Sign in to follow this  
devonhart

When Humble, Enco and Esso Became Exxon Video

Interesting. He wasn't in any hurry to get through that explanation.

I'm surprised that the company name behind the three brands was Humble Oil and Refining and not Eastern States Standard Oil or Standard Oil of New Jersey.

You're right. The original is even slower, I edited the sound track to get the guy to come to point, a lot of slow folksy talking to seem more trust worthy, I guess. Or maybe we can just process information a lot faster now.

Yes, interesting. Obviously, we have all gotten much smarter and more aware, at least in terms of business and marketing concepts, since then.      

I'm surprised that the company name behind the three brands was Humble Oil and Refining and not Eastern States Standard Oil or Standard Oil of New Jersey.

The reason for that is because although Jersey Standard (Esso) gradually bought more and more of Humble, when they finally merged in the '60s Humble ended up being the survivor entity for some reason or another.  A bunch of other entities were also swept up in that merger - Enjay, etc.