New Dallas Developments

^Maybe its not a true proposal yet but you dont do an FAA submission unless youre ready to do something. It's only been like 4 days dude. Including the weekend.

Moving on...

Highrises coming to Deep Ellum! Now there's a little controversy with nearby residents judging by the comments but it'll be really nice to see some towers on the east side. The Uptown boom is great but I like seeing Deep Ellum and Design District revving up. 17 stories doesnt seem that tall but its huge for that area. NIce design too.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/08/high-rise-apartment-tower-coming-in-dallas-deep-ellum-district.html/

case1.jpg

I actually think that its quite handsome. Nice use of materials and colors. Very commanding presence. The two tower approach has a very New York Central Park feel to it which might be what they are going for. Its got a good flavor of old and new. Traditional lines with some contemporary flare. I like it.

• Like 5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Maybe its not a true proposal yet but you dont do an FAA submission unless youre ready to do something. It's only been like 4 days dude. Including the weekend.

Moving on...

Highrises coming to Deep Ellum! Now there's a little controversy with nearby residents judging by the comments but it'll be really nice to see some towers on the east side. The Uptown boom is great but I like seeing Deep Ellum and Design District revving up. 17 stories doesnt seem that tall but its huge for that area. NIce design too.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/08/high-rise-apartment-tower-coming-in-dallas-deep-ellum-district.html/

case1.jpg

Very strange looks like The Carter in Houston under construction in Houston off Montrose.  The same developer from Dallas thanks.

NOT AN OFFICIAL PROPOSAL YET as far as I know but is interesting.....

It would make a beautiful edition to the Galleria..er Midtown skyline. I don't have much detail about this. It may or may not be part of Scott Beck's Midtown project.

Here is the only sources as of today.

http://hpaurban.com/portfolio-item/alpha-tower/

Alpha Tower:

- 27 floors
- 238 units
- SW corner of Alpha and Noel

Humphreys-Partners-Urban-Architecture-Al

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Via  Dollaztx on SSC:

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/first-major-project-set-to-start-in-dallas-midtown-district-along-lbj-freeway.html/

Construction is ready to kick off on the first major development in Dallas’ Midtown redevelopment district along LBJ Freeway.

Apartment developer Mill Creek Residential has purchased a 4-acre property just east of the Galleria Dallas complex where it will construct a luxury apartment community.

Quote:

Mill Creek’s planned rental community will have 321 units in five story buildings.

The project will be similar to two apartment projects the developer has done along North Central Expressway north of Uptown

This is great news. The area is revving up..with property sales too.(read related links) Now build those bigger towers! :P

noel.jpg

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That area looks like half the size of the Texas Medical Center.  Cool!

Not all of it is shown in that view. That view doesnt show eastward or further up and east where more condos are going up. Though I agree it does have a TMC look to it. About 80% its size I'd say until those new towers fill in it'll be much a closer match! :P

houston_medical_center.jpg

Edited by JasnoDTX

Lol. :lol:  I've heard that before but Im not so sure about it. Okay. Well then I guess if D-Uptown keeps building it will overtake D-downtown. Especially if any of those Harwood towers go up.

I do believe the part about the 100k workers but not overall size.

Edited by JasnoDTX

Kitty -  Isn't there a TMC sub forum where we can talk about TMC topics as well as your insecurity issues?   

Jasno - Great visual.  D-Uptown is turning out really to awesome.  And, I have always loved the Fed Reserve Building at the bottom of  your photo.  Keep the good news coming. 

• Like 6

Looks like the wheels are turning on the Trammell Crow Met Life Park District towers on 2101 Pearl St. :)

They are the purple jello cube in that Uptown photo I posted.

The permits have been filed and the tallest is now 34 stories not 32.

Edit: I believe this will make an impact on the skyline and help transition height of downtown into uptown.

permit.jpg

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/10/trammell-crow-files-permits-for-klyde-warren-park-tower-project.html/

parkdistrictmedia.jpg

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Deep Ellum is getting some more height in addition to the 2 other 17story towers (which are reported already under construction) Its nice to see that area go a little vertical.

The Epic (rendered here) TOD is right on the DART line and will include residential, office and a hotel. The Epic will have 250k SF of office and a hotel in a historic 100-year-old brick four-story building. The office will be right on Good Lattimer and Elm Street. Bill says more details are forthcoming, but he can’t release too much info just yet.

https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-worth/news/mixed-use/breaking-news-kdc-jving-on-deep-ellum-tod-51326?rt=title

79697_1445439249_theepic-large.jpg

TheEPIC4.jpg

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 3

Looks like Deep Ellum is getting some more height in addition to the 2 other 17story towers (which are reported already under construction) Its nice to see that area go a little vertical.

The Epic (rendered here) TOD is right on the DART line and will include residential, office and a hotel. The Epic will have 250k SF of office and a hotel in a historic 100-year-old brick four-story building. The office will be right on Good Lattimer and Elm Street. Bill says more details are forthcoming, but he can’t release too much info just yet.

https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-worth/news/mixed-use/breaking-news-kdc-jving-on-deep-ellum-tod-51326?rt=title

79697_1445439249_theepic-large.jpg

TheEPIC4.jpg

Terrible name. The epic. Wow...

Jason, do you think urbanism is something Dallas values? In Houston it is the rage now. I'm not sure if Dallas is seeking to be more urban or if these developments are just meeting the need of people wanting to live in uptown.

First renders of The Union.

Article says both will be 22 stories but anyone who can count sees way more at least on one. FAA says 31 and 22 stories.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=267028331&row=73

Looks nice either way.

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/2015/10/your-first-look-at-the-union-which-is-home-to-much-more-than-just-uptowns-tom-thumb.html/

TheUnionLocation.jpg

TheUnion3.jpg

• Like 1

Terrible name. The epic. Wow...

Jason, do you think urbanism is something Dallas values? In Houston it is the rage now. I'm not sure if Dallas is seeking to be more urban or if these developments are just meeting the need of people wanting to live in uptown.

Yes. Dallas is valuing it and I think it's both filling needs as well as changing the scene.

This isn't Uptown.

This is Deep Ellum. I just hope it doesnt become another snooty Uptown. Many including myself don't want that(culture wise). I think this is on the developers' minds and they don't want to take too much organic character from the neighborhood. You can see that with the development of the new Case towers.(pictured higher up on this thread) They have more red brick and look more part of the existing area.

This bldg is different but still nice. We'll see what happens in time.

Edited by JasnoDTX

Finally made it back from Dallas, what a nightmare with the weather.  One thing I did notice nobody is friendly like Houston.  At Whole Foods in Houston at the bar they are talking in French, Spanish, Muslim, Indian, Chinese.  Houston is very diverse and in dallas they know idea we have a huge Chinatown and  India town off Harwin.  Everybody is so friendly here.  Almost all my clients don't live in Dallas.  I think Plano must have their own blog.  They live Irving, Richardson, Plano, Addison and hate Dallas.  I was shocked so Austin will surpass Dallas in 10 years in population.  Dallas leaders need to get companies that will locate to Dallas downtown because it is very empty.  They have light up buildings but they are still empty.