New Dallas Developments

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to put this here to see it.

Got it from BigFootSocks's other thread.

Dallas has seeped into Madness!.... :P

New towers for Downtown Dallas and the central core:

Under Construction, 14 towers:

33 story Bleu Ciel residential tower
30 story Katy Station residential tower
23 story The Jordan residential tower
23 story Ascent 1 residential tower (2 tower complex on shared podium)
21 story Ascent 2 residential tower (2 tower complex on shared podium)
22 story The McKenzie residential tower
22 story Frost Bank office tower
21 story McKinney & Olive mixed use tower
21 story One Uptown residential tower
18 story The Brady residential tower
18 story Hall Arts office tower
14 story 1900 Cedar Springs residential tower
10 story Baylor Hospital expansion
7 story One Harwood, "Rolex" office tower, Harwood International

Groundbreakings imminent, 8 towers:

40-60 story J.P.Morgan Chase mixed use tower (next to Trammell Crow Center), before end of year
25 story The Union Dallas office tower, 16 stories on top of shared parking podium, before end of year
25 story Skyhouse II residential tower, Aug. 11, 2015 per FAA schedule
23 story 1900 Pearl ("Symphony" Arts District tower), Lincoln Property, Sep. 25, 2015 per FAA schedule
23 story Hines Victory office tower, Sep. 30, 2015 per FAA schedule
22 story Cinepolis residential tower, Sep. 1, 2015 per FAA schedule
19 story Park District office tower, Trammell Crow, before end of year
18 story Oliver & Central residential tower, January 2016

Planned, 34 towers:

50-100 story Perot Tower
Twin 80 story and twin 60 story towers (4 tower complex near Dallas City Hall)
Harwood Forum complex, Harwood International mixed use towers (3.2 million sq ft of condos, office, hotel, retail):
-- twin ~60-65 story towers (connected by skybridge)
-- ~40-50 story tower
-- ~30 story tower (curvy design)
-- ~30 story Harwood XII office tower
50+ story The Lexi mixed use tower, Harwood International
46 story Cityplace mixed use tower
45 story Hall Arts mixed use tower
39 story 2121 Flora Atelier Arts District mixed use tower
32 story Residences at Park District residential tower, Trammell Crow
29 story Hall Arts residential tower
29 story The Union Dallas residential tower, shared parking podium
29 story The Oliver residential tower, Harwood International
24 story Streetlights Hall & Howell residential tower
24 story 2826 No. Harwood office tower, Harwood International
23 story "M" Line Streetlights residential tower
20-25 story Hillwood Urban 1, office tower
20-25 story Hillwood Urban 2, office tower
20 story Ltd Edition 2505 residential tower
19 story "Club Babalu" residential tower
17 story "Old Warsaw" office tower (14 story + ~3 story crown)
~17 story Dream Hotel
~17 story Virgin Hotel
15 story Westdale Deep Ellum residential tower
Spire Development, mixed use:
-- 30 story hotel
-- 30 story office
-- 21 story office
-- 13 story residential
12 story Two Arts office tower, Lucy Billingsley

Not announced:

Tim Headington holdings (across from The Joule Hotel and across from Fountain Place office tower)
Jack Matthews holdings (old "Dallas High School", West Dallas and The Cedars)
High Speed Rail development (possible tower or towers as part of HSR complex)

I didnt even know about the possible 40-60story next to Trammell Crow.

Also something is happening next to the 18 story Craig Hall arts center. I do believe they have begun the staging for the 45story. I noticed it a few weeks ago.

I personally dont believe all of the "big boys" listed here are going to go up.....but just imagine seeing all those cranes up at the same time if they did. 1984 all over again. It wouldn't look like the same city.

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 1

yeahh, that list seems way too generous in regards to the projects that the author thinks will get built in Dallas..

Yeah not holding my breath for many of these but you never know.

You gotta admit the first group U/C is already impressive. If half of the 2nd group gets done...wow. Especially the 45-60 next to Trammell crow.

I saw someone say it takes a 400footer to make an impact on the skyline...and that would be well over. Not to mention the other 45 story next the the Craig Hall arts center. As I said something is physically happening there right now.

