Upcoming construction on I-45 and US59 near downtown

HBJ this morning:  Current connector ramp (left-exiting) from I-45 northbound to I-69 southbound will close permanently Friday night at 9PM (January 25).  The new (right-exiting) ramp is expected to open June 28.  Until the new connector opens, motorists will continue northbound on I-45 to Interstate 10 East to go back to I-69 southbound.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/01/23/txdot-to-close-downtown-houston-highway-connector.html

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Until the new connector opens, motorists will continue northbound on I-45 to Interstate 10 East to go back to I-69 southbound.

Only if they really, really want to stay on a freeway.  Even then, it's going to make getting onto 45 from Walker even more interesting than it already is. 🙈

On 1/25/2019 at 4:09 PM, samagon said:

the most direct way will be:

new exit for St. Joseph and Pease.

stay on St. Joseph.

left on Hamilton.

enter freeway.

Yea that's probably the best way to go at this point. Going all the way around downtown and back down south would probably add an extra 15 mins to anybody's commute.

Also, what a nightmare this weekend. Never seen traffic that bad there before.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:42 AM, Triton said:

Yea that's probably the best way to go at this point. Going all the way around downtown and back down south would probably add an extra 15 mins to anybody's commute.

Also, what a nightmare this weekend. Never seen traffic that bad there before.

I can't wait for the 5-10 year version of it when they rebuild 59 and i10 to accommodate the removal of the pierce elevated. It'll be fun.

Archived