New Dallas Developments

Akard Place, now known as The Union, will feature not only dual apartments and office use but 85,000 square feet of retail, but most of that will be giving Uptown a new supermarket: a Tom Thumb! When was the last time one of those were even built in Dallas?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are right. This just looks like a curvier 609 Main. However, this is just a preliminary design, so it could still change. It said that an architectural competition was being held for this tower. But even if it's built like that, it would still be a great addition to the Dallas skyline.

• Like 1

"Ctrl+c >Hines 609 Main"

"Ctrl+v >Dallas"

ERROR

>copy 50% complete

:lol: . Yes Im agreeing with you. You know we like to copy our big brother lol.. It looks to be the same size as 609 main too(48 stories)... I count around 50 stories for our version of it.

The design is growing on me but needs more height! Looks about 700-710ft judging against the 720ft fountain place in the background. While not a supertall it will add welcomed girth to the CBD. Remember this is just a preliminary design.

"Hillwood is holding an architectural competition for the design for the office tower it wants to build on Woodall Rodgers.

The tower could be as small as a half million square feet or more than 50 stories depending on what a company wanted for offices, Reese said.

If the building is constructed it would be the first true skyscraper downtown since the 1980s."

If he could squeeze another 150ft out of this I'd be happy(but not satisfied)

Because our skyline isn't hugely tall an 850footer would look absolutely killer. Remember the Comerica is only 787ft but looks like a 900ftr against the rest of the buildings. A new building taller than 787ft would look awesome.

Cant wait to see what happens.

And he sure as hell better not go smaller. :angry2:

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 1

Don't worry, our design was recycled from a Calgary (or some other Canadian city). It happens... Still a decent looking tower for that rendering.

This is a different site from the HOK design we saw a while back with the park or the same lot?

• Like 1

"Ctrl+c >Hines 609 Main"

"Ctrl+v >Dallas"

ERROR

>copy 50% complete

:lol: . Yes Im agreeing with you. You know we like to copy our big brother lol.. It looks to be the same size as 609 main too(48 stories)... I count around 50 stories for our version of it.

:angry2:

I count 45 or 46 floors (depending on whether you count the first floor as one or two, plus the crown, of course.  609 Main is 48 floors, plus a crown.

Edited by Houston19514

Perot Museum of Science and Nature

Thanks looks like a prison.  It must be nice inside. 

This skyscraper appears a less attractive 609 Main.  It would look nice on that part of downtown.  If this is true we will see the crane in 2017 earliest.  Chevron Tower will already be under construction.      

I count 45 or 46 floors (depending on whether you count the first floor as one or two, plus the crown, of course.  609 Main is 48 floors, plus a crown.

I counted the bottom lobby as 3 floors. Im including the crown in the 50. Even if they arent full floors. They should be usable space.

Thanks looks like a prison.

This skyscraper appears a less attractive 609 Main.       

Lol. This is why I love HAIF. Nativehoustonion seems  to like to crack on Dallas a lot :D haha

One question: Who will be the one to tell him his username is spelled wrong? I won't. Maybe one of y'all natives?

I do love Onions though...:)

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 1

Lol. This is why I love HAIF. Nativehoustonion seems  to like to crack on Dallas a lot :D haha

One question: Who will be the one to tell him his username is spelled wrong? I won't. Maybe one of y'all natives?

I do love Onions though... :)

nativehoustonian somebody already has :o .  Lets see this building built. HA HA! 

• Like 1

It also has a slight Devon Tower look to it. I dont think OKC residents would be very happy if this thing reaches 851ft. :P

Yeah, it has Pickard Chilton (the architects of both 609 Main @ Texas and the Devon Energy Center) written all over it.

I doubt OKC residents care as much about this thing reaching 851 ft as you do about it reaching 757 ft.  :P

• Like 1

nativehoustonian somebody already has :o .  Lets see this building built. HA HA! 

Okay, okay. Cute cat by the way.

But mine is cuter!!!!!

LOL J/K I'll have to put Pixiecat's face as my avatar someday.

Okay, okay. Cute cat by the way.

But mine is cuter!!!!!

LOL J/K I'll have to put Pixiecat's face as my avatar someday.

Nobody is cuter then Simba!!!  LOL!

Do you really think this building will be built?  Or it is a potential which Houston and Dallas had so many.  

I think downtown Dallas is going to continue to see a reduction in its overall vacancy rate and will continue to have more residential development along with an increase of new companies moving into present vacant space. It is a good time to be an office landlord in Dallas. Downtown Dallas is experiencing the fastest reduction in vacancy rate in the country. Uptown is now down to 10 % vacancy. But the Perot tower doesn't have anything to do with vacancy rates. Perot is out to get his own.

• Like 4

Its probably not right to compare Hines to Hillwood. Perot's Hillwod company is a much younger(possibly smaller) founded in early 90's but he has a large portfolio.

And yes there are International projects...http://www.hillwood.com/

Hines was founded way back in 1957. Give Hillwood some time. They'll do great things.

I believe the Dallas equivalent to Hines would be Trammell Crow.

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 2

It also has a slight Devon Tower look to it. I dont think OKC residents would be very happy if this thing reaches 851ft. :P

Devon has a different shape. I think better comparison here is 1180 Peachtree. IMO, this has the sharp lines of 609 Main's body, but with the crown of 1180 Peachtree. Its a nice proposal...

• Like 1