The Harwood master plan is INSANE. I dont think that I posted the concept pics here yet. That one Im not sure of....along with the 80x2/60x2 Cadiz towers. Hey at least we dream BOLD haha.

Harwood_Forum_Masterplan_1_.jpg

• Like 4

BREAKING NEWS!

8/26/15

Dallas skyline is about to turn into a freakshow.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=261961202&row=0

Quote:
Structure Name: HI FORUM TOWER
Quote:
Structure Height: 1080

That's taller than the Salesforce Tower. Suck it San Francisco!

Thats in the Harwood location. Check the map in the link!

*jumping around like a madman* :lol:

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 5

BREAKING NEWS!

8/26/15

Dallas skyline is about to turn into a freakshow.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=261961202&row=0

Quote:Structure Name: HI FORUM TOWER

Quote:Structure Height: 1080

That's taller than the Salesforce Tower. Suck it San Francisco!

Thats in the Harwood location. Check the map in the link!

*jumping around like a madman* :lol:

Nice renderings but this seems conceptual. Too early to celebrate anything and we've seen many grand proposals end up never built in both Texas cities. Twin 80 story towers is a lot of space. Can the market there handle all of this new office space suddenly added to the equation?!?

Edited by tigereye

no offense at all but does anyone really believe this will happen?

I dont know but the amount of proposals will inevitably lead to a winner.

Another thing. There's been discussion about the height and how the FAA would allow it.....Well it turns out it's in the same "lane/flightpath" as the Hillwood Perot site which has NO height limit. So its definitely possible the height could get approved.

Harwood supposedly is a strong firm. Hope they can make it happen.

As far as tenants there are many companies right now have chosen to move to D recently. Including London-based Adestra. General Electric is looking at Dallas. Also the consolidation of DirectTV/AT&T could yield need for big office space.

My money is on Hillwood(Perot) and Harwood for any real future results.

I dont think the 80x2/60x2 Cadiz towers (That Turkish dude) (Southside of Downtown) will gain traction anytime soon.

Dallas with FIVE supertalls going up at once? ...Not likely.  Oh but that would be some spectacle our nation would be proud of. :P

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 1

I dont know but the amount of proposals will inevitably lead to a winner.

Another thing. There's been discussion about the height and how the FAA would allow it.....Well it turns out it's in the same "lane/flightpath" as the Hillwood Perot site which has NO height limit. So its definitely possible the height could get approved.

Harwood supposedly is a strong firm. Hope they can make it happen.

As far as tenants there are many companies right now have chosen to move to D recently. Including London-based Adestra. General Electric is looking at Dallas. Also the consolidation of DirectTV/AT&T could yield need for big office space.

My money is on Hillwood(Perot) and Harwood for any real future results.

I dont think the 80x2/60x2 Cadiz towers (That Turkish dude) (Southside of Downtown) will gain traction anytime soon.

Dallas with FIVE supertalls going up at once? ...Not likely.  Oh but that would be some spectacle our nation would be proud of. :P

pretty cool stuff for Dallas and Texas.  Hope we see this thing happen.

• Like 1

The Harwood supertall looks like 4 buildings mashed together. I would much rather see that little one be the tallest. It is interesting I guess, and that location is perfect for a new focal point.

There's an angle I havent posted on here. That first pic is kinda weird cause it tower on the left looks mashed with another tower sticking out but check this one...Its a whole other tower.

Harwood_Forum_Masterplan_2_.jpg

Well if this does end up coming to fruition, I will have no choice but to tip my hat off and congratulate Dallas as the new tallest city in Texas.

I had my fun celebrating but will try not to mention it anymore until more solid news comes. I will report it here.

There are tons of other "real" Dallas development happening now.

But after a little research I learned that this tower would be the TALLEST in the USA outside of NYC and CHI.

Phillys new Comcast Innovation without spire is 911ft.(1121)

LAs Wilshire Grand without spire is 934.(1100)

SanFrans and Miami new supertalls are under 1080ft

I can also almost guarantee that if it happened Houston would get the wheels turning on another supertall. Win win for both cities. :)

• Like 1

There's an angle I havent posted on here. That first pic is kinda weird cause it tower on the left looks mashed with another tower sticking out but check this one...Its a whole other tower.

The shape is nice. Just not the wow factor I was hoping for. It's clean and tall, but not in love with the design.

I have yet to see Miami's supertall, but San Francisco's is decent. Apart from Freedom Tower it seems the new supertalls in this country fall short of the rest of the world.

The twin 80 story ones by the park are beautiful. I prefer those.

/I have yet to see Miami's supertall,/

To my knowledge it's been approved(among others according to wiki) but hasnt started construction.

1049ft

Its called Brickhouse or something. I dunno.

I read somewhere that the USA has a FAA height limit of 2,000 ft. While other countries are throwing up 1,500fts+ like its routine. Haha.

I wouldnt want a 1,500 footer in Dallas. It would look ridiculous IMO. :lol:

1,200 foot max including a spire for Dallas. Maybe 1,300 max for Houston.

Supertall is good enough. Megatall isnt necessary.

Remember many of the other countries are using cheap and SLAVE labor to build these things in an attempt to "one-up" the USA. They're insecure maybe? Many of China's highrises are empty.

And I heard Putin's Moscow CBD supertalls (my fav btw) are have very low occupancy.

Edited by JasnoDTX

/I have yet to see Miami's supertall,/

To my knowledge it's been approved(among others according to wiki) but hasnt started construction.

1049ft

Its called Brickhouse or something. I dunno.

I read somewhere that the USA has a FAA height limit of 2,000 ft. While other countries are throwing up 1,500fts+ like its routine. Haha.

I wouldnt want a 1,500 footer in Dallas. It would look ridiculous IMO. :lol:

1,200 foot max including a spire for Dallas. Maybe 1,300 max for Houston.

Supertall is good enough. Megatall isnt necessary.

Remember many of the other countries are using cheap and SLAVE labor to build these things in an attempt to "one-up" the USA. They're insecure maybe? Many of China's highrises are empty.

And I heard Putin's Moscow CBD supertalls (my fav btw) are have very low occupancy.

I was talking about design, not how quickly or how many are going up elsewhere.

I don't like the design.  It looks like something they will build in Singapore, or China.  It appears to be over 4 million square feet.  A city within a city, Tito's for Dallas if it gets built.  Honestly I'll believe it when the cranes are there.  Being so close to Love Field even getting insurance would cost a lot of money.   

I don't like the design.  It looks like something they will build in Singapore, or China.  It appears to be over 4 million square feet.  A city within a city, Tito's for Dallas if it gets built.  Honestly I'll believe it when the cranes are there.  Being so close to Love Field even getting insurance would cost a lot of money.   

When comparing the first and 2nd renders you can see someone messed up. The 2nd one shows a third tower in front looking like a 800footer while in the first render it was mashed in with the twins.

I dont know how I feel about the looks of all these bldgs but I suspect they'll grow on me. The shorter "slinky" bldg looks out of place and not symmetrical with anything though in person it may look awesome. Im liking the twin towers more than when I first saw them.

Yea it looks like it should be in China........but that's what makes it so cool! It will continue the Dallas tradition of slightly bolder designs.

The story behind these pics:

These, and a few other renders, where "accidentally leaked" on to the Harwood forum a few days ago. Someone on DallasMetropolis grabbed them quickly before they were taken down. Then the next day the FAA submission came up on their website. Now everyone is buzzing about it on multiple forums. The height issue may not be an issue at all. Someone noted its in the same "window" as the Perot site with no height limit.

Yes it will be interesting to see what happens. If I find more info I'll post it here. These would be the tallest in the USA outside NYC and CHI when not including spires of others.

^Maybe its not a true proposal yet but you dont do an FAA submission unless youre ready to do something. It's only been like 4 days dude. Including the weekend.

Moving on...

Highrises coming to Deep Ellum! Now there's a little controversy with nearby residents judging by the comments but it'll be really nice to see some towers on the east side. The Uptown boom is great but I like seeing Deep Ellum and Design District revving up. 17 stories doesnt seem that tall but its huge for that area. NIce design too.

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/08/high-rise-apartment-tower-coming-in-dallas-deep-ellum-district.html/

case1.jpg

Edited by JasnoDTX
  • Like 4