:rolleyes: Hi, I've noticed that Willowbrook Mall recently tore down what used to be Lord & Taylor. There's a sign that reads "FUTURE COURT." Does anyone know what Future Court is or will be? Please reply..... :rolleyes:

Future "food" court, I went ahead an sent a request to merge topics with your other posting too. :wacko:

I don't mind re-development of existing properties for something better.

Agreed, but im sure you know it isnt just redevelopment, its expansion. The traffic here is already a freakin nightmare and Xmas time, its even worst. I literally dread leaving my home and getting on FM 1960 and surrounding main streets. Absolutely insane!

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed some new tenants at the mall today like Luck Brand, and Pumpkin Patch? There's also a medspa in there now...

Agreed, but im sure you know it isnt just redevelopment, its expansion. The traffic here is already a freakin nightmare and Xmas time, its even worst. I literally dread leaving my home and getting on FM 1960 and surrounding main streets. Absolutely insane