New Dallas Developments

I know it was posted on a closed topic....but this is big for the Dallas skyline if it happens...

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2014/10/24/exclusive-turkish-developer-to-buy-land-near.html

Roughly five acres of land behind Dallas City Hall is under contract by Turkish developer Mike Sarimsakci, who has started designing plans to build a $1.2 billion ground-up development to put four mixed-use towers in downtown Dallas.

The four towers include two 80-story towers and two 60-story towers originally conceived by Sarimsakci for the proposed redevelopment of Pacific Plaza Park(except he'd like to double the project). If the deal goes through, the project would be developed at 1701 Cadiz St. and 1502 Canton St., each valued at about $1 million by the Dallas Central Appraisal District.

Terms of the expected land sale were undisclosed.

"These towers would be the tallest west of the Mississippi," Sarimsakci told the Dallas Business Journal in an exclusive interview. "We are going to do it. We have the land under contract and Dallas needs to shine.

"We are under contract and we have the capital ready," he said, adding that he has a number of international capital backers eager to invest in downtown Dallas.

Lol, so you're going to post the exact same topic that brought all the Dallas trolls out of the woodwork in the first place so this thread gets locked too? I'm trying to understand the logic.

Yes, that would be huge for Dallas.. But for the umpteenth time, that is a fantasy proposal that will never happen in its proposed state.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is an interesting development. just because a few can't control themselves should be reason the topic cannot be discussed. not being sarcastic, but if some folks decide to troll one of the hines developments in Houston does it mean we close it and no longer talk about it?

• Like 1

Texas with its wide open spaces lags behind California and Florida, let alone New York and Illinois, in numbers and heights of high density projects  (note:  on the Skyscraperpage Diagram Search Form, you have to enter us as a "State", not as a "country".)

True highrise fanboys should be bent on keeping your stats growing by whatever means, lest we fall behind.  Cities like former US territory Manila have built more 100m+ structures in the last decade than Texan cities have since 1836.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, hello HINES..Thought this project was dead.... Looks like this one might actually be a GO... YaY!

Only 23 stories but gorgeous. Thanks for coming up here and showing Dallas how to get it done!

11-10-14

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2014/11/hines-cousins-team-up-on-new-victory-park-office-tower.html/

victorycenter-218x300.jpg

Houston-based developer Hines is teaming up with Cousins Properties Inc. to break ground next year on a 23-story office tower in Dallas’ Victory Park project.

The 466,000-square-foot glass high-rise will be the largest office project in the 75-acre development on the northwest corner of downtown Dallas.

The new tower called Victory Center – designed by Duda/Paine Architects – would open in 2017 on Houston Street southwest of the American Airlines Center arena.

“It’s a 23-month construction period,” said Hines’ Heath Johnson, who heads the company’s Dallas development operations. “When you look at how well the other projects in the area have done, there is definitely room to grow in this market.”

Hines said its One Victory Park tower, which is located next door to the new office building site, is more than 90 percent leased. That building opened in 2008 and is 17 stories.

Several other new office buildings now going up in Dallas’ Uptown district and downtown are substantially leased.

:P

Edited by Subdude
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be holding my breath.  This was nothing more than a marketing press release, which Steve Brown, the DMN's real estate reporter/cheerleader, dutifully ran as news.   Like some of our pending downtown projects, this one will be built when they sign up significant tenants and not a moment before.

So I was looking at the EarthCam for McKinney and Olive, and theres something under construction across the street, and what looks like another lot being developed diagonally across the street. Does anybody know what they are?

http://www.mckinneyandolive.com/EarthCam.aspx

The one that is under construction across the street is 1900 Cedar Springs. The lot being prepared will be 1920 McKinney Avenue.

• Like 1

High-speed rail station will be 'iconic' part of Dallas skyline, CEO says

http://m.bizjournals.com/dallas/blog/2014/11/high-speed-rail-station-will-be-iconic-part-of.html

"We're building a $10 billion plus system here," Lawless said. "Our iconic symbol of that, is going to be, yes a terminal in Houston, but on the Dallas skyline, we want to have an iconic structure. We're budgeting accordingly to have an iconic structure. We have the ability to do that because we're starting from scratch."

Edited by Dallaz
  • Like 1

Lol, so you're going to post the exact same topic that brought all the Dallas trolls out of the woodwork in the first place so this thread gets locked too? I'm trying to understand the logic.

Yes, that would be huge for Dallas.. But for the umpteenth time, that is a fantasy proposal that will never happen in its proposed state.

These two 80 and two 60 floors building were in Emporis.  I just noticed they were removed even as proposed.   

• Like 1

These two 80 and two 60 floors building were in Emporis.  I just noticed they were removed even as proposed.   

Im sure he'll build something someday but I just never put much merit in the proposal for these towers. ^_^

I'll only trust the big names. :P

• Like 1

As already stated here The Bleu Ciel breaks ground on Dec.8!

I will try to be there to take pics and post here.(maybe)

*Does the Bleu Ciel dance to celebrate* :o

Anyways here's a nice BC vimeo video for eye candy.

How do you embed video in this place anyways? :P

Enjoy

http://vimeo.com/108524243

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 2

The Old Statler Hilton Hotel overhaul

This will be a great addition for this part of downtown.  For those that don't know this was one Hilton's first hotels with a mechanical valet system back in the 50's or 60's when it opened.  Later it became the Dallas Grand Hotel until it closed some years ago.  It has changed hands many times and now is moving forward.  Program includes new retail, music venue, and hotel.  Not sure who the operator will be, nonetheless, it is moving forward and is currently under going some initial work. There have been several proposals for a residential component as well, but not sure if that is still in there.

http://m.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2014/11/24/a-175m-plan-to-revive-the-statler-hiltons-storied.html

Edited by slfunk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, sorry to say Im not sure about that. I know there are parks in that area. Maybe a mixture of both. Whatever it is Im sure it can be developed though people down there want to keep plenty of parks.

That is Maple Ave. and Reverchon Park.

The overpass is the Katy Trail.

• Like 1