Sign in to follow this  
trymahjong

Fairview and Montrose (formerly The Bowery on Montrose)

I think they may have just taken up all the concrete, and piled it up. That's my guess at least. 

• Like 1

Combing back through the renderings, it looks as though a Houston B-Cycle station is proposed near this thing. I am quite hopeful, should that come to fruition, that other developers might take note to add a station as an amenity for apartments.

• Like 4

Fortunately, Lola's is still there to act as a counterbalance.

Edit:  For those unfamiliar, it's the purple building in the background.  It has a wonderfully manky pissoir.

Edited by mollusk
  • Like 2

Fortunately, Lola's is still there to act as a counterbalance.

Edit: For those unfamiliar, it's the purple building in the background. It has a wonderfully manky pissoir.

Lola's scares me now since my last visit lol

3 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

The  Bowery on Montrose:

2409-Montrose-Rendering_-01.jpg&w=1200&h

God I can't wait until Houston matures with structures like this on every block... Along major thoroughfares of course. Handsome building.

• Like 2

^^^ solid design and happy to have it.  however, didn't some developers recently have to shelve their montrose district projects due to the doom and gloom of the houston economy?  how does THE BOWERY plan to rise above all of the rest?  inquiring minds.....

I thought this one was supposed to have retail at the bottom, although I'm probably getting this confused with a different project. All I see is the garage coverings at the bottom, but still looks very nice

9 hours ago, Ctaf said:

I thought this one was supposed to have retail at the bottom, although I'm probably getting this confused with a different project. All I see is the garage coverings at the bottom, but still looks very nice

Maybe a Chinese restaurant ??  LOL

i wonder if that ****** apartment adjacent to it on montrose will be the next thing to go? *note that i deleted the word cruddy to not offend anyone ;)

5 hours ago, gene said:

i wonder if that ****** apartment adjacent to it on montrose will be the next thing to go? *note that i deleted the word cruddy to not offend anyone ;)

I believe those are condos

• Like 1

12 hours ago, htownboy said:

Does that phenonemon really happen? Do large developments really spur smaller ones?

is that a serious question?

On 11/6/2016 at 4:27 PM, Foundation said:

New sign seen today points to City Place Living . Com 

Website directs you to their Midtown apartment building. The sign on site also says "now leasing". I'd say they're trying fill that one up before starting work on The Bowery on Montrose.

I find it odd that they would call a place "Bowery" given its historic connotation of a slum and red light district (post Civil war) in NYC.  Yes, I know it has been gentrifying for a decade or so, but I am still surprised that folks would name a new building "Bowery".

Edited by UtterlyUrban

Well----

Maybe the person charged with naming the apartment had experience with  the crappy sidewalks. . . . iffy street lighting. . . . low water pressure.....unreliable new sewage pipes that seem to spring leaks......and high BMV within Avondale...............?:blink: