New Dallas Developments

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason this forum's software is erroneously double quoting my posts. No other forum I am active with has this bug.

Anyway, here are two recent articles:

Edited by Sic'EmBears
  • Like 1

Nice to see more density in Preston Center. 

Work starting on new North Dallas senior housing community
Steve Brown
March 29, 2016

HarborChase-of-Park-Cities-Rendering-cop

Silverstone Healthcare Co. will break ground tomorrow on its new North Dallas senior housing community.

HarborChase of the Park Cities is on the east side of the Dallas North Tollway at Sherry Lane in Preston Center. The eight-story building will house 134 assisted-living and memory-care residential units.

Full Article

Edited by Sic'EmBears
  • Like 2

After a year of digging through limestone to construct the underground parking garage, Bleu Ciel is soon to go vertical.

Harwood's ultra-luxe skyscraper Bleu Ciel ready to rise into the sky
Candace Carlisle
March 30, 2016

bleu-ciel-rendering_113018.jpg

It's taken about 16 months for the Dallas-based development firm Harwood International to get ready to head sky high with its 33-story, ultra-luxury residential skyscraper, but that's just what the firm plans to do in the next week or so.

So far, Harwood has put seven homes under contract in the last seven days, Jessica Young, a spokeswoman for Harwood International, told the Dallas Business Journal.

"Our housing team — Harwood Living — is ahead of the game," said Young, who said Bleu Ciel will have approximately 158 homes (depending on finish out) within the skyscraper.

The architect of the project is Jean-Michel Wilmotte of Wilmotte & Associes S.A. in Paris. 

Harwood International plans to start vertical construction on Thursday, April 7.

Full Article

Edited by Sic'EmBears
  • Like 4

Construction ready to start on new residential community near South Side on Lamar
Candace Carlisle
March 30, 2016

southside.jpg

The new three-story, single-family home community, called Southside Place in Dallas, will have high-end finishes and fixtures with open floor plans and some rooftop deck options built by David Weekley's Central Living brand.

The homes will be priced starting in the mid-$400,000s.

A groundbreaking ceremony is slated for Tuesday, April 12 at 10 a.m. on the development site across Lamar Street from NYLO Dallas South Side hotel.

Full Article

Edited by Sic'EmBears

Dallas Mavs' Mark Cuban working with HKS, Texas A&M on new practice facility design
Candace Carlisle
March 29, 2016

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has been working with Dallas-based HKS Inc. and architecture graduate students from Texas A&M on the design of the NBA team's new practice facility, which real estate sources say the billionaire would like to put in an urban part of the city.

In a news release, Texas A&M said the university's students recently showed Cuban and HKS' director of sports and entertainment Bryan Trubey (former Texas A&M graduate) designs for a new mixed-use development meant to become a destination for Mavericks fans, players and team personnel, with amenities such as a team store, public cafe, museum, outdoor water feature and garden.

"The building will also include office space and conference rooms for startup technology companies, further separating the building from typical NBA practice facilities," according to Texas A&M officials.

Real estate sources say the billionaire has begun looking at options near Victory Park and in Deep Ellum in hopes of landing a new state-of-the-art practice facility that has the capability to aid in player recruitment and generate more buzz from fans.

"Overall, the sports industry is taking notice of what [Jerry] Jones has done, which is essentially building a secondary home to generate revenue and build fan support that will ultimately build the brand," said John Alper, vice president of strategic partnerships for Plano-based Chisum Sports & Hospitality, told the Dallas Business Journal.

Full Article

Edited by Sic'EmBears
  • Like 2

Riverfront development site is on Mark Cuban’s radar for new Mavericks mixed-use project
Steve Brown
March 31, 2016

riverplan.jpg
Design concepts for the 505 Riverfront property included mixed-use and high-rise buildings. (CBRE)

One of the properties Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is eyeing as a potential location for his new team training center and headquarters complex just came on the market for sale.

The vacant tract has more than 40 acres and is located northwest of downtown Dallas on the banks of the Trinity River at the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge.

A partnership headed by Dallas businessman Dale Foster has owned the property on both sides of the bridge at 505 Riverfront Boulevard for almost four years.

The investors have previously looked at mixed-use development options for the land. It’s zoned for high density development.

505site.jpg

“We are taking the property to market,” CBRE senior vice president David Glasscock said. “We have not been approached by the Mavericks organization or Mark Cuban, but the property is for sale and we are open to discussion.”

Another potential Riverfront site for the new Mavericks facility is south of Interstate 30.

Developer Matthews Southwest has 60 acres on Cadiz Street at Riverfront Boulevard.

The large vacant tract is just south of the growing South Side district along Lamar Street.

Cuban owns about 3.5 acres in the same area on Lamar.

Full Article

• Like 1

High-rise hotel on the way near Galleria in Dallas’ redeveloping Midtown district
Steve Brown
April 4, 2014

galleria.jpg

A second major project is in the works in Dallas Midtown redevelopment district along LBJ Freeway.

Developers are preparing plans for a new Marriott Hotel that would be built just east of the Dallas Galleria shopping mall.

