The Hamilton Apartments At 1800 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MarathonMan

Wow, just wow...Maybe it is just the angle but that almost seems dangerous. A careening truck has an accident and goes of the pass like happened a few years back in our area where a commuter bus just dumped over the side of I270 and fell 30 feet.

I don't know the specifics of that crash, but I would assume the bus went off the edge of a straight section, or more likely the outside of a curve. Not only does momentum direct vehicles away from this building, but the curved barrier closest to the building would get hit from the convex side, so it should better resist impacts that do occur.

Man I am shocked just how close the windows are to the ramp.

The east side isn't too bad.. but once you approach the south side, they get super close to the ramp.

20796628378_ce4f10a8f7_h.jpg

Hamilton Apartments Downtown Houston by Marc longoria, on Flickr

20958308396_c7b0aee202_h.jpg

20796489960_a5f392bab4_h.jpg

20971709092_8cba746c6f_h.jpg

Hamilton Apartments Houston by Marc longoria, on Flickr

• Like 5

Exhaust brakes of 18-wheelers overcooking that ramp all night long would not make for an effective lullaby. Maybe it is slated as housing for the deaf.

Don't forget the motorcycles (those things can be incredibly loud if they're accelerating to 70+ MPH) and others. Maybe the constant hum of the freeways could be a source of white noise for those people who can't sleep without a fan motor going on or something.

These  apartments do have a potential  set of problems including freeway car fires, flying  tires or anything else that occurs on our freeways. It will be interesting to see how the rentals go. 

That is a place where you don't want a chemical spill, or a car that decides to jump the freeway for whatever reason.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The east side isn't too bad.. but once you approach the south side, they get super close to the ramp.

20796628378_ce4f10a8f7_h.jpg

20958308396_c7b0aee202_h.jpg

20796489960_a5f392bab4_h.jpg

20971709092_8cba746c6f_h.jpg

Hamilton Apartments Houston by Marc longoria, on Flickr

I would rent one of these but only if the windows open.....

That way, I could open the window and sell water and hamburgers to all the folks stuck in traffic. It's like a drive-through! I could make a killing during rush hour!

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...