• 1 month later...

"Location: Upper Kirby at Kirby near Steele Street

Developer: Houston-based Hanover Co.

Original plan: In August, the developer said it was planning a tower potentially rising more than 30 stories and with more than 300 apartments. It was under contract on 1.65-acre site and was scheduled to close in early 2015. Construction would then begin in the summer.

Status: The closing date for the land has been pushed back due to "economic uncertainty in Houston," Hanover's David Ott said."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Cracks-forming-in-commercial-real-estate-market-6037038.php#/0

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was told by the Dickeys they are removing the trees to preserved somewhere else and tearing down the apartments.  Then Hanover will proceed to build the 39 story high rise.  They have financing and a another high rise is going up!  

I really love this proposed design... a play on geometric boxes, stacked. I think it will look great!

If this gets built, i will count ourselves lucky.

• Like 1

Yes. Unfortunately, this is just the owner demolishing the existing apartments to more easily market the land to a buyer. Hanover does not own the land, and backed off the purchase late last year. I spoke w/ our land team today, and they said the site still hasn't sold Hanover may be renegotiating terms with the seller, but as of now, this land is stil on the market. 

I haven't read the posts leading up to this, so forgive me if I'm stating old news.

Hope the transaction closes soon.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...