The planned high-rise hotel is on part of the former Showcase Chevrolet property at Noel Road and LBJ, according to filings with Dallas’ planning and zoning department.

Carrollton-based Atlantic Hotels Group and Civitas Capital want to build the 256-room hotel on 3.6 acres.

Dallas-based architect 5G Studio Collaborative designed the project which includes a parking garage and large open courtyard.

City planners have taken issue with pedestrian access and the parking requirements for the development.

The proposed hotel tower is in an area surrounded by high-rise construction.

The Midtown district stretching from the Galleria to Valley View Mall has been earmarked for billions of dollars in mixed-use redevelopment.

Full Article

Edited by Sic'EmBears
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sic'EmBears said:

I'm guessing it will be somewhere between 12 and 20 floors.

Booooooo!

I heard somewhere it was gonna be 20.

256 Rooms could be 25 floors.

A random Miami highrise with 400 rooms is 40 floors (on wiki). So thats my rough math estimate. :)

3 hours ago, JasnoDTX said:

Booooooo!

I heard somewhere it was gonna be 20.

256 Rooms could be 25 floors.

A random Miami highrise with 400 rooms is 40 floors (on wiki). So thats my rough math estimate. :)

^_^

And the Dallas Omni, with 1001 rooms, is 23 floors.  So that would make this one about 6 floors.  :)  Probably closer to ten floors than twenty.

Edited by Houston19514

6 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

^_^

And the Dallas Omni, with 1001 rooms, is 23 floors.  So that would make this one about 6 floors.  :)  Probably closer to ten floors than twenty.

That Omni is a totally different "spread out" design with 2 sections. It could have been a more vertical design like Fort Worth's. This one at Galleria/Midtown should have a smaller footprint.(=more vertical)

Edited by JasnoDTX

Wowzas I didn't recognize that was Dallas in that first pic! Looked like H-town for a second. That Skyhouse 2 is looking good. Already  showing off its sleek vertical design and its only half way done. 25 stories will be a nice size for that spot.

I wonder if we'll ever get a Skyhouse 3! haha. It would be nice on central Expy or High-Five.

Edited by JasnoDTX

20 hours ago, JasnoDTX said:

That Omni is a totally different "spread out" design with 2 sections. It could have been a more vertical design like Fort Worth's. This one at Galleria/Midtown should have a smaller footprint.(=more vertical)

The Fort Worth Omni does not particularly support your case.  The hotel portion, with 604 rooms, is about 15 stories tall.

I look forward to the renderings.

Edited by Houston19514

Another tower in the works for the Design District:

Developer Fairfield Residential buys site for Design District high-rise
Steve Brown
April 7, 2016

hiline.jpg

Developer Fairfield Residential has purchased property at Hi Line Drive and Turtle Creek where it plans to construct a residential tower.

“The nightlife and destination being created down there is exciting.”

Fairfield’s property buy is just across the street from where the new Virgin Hotel is scheduled to start construction later this year.

Fairfield can build a tower of close to 20 floors.

“We’re in the midst of the design side of it – we are putting everything together,” Johnston said. “All the buildings in the area are trending taller and we want a product that fits”

Construction would start next year.

Full Article

Edited by Sic'EmBears
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

From today's Dallas Morning News

New storage projects land in central Dallas

A new development starting up on the east edge of downtown Dallas isn’t for another office tower, urban apartments or a hotel.

Paul Glover’s project on Canton Street near the Farmers Market will be a 6-story self storage facility

This is actually a good thing for many people in that dense area. So many renters not staying in one spot permanently. They need more public storage. There's actually another one going up up right here off Forest and LBJ.

Mckinney & Olive sure has the best parking garage I've seen.

• Like 1

Update:

- Robert A.M. Stern's Ritz-Carlton complex is soon to be enhanced. Crescent is working with both the Ritz-Carlton hotel and Residences at the Ritz-Carlton to enhance street life along Olive by potentially removing a screen wall which currently encloses a private garden, just outside both Fearing's and the Rattlesnake Bar. 

- McKinney & Olive's signature "blade" will remain one color, provided from the LED lighting.

Read the article here

On 4/5/2016 at 1:23 PM, Houston19514 said:

^_^

Unfortunately you are correct Mr Houston!:angry2:

Im flipping through channels this morning and came across one of those boring Dallas Commission Meetings at city hall. I was about to change the station when I noticed they were talking about Midtown/Galleria. Im still watching it now. The hotel is only FIVE stories. They are showing the renders on poster board. I don't know if they are even online yet. 

Scott Beck is there too. But from what I understand this project isn't officially part of his Midtown Project. Scott Beck was just there to support this Marriot project.( I could be wrong)

But in his speech he kept hinting at 20-40 story towers they would be building in the future. :D

This Marriot actually had to be LOWERED to 5 stories from 8 stories to fit some sort of stupid zoning law that dictates any building over 6 stories has to have the bottom 2 stories stick out 20 feet wider than the rest of the bldg. Zoning laws are so strange. They are still talking about open spaces and entrances and exits. Boring but interesting.

The renders show a hotel much more wide than tall obviously. The colors appear to be white with black glass with a modern look.

EDIT: The motion has been approved. So I guess that's good.

Edited by JasnoDTX