• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 9:14 AM, gene said:

I hope these residents love them some Beck's Prime because from the Kirby view it looks to be part of the development haha!

How in the world can Beck's Prime sell enough burgers and prime rib to cover the increasing cost of that land?  I have to imagine they are sitting and waiting it out until the price is right (ala Bed Bath and Beyond next door).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Stopped by and noticed they were open.  I asked to see a 1 bedroom apartment.  I got a tour of the building.  Very nice project!

70O881T.jpg

WemLO4L.jpg

ciQfstb.jpg

Z9MJiVk.jpg

JpkmuRu.jpg

GGkslni.jpg

oZrITWV.jpg

MbNysst.jpg

0yDLCIC.jpg

G9UzTcP.jpg

YiCbVGg.jpg

ZsJR2YG.jpg

When are you going to move in and do you need a room mate?😁🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 1/21/2020 at 3:14 PM, mls1202 said:

How in the world can Beck's Prime sell enough burgers and prime rib to cover the increasing cost of that land?  I have to imagine they are sitting and waiting it out until the price is right (ala Bed Bath and Beyond next door).

On 1/21/2020 at 3:28 PM, LBC2HTX said:

To be fair, JP Morgan Chase owns the corner portion of the intersection so BB&B property would be analogous to Novel River Oaks and Cadence bank on Westheimer/Willowick. The intersection will really take off once HEB is complete.

The Beck's Prime lot is a little over a quarter acre and has been appraised at $1.19 million from 2016 - 2019 on HCAD. 

Taxes in 2019 were $30,500, which isn't that bad. The property has been owned, as far as I can tell, by the same family since at least 1963, so they may be happy with the rent they get, and don't need the cash from selling or redeveloping. Beck's Prime built there in 1985, their first location. No clue what was there before then.

Edited by Ross
Additional info.
  • Like 3

Is this a 38 or 39 stories? I saw 13 missing. I know about the superstition surrounding the number 13. Is this common in many buildings. I guess  I never paid attention.

Nevermind. Just saw the "PH". Can't imagine that refers to hydrogen cation concentration, so it must be "Penthouse".  

Edited by Twinsanity02
Error
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Hanover River Oaks: 39-Stories

I'm going to be back in town next week and am thinking of taking photos around the area as I've done in the past. Does anyone know if this vantage point is still a good one or is there work underway in the foreground now? It's from the Bed Bath & Beyond at W. Alabama and Kirby Drive. The shot is from December.

Kj4HeMj.jpg 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 9:21 AM, hindesky said:

Any word about the fate of Becks Prime on the northeast corner?

On 11/29/2018 at 11:34 AM, Luminare said:

can we please replace that becks prime rib? Its just so out of place with this building going up.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:14 PM, mls1202 said:

How in the world can Beck's Prime sell enough burgers and prime rib to cover the increasing cost of that land?  I have to imagine they are sitting and waiting it out until the price is

right (ala Bed Bath and Beyond next door).

Becks Prime extends lease in Upper Kirby

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/08/07/kenny-ziggys-whiskey-cake-woodlands-becks-prime.html?iana=hpmvp_hstn_news_headline

Becks Prime, a longtime fast-casual restaurant, has extended its lease at 2902 Kirby Drive for several more decades, according to a press release.

The Houston Chronicle reports the 1,800-square-foot restaurant extended its lease for 40 more years.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Given the potential to develop that land, Beck's Prime must be a front for the Navarro cartel as a money laundering operation...

Either that or I'm watching too much Ozarks on Netflix.

But wow, that 40 year lease must have been astronomical to offset the potential value increase.

Edited by mls1202
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Fortune said:

Does this mean that huge lot that is currently occupied by  Wells Fargo across the street will become available for re-development?!?!

Nah, it is $300K to renovate the interior.  If anything, this looks to cement it's place in the neighborhood for the next few years :( 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2