Pasadena Citizen Newspaper

torimask

Does anyone know where I might find copies of The Pasadena Citizen from the 1960s-1980s?

It does not appear the Houston Public Library has any microfilm holdings of the paper and I can't seem to locate any information online about who might have archived it.

Does anyone know where I might find copies of The Pasadena Citizen from the 1960s-1980s?

It does not appear the Houston Public Library has any microfilm holdings of the paper and I can't seem to locate any information online about who might have archived it.

According to the Pasadena Public Library's website, the main branch does have the Pasadena Citizen and the Houston Chronicle on microfilm. The library's FAQ section does not say how far back the microfilms go, but I'd say, at least for the Citizen, the archives very likely go back to the 1930s, based on similar experiences I've had in libraries in Huntsville, Navasota, Cleveland, Brenham and Conroe.

Good hunting!

Pasadena Public Library has a pretty complete run of the Citizen on micro.

Sterling Library in Baytown has a very complete run of the Goose Creek/Baytown Sun.

Newspapers.com has a good collection of small town newspapers from around Texas online but not Pasadena - depends on what you're looking for whether it would have been mentioned in other papers in the area.

While we're on the topic, does anyone know if La Porte ever had a newspaper? My high school's (Aldine) first football game was against La Porte in October 1936. I have the Post's story on it, but it was only a two paragraph story and as Aldine was predictably shut out in its first ever appearance, nothing is said about my team. It's all about La Porte.

While we're on the topic, does anyone know if La Porte ever had a newspaper? My high school's (Aldine) first football game was against La Porte in October 1936. I have the Post's story on it, but it was only a two paragraph story and as Aldine was predictably shut out in its first ever appearance, nothing is said about my team. It's all about La Porte.

Yes, La Porte had a newspaper at one time. It was called The Bayshore Sun, and it was discontinued in 2010.

My guess would be Pasadena Public but I'd call - the catalog record I saw has a note that reads "began in 1990?"

Also, it looks like Herzstein Library at the San Jacinto Museum of History has one issue - the April 21, 1961 San Jacinto Souvenir Edition.

I was curious and tried calling but no answer. Maybe it could just be a record keeping issue - here is the record I saw - microfilm but "holding information" is blank:

Title Pasadena citizen

ISBN / ISSN 1050-3773

Uniform Title Pasadena citizen (Pasadena, Tex. : 1990)

Publication Information Pasadena, Tex. : PCL Pub. Co.,

Physical Description v.

General Note Description based on: Vol. 43, no. 86 (Tuesday, Mar. 27, 1990).

Library Pasadena Public Library - Fairmont Branch/Pasadena Public Library - Main Library

Audience

Genre

Home Location Magazines

Item Type Microfilm

Call Number NEWSPAPERS

Holding Information

• The title was changed to Pasadena Citizen Newspaper

Archived