The Hamilton Apartments At 1800 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MarathonMan

Nice! Thanks Urbannizer.

This shows the contact as John Stephen Ford, Jr.

http://www.houstontx.gov/housing/workshop20120210/response20120316.pdf

And it looks like Steve has been quite busy developing.

http://www.bizapedia.com/addresses/1500-NORTH-POST-OAK-ROAD-SUITE-190-HOUSTON-TX-77055.html

Anybody have the finesse to scrounge up some renderings?

It is possible that renderings don't even exist.

Apartment projects typically don't require fancy renderings.

Unless you are doing a condo projects (need pre-sales),  an office tower (need tenants) or need something put together to get approval (tax incentive, loan from bank,  or court ruling) then it isn't necessary to hire someone to do a nice rendering.

For a typical apartment project with financing already secured,  just start the project and pre-lease when you are close to occupancy.

That is what I have been saying for years if you want to see downtown population exploded start targeting the 40,000 To 50,000 a year crowd..the RN (instead of just doctors) ..the police, fire ,paramedics, etc... Stop trying to be New York with The 2,000 one bedroom.

Pretty hard to do with new construction, because rents have to justify the cost of building and land acquisition. But once some of the new luxury buildings have aged 15-20 years, they will be more affordable.

That is what I have been saying for years if you want to see downtown population exploded start targeting the 40,000 To 50,000 a year crowd..the RN (instead of just doctors) ..the police, fire ,paramedics, etc... Stop trying to be New York with The 2,000 one bedroom.

It's not just that but some people just don't want to spend a lot on rent regardless of salary.

Does anyone have any insight/info about whether the developers know about plans to raze the Pierce Elevated? Seems odd to squeeze a midrise building into such an armpit --- and a noisy one at that. But if the Pierce Elevated becomes a boulevard, as I've heard, then that changes things for this site.

Does anyone have any insight/info about whether the developers know about plans to raze the Pierce Elevated? Seems odd to squeeze a midrise building into such an armpit --- and a noisy one at that. But if the Pierce Elevated becomes a boulevard, as I've heard, then that changes things for this site.

Only one of the proposed routings of I-45 has the Pierce getting razed. 

A handout of the most recent public meeting is below:

http://www.ih45northandmore.com/docs3/1.%20ENGLISH%20Handout%20-%20Pages%201%20-%206%20%20NHHIP%203rd%20Public%20Meeting%2011-11-13.pdf

I am not really familiar with the goals associated with highway alignment. However, the exhibit below (see the last page) indicates that realignment of 45 along 59 and I-10 has "signature project potential," whatever that means. It looks as though the engineering would be easiest for keeping the Pierce but converting it to a one way highway.

http://www.ih45northandmore.com/docs3/5.%20English%20Exhibits.pdf 

I'm not sure that Pierce Elevated planning has advanced much beyond the hearing stage.  It's a good point that making it a boulevard (as I would dearly love) would change things for this site, but I don't really expect that outcome.  It seems that noise would be a major problem here.

eh, assuming thats $2500 after tax then its actually more likely to be more like $850 a month on rent. And actually people are spending more on rent proportionally than they used to; in a lot of cities its creeping up to 50%. Not that that's a particularly good idea of course.

Nice! Thanks Urbannizer.

This shows the contact as John Stephen Ford, Jr.

http://www.houstontx.gov/housing/workshop20120210/response20120316.pdf

And it looks like Steve has been quite busy developing.

http://www.bizapedia.com/addresses/1500-NORTH-POST-OAK-ROAD-SUITE-190-HOUSTON-TX-77055.html

Anybody have the finesse to scrounge up some renderings?

Note, the Housing & Community Development report shows a date of Feb 2012. 

Hamilton Apts applied for competitive low income tax credits in 2012 and again in 2013, failing to secure such tax credits in either year.  An application was not submitted in 2014.  Accordingly, it does not appear to be financed with low income tax credits.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that Pierce Elevated planning has advanced much beyond the hearing stage. It's a good point that making it a boulevard (as I would dearly love) would change things for this site, but I don't really expect that outcome. It seems that noise would be a major problem here.

Haif poster badfish said he knows the developers and that they are soundproofing the above freeway units, so it won't be an issue.

Kind of like lofts at the ballpark, with 69 right in front of your windows.

Also for what its worth, the "second fenced off lot" of this development has had a fence around it for as long as I can remember, just look at the fence close up if you need proof.

They are just using it for a lay down yard I assume.

The fence has been there for a while (why put up a new fence if one already exists?); however, there certainly is activity on the other lot as well. I honestly believe they are just using it as a staging area because when I drive through there, the construction workers are leaving their cars to go to the other property. 

By the way, is this thread spelt incorrectly? "Hamliton"?