, but it's not really representative of the Heights. The rendering indicates that this will be painted brick, and the general massing and window openings are pretty similar to the traditional retail buildings on 11th, 19th etc. The only out-of-place element is the painted aluminum, but I'm not sure that particularly bothers me.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That looks phenomenal. If it ends up anything close to that, I think a lot of people will be happy.

Yale from 5th to 12th could become a pretty interesting corridor. There's a lot of existing and upcoming zero- or low-setback construction. I'd actually like to see more street parking on Yale, making it effectively a 2-lane street, to make the pedestrian experience seem a little safer.

13 hours ago, Texasota said:

Huh. Each new set of imagery looks better. I find this highly suspicious. 

Pish.  Still no Audis in the renderings - although maybe that's in homage to the Heights's blue collar to middle class roots. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Angostura said:

Yale from 5th to 12th could become a pretty interesting corridor. There's a lot of existing and upcoming zero- or low-setback construction. I'd actually like to see more street parking on Yale, making it effectively a 2-lane street, to make the pedestrian experience seem a little safer.

i completely agree...maybe have it no parking during peak traffic times, like some streets in downtown,  no parking from 7-9 am and 4-6 pm, but otherwise allow on-street parking, like they used to on Yale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Heights Central Station - Mixed-Use Development of Yale St Post Office
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty excited about this spot. Really happy with the design and street frontage. Also looking forward to not needing to go into the Galleria for Dish Society.  :)

I'd like to attend the topping out party, but I'm not in the RE industry. 

On 1/18/2018 at 3:42 PM, Visitor said:

Pretty excited about this spot. Really happy with the design and street frontage. Also looking forward to not needing to go into the Galleria for Dish Society.  :)

I'd like to attend the topping out party, but I'm not in the RE industry. 

7 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Damn I'd like to go but I'm also not in the RE industry. 

I didn't read the invite as limited to RE business folks only, just to provide your employer if you are.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:38 PM, Ross said:

I didn't read the invite as limited to RE business folks only, just to provide your employer if you are.

yeah that's what i meant.  if you aren't in the industry, and want to attend for your own knowledge, then your employer is less important, but you are still welcome.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived