Real Estate Riddles

Marcus Allen

Ok, HAIFers, so I am really pinpointing my location, BUT, here it is. I live in an area in Bear Creek called The Colonies. For safety reasons, I will just say, in my neighborhood, the tenth house in my "hood" has gone up for sale this month, and according to my friend ( who is the prez of the home association) three more go on the market next week. I don't see a significant decline by any means in my neighborhood. SO, why the flight from this place?! Thoughts? We were established in the early 80s and I secured the house in 1988, even though I have just returned to Houston two years ago.

The bigger question is not so much how many houses are going on the market, but how long do they stay there, and what is the sales price trend.  

My ITL neighborhood is experiencing a lot of turnover, but much of it is profit taking.  Since the more prosperous new neighbors tend to be far less neighborly, far more entitled, and down right whiny about things that don't seem to fit their world view that master planned suburbs are the utopian ideal, I've considered doing so as well.

The bigger question is not so much how many houses are going on the market, but how long do they stay there, and what is the sales price trend.  

My ITL neighborhood is experiencing a lot of turnover, but much of it is profit taking.  Since the more prosperous new neighbors tend to be far less neighborly, far more entitled, and down right whiny about things that don't seem to fit their world view that master planned suburbs are the utopian ideal, I've considered doing so as well.

Agree.  Summertime is also a prime time for people to move, since the kids are out of school.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/12/2014 at 7:10 PM, Marcus Allen said:

my friend ( who is the prez of the homeowners association)

SO, why the flight from this place?! Thoughts?

My thought is, you answered your own question and don't even know it.

Some people don't like HOA's. Some people don't know anything about them until they move into that kind of community, then later come to that realization.

When they do....they sell and move.

Archived