Sign in to follow this  
heights

Chron reporting woman shot in apparent robbery 13th and Harvard

KHOU now reporting that a smoke shop at 13th and Yale was robbed and the suspects fled in a vehicle.  A citizen was chasing the suspects and the suspects fired out of the vehicle at the citizen and a woman pushing a baby in a stroller was struck by the stray bullet.  She is expected to be OK and the baby was not injured.

Chron is reporting a woman was shot in an apparent robbery at 13th and Harvard:

http://www.chron.com/about/article/HPD-Woman-apparently-shot-in-Heights-robbery-5730881.php

This is crazy.  I guess these vape stores are the new target of robbers.  Strange that the murder last week was right infront of a new smoke shop as well.

This is crazy.  I guess these vape stores are the new target of robbers.  Strange that the murder last week was right infront of a new smoke shop as well.

The murder probably occurred very early in the morning.  Body was found @4:45 am.  Also, it looks like the victim was a transient/homeless man.  No more of a coincidence than the fact that the two crimes were both committed near where businesses are baking bread (Sarita's and Subway).

The smoke shop is more of a "you put your weed in it" place than an e-cig.  I would guess that they would do a lot of cash business (who would want to put a weed pipe on a credit card?) and might have a decent amount of cash on hand in comparison to their security measures in place (or lack thereof).   

• Like 1

The murder probably occurred very early in the morning.  Body was found @4:45 am.  Also, it looks like the victim was a transient/homeless man.  No more of a coincidence than the fact that the two crimes were both committed near where businesses are baking bread (Sarita's and Subway).

The smoke shop is more of a "you put your weed in it" place than an e-cig.  I would guess that they would do a lot of cash business (who would want to put a weed pipe on a credit card?) and might have a decent amount of cash on hand in comparison to their security measures in place (or lack thereof).   

**Law and Order sound**

Thats good work right there.

Seriously, those idiots are lucky they didnt accidently shoot a baby. 

The smoke shop is more of a "you put your weed in it" place than an e-cig. I would guess that they would do a lot of cash business (who would want to put a weed pipe on a credit card?) and might have a decent amount of cash on hand in comparison to their security measures in place (or lack thereof).

We used to call them "head shops" back in my *ahem* smoking days. Maybe I don't realize how much business these kinds of places are pulling in nowadays, but unless the proprietor is selling a kilo of cut every day, I wouldn't think that type of establishment would net a large haul for any robber. To me, there's something more to this story than what's being reported. 2 vehicles used, 4 guys, and shooting at a pursuant in broad daylight? I smell a fish.

• Like 1

The smoke shop is more of a "you put your weed in it" place than an e-cig. I would guess that they would do a lot of cash business (who would want to put a weed pipe on a credit card?) and might have a decent amount of cash on hand in comparison to their security measures in place (or lack thereof).

I had to chuckle to myself reading about how these are largely a cash-based business. You're not suggesting that their customers are paranoid are you? Lol...

I'm sure there are also comparable vehicle break-in stats for customer vehicles parked at these businesses. Maybe the nearby Star Pizza should run a 24x7 pizza buffet. Alight, I'm finished.