New Dallas Developments

The Bleu Ciel's rendering looks amazing. It will be a great addition to the area. I also like that residential building left of Frost Tower in the picture.

Yea I like that one too.I believe that's the Azure. The Bleu Ciel is supposed the have the same amount ot stories yes sit slightly taller than it. (??)

I heard the BC is on slightly more elevated ground.

Edited by JasnoDTX

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAN 7 2015

Trammell Crow bidg some nice towers next to Klyde Warren. They look nice. The previous renderings for them were really sexy but supposedly those designs would have caused more "towering infernos" like the Museum Tower. These designs looking good though. With the Azure, Blue Ciel and this TC residential tower all over 30 stories its good to see Uptown finally get some height!

Now if we could only get a 600footer in the middle of Uptown to top it off. :P

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2015/01/07/trammell-crow-co-metlife-unveil-luxury-towers-next.html

parkdistrictmedia*600xx900-600-0-106.jpg

The 19-story Park District Tower will sit on Pearl Street with about 502,000 square feet of Class A office space and 9,000 square feet of retail at the base of the tower. The development group plans to build multiple outdoor terraces, a fitness facility, a full conference facility with meeting rooms and a grand lobby with hotel-like space for informal meetings.

Trammell Crow Co.'s residential subsidiary, High Street Residential, will develop the 32-story Residences at Park District, which will sit on Olive Street. The tower will total about 255 residential homes with 13,000 square feet of retail space fronting Klyde Warren Park.

The residents will have access to an amenity deck and pool overlooking Klyde Warren Park and the downtown skyline. The tower will also have a fitness center, valet and concierge services.
Construction is expected to start on the towers this year.

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 2

Fountain Place is the most beautiful building in Dallas.  As far as GO COWGIRLS Detroit should have beat them.  Everybody in sports knows that the officials are paid off.  The greedy owner always has something up his sleeve.  No flag on that call and the media is still talking about it.   

Bad calls happen all the time in the NFL for numerous teams. One went for us against Detroit. One went against us in GB. Its just the way it is.

• Like 2

It's easy to forget how massive Dallas is when you're not there.  I drove DTD on my way back to Houston last week, and was taken aback by all the construction in Victory/Uptown/Downtown/whatever it's called.  

Dallas has also been more aggressive about building residential towers than Downtown Houston... until recently.  Now we've got several going at once, which is a first for Houston.  

BTW JasonDTX thanks for snapping that EPIC pic!!!  

• Like 3

It's easy to forget how massive Dallas is when you're not there.  I drove DTD on my way back to Houston last week, and was taken aback by all the construction in Victory/Uptown/Downtown/whatever it's called.  

Dallas has also been more aggressive about building residential towers than Downtown Houston... until recently.  Now we've got several going at once, which is a first for Houston.  

BTW JasonDTX thanks for snapping that EPIC pic!!!  

Thanks TTS but I cant take credit for that pic. I didnt take it. Lol. I just dig for good pics on the net and show them here. :P

I snagged that pic off of Skyscraper city. y'all need to check that place out. Great pics and updates. Thats where most of my content comes from. If I find more cool pics I'll show em. :D

Edited by JasnoDTX

Via Naghi12 on SkyscraperCity:

Another building redeveloping. Broke ground on Tuesday 11:00 a.m.
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/commercial-real-estate/headlines/Basic20150113-downtown-dallas-one-main-place-tower-will-house-new-westin-hotel.ece

Dallas is getting a ton of new retail, residential, and hotel spaces within downtown. By 2016-2020, downtown will have tremendous value, more residents, a big boost of retail space, more restaurants, entertainment areas, museums, and have more observation areas for the public. Hopefully, we will get new light rail and streetcars around the downtown to accommodate the new HSR line, and also new parks to beautify the area. We will probably see our offices fill up as more companies will want to relocate to a vibrant downtown. I'm excited about the turnout of all this.

Recently Completed
  • Atmos Complex
  • Continental Building
Under Construction
  • 1401 Elm
  • Statler Hilton Complex
  • Butler Brothers
  • One Main Place
  • 211 N. Ervay
  • One Dallas Center
  • 1600 Pacific
  • 1512 through 1516 Elm
Starting Soon
  • Adolphus Tower
  • 411 N. Akard
  • Old Ramada Plaza Hotel
  • 1700 Commerce
Planning Stage
  • Old Dallas High School
  • Hartford Building
  • Knights of Pythias building
  • Tower Petroleum

and practically every major office building is getting a major renovations/upgrades. I may be missing some, but the point is the amount of capital investment going on in the downtown area is astounding.

I'm curious if oil prices will affect the DFW market any?  Yes, you guys aren't nearly as reliant upon commodities for your economy - but part of one of the major shale plays is actually IN the DFW metroplex!

Youre pretty much right from what I've heard about that. Dallas is basically a glorified swap meet and started out as an Indian trading post. The only thing that's changed is the technology and how it gets here.

Yea the shale thing has made a huge impact and Dallas has always been a center in the oil industry though Im assuming not as big a player in it as Houston.

Houston should be okay. Energy isnt the only industry in that town. :D

• Like 2

Youre pretty much right from what I've heard about that. Dallas is basically a glorified swap meet and started out as an Indian trading post. The only thing that's changed is the technology and how it gets here.

And Houston started out as a real estate promotion.  :mellow:

• Like 1

Ross Perot/Hillwood Bldg Underway!

No..no..dont get excited. This isnt the possible supertall Perot tower downtown that HOK is working on.. This is just their HQ in the Turtle Creek area.:D Still, might as well post it.:D

16312930835_2a11124456_b.jpg

• Like 1

This is definitely going to be an interesting addition. Im just not sure how much of an allure a holocaust center will be. It should do well and bring out many visitors from all over the country(world). Probably many from the Jewish communities.

I personally just wouldn't be compelled to visit. If Im out enjoying the day Id rather go to the Perot museum,Dallas world aquarium,Klyde Warren(was there yesterday)...etc.

No disrespect intended. Who knows maybe it would be interesting visit.

As far as the building. It looks great.

Edited by JasnoDTX

Victory Park is on Fire!!!!

-A proposed 600 ft building is on the FAA's website

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...39855142&row=5

Height: 600ft
Name: Victory Tower

-A proposed 310 ft building is on the FAA's website

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...8269415&row=46

Height: 310ft
Name: Katy Station

-Block M will be Hines Victory Park Tower

Hines, Cousins team up on new Victory Park office tower | Dallas Morning News

-Skyhouse Victory Park #2

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...632162&row=408

Height: 248ft

-Block D is planned to have have retail topped with 3 levels of office

-Block G is planned to have retail and a movie theater 

land.gif

Edited by Dallaz
  • Like 3

Awesome :D

Here's what the Victory Tower might look like(?)

o9nf9m2g6ss6nng1.jpg

Also according to Emporis(not that that's the most reliable source) The Lexi a 696ft tower, has not been cancelled and is still proposed. I'd love to see that one get off the ground to. :P

http://www.emporis.com/building/the-lexi-dallas-tx-usa

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 2