New Dallas Developments

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally made it back from Dallas, what a nightmare with the weather.  One thing I did notice nobody is friendly like Houston.  At Whole Foods in Houston at the bar they are talking in French, Spanish, Muslim, Indian, Chinese.  Houston is very diverse and in dallas they know idea we have a huge Chinatown and  India town off Harwin.  Everybody is so friendly here.  Almost all my clients don't live in Dallas.  I think Plano must have their own blog.  They live Irving, Richardson, Plano, Addison and hate Dallas.  I was shocked so Austin will surpass Dallas in 10 years in population.  Dallas leaders need to get companies that will locate to Dallas downtown because it is very empty.  They have light up buildings but they are still empty.  

Jeezus Native. That was a mouthfull. I never made this  a D Vs H thread. Just here to report new developments. :lol:

• Like 3

Gosh, settle down nativehoustonion (Im a native Houstonian, too).  I guess we all have our own personal "filters" and have own our unique experiences visiting other places.  It would be boring to visit another nearby city (like Dallas) and have it be exactly the same as where we come from.  Perhaps its good that people have an inbuilt competitive instinct, but we should also be fair and be willing to give credit where credit is due ... 

• Like 3

Campus additions make debut in Oak Lawn. Pretty nice.

Crow Holdings tonight will have the grand opening of the latest addition to its Old Parkland campus in Oak Lawn.

Four new buildings on the west side of the almost 10-acre property along Maple Avenue will add about 150,000 square feet of additional office and public space to the project which surrounds the 102-year-old Parkland Hospital buildings which Crow restored in 2008.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/10/monumental-old-parkland-campus-additions-make-their-debut-in-oak-lawn.html/

oldparkland3.jpg

parklandsecond.jpg

• Like 4

This looks like some very nice infill downtown.

Sorry no good link to the article. Info from SSC. This is a Trammell Crow Project.

2000 Ross Avenue is an HKS designed, vertical mixed-use development, which will over 30,000 SF of retail, 351 residential units, and a 227-room hotel. The 26-story project will encompass an entire Downtown Dallas city block with frontage on RossAvenue, Harwood Street, San Jacinto Street and Olive Street. Its close proximity to the highly acclaimed Dallas Arts District and over 13M square feet of office provides for a compelling mix of restaurants and dining options.

Retail is scheduled for delivery in Q3 2017 and the entire project is scheduled for completion in Q3 2018.

Photos via Sic'em Bears on SSC

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/BCB_01/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-10-27%20at%203.19.44%20PM.png.html

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-27%20at%203.19.4

c8-FINAL.jpg

c1-Final.jpg

c4-Final.jpg

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 7

I see what you mean. You're talking about what I wrote. I will change it to Old PC. I havent been keeping up with new Parkland developments. The addition to the OLD Campus is new obviously.

Edited by JasnoDTX

Via Sic'em Bears on SSC

Phase Two of Craig Hall's Plans:

For those of you who don't know. Phase one is that new 18 story building that does a great light show downtown. (KPMG)

Now he's getting ready to continue. Breaking ground sometime next year on Phase 2.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2015/10/27/only-on-news8-hotel-luxury-residential-planned-for-phase-two-of-dallas-hall-arts-development/74719692/

He is also working to complete his plans for Phase 3:

He aims to complete final plans for Phase 3 — which includes a 50-story office tower with space for restaurants — in the next two to three years. :D

Developer Craig Hall gave WFAA a first look at the second phase of his Hall Arts development Tuesday, which will bring a new hotel and high-end living to the Dallas Arts District.

Quote:

"Phase Two is going to be on the corner by Flora," said Hall. "High end, a very exclusive residential building. Then behind that, going toward Ross, toward downtown, will be a hotel."

The 11-story boutique hotel's name is still under wraps, but Hall said it will sit above two floors of public space, 231 rooms and 7,000 square feet of meeting space. There is also space for restaurants.

The hotel will share some services with the Hall Arts Residences, which will sit 25 stories high, made up of 44 homes. Hall has reserved his spot on the 6th floor, and — like all potential buyers — he has to wait until it's built.

635815830234113525-1027-hall-arts02.jpg

635815830240665567-1027-hall-arts01.jpg

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 3

Getting back to the topic of the thread...

This is what happens when you give your city an image. Yeah Dallas can get ugly residential projects every once in a while like all cities, but the general look of them are of much higher quality. Office projects seem a little less than ours though.

What do you mean "give your city an image"?  Does Dallas have a zoning code or something that encourages buildings that look nice like this, or is it just what the architects are inspired to do?

Also, remember from the sub forum description:

Reminder Respectful discussions only. My-city-is-better-than-your-city flame wars are not permitted on HAIF. "He started it" is not a valid excuse. 

FAA Requests for the Union (31 & 22 stories) have just been approved.

Work Schedule: 11/01/2015 to 05/02/2018

Description of Proposal: Mixed use project consisting of a 31 level residential tower and 22 level office tower.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=267028331&row=245

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=267028330&row=243

TheUnion3.jpg

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 5

Im going to go into teen mode and just say...

Slay Dallas slay those empty lots! 

Ok I'm back to being a mature adult. 

• Like 2

Im going to go into teen mode and just say...

Slay Dallas slay those empty lots! 

Ok I'm back to being a mature adult. 

Uptown D may not have the height (yet) but it's sure getting dense as *beep*!

Edited by JasnoDTX

Gotta agree. The Dallas condo towers are generally nicer looking than ours. That's my opinion and I love Houston but we've gotten a lot of turds and boring beige boxes while they tend to get sleek, modern, glass and steel towers. They also don't have Randall Davis adding Beetlejuice towers all over.

• Like 4

Gotta agree. The Dallas condo towers are generally nicer looking than ours. That's my opinion and I love Houston but we've gotten a lot of turds and boring beige boxes while they tend to get sleek, modern, glass and steel towers. They also don't have Randall Davis adding Beetlejuice towers all over.

Careful fam, someone might create an account to send you a really mad message :rolleyes:
  • Like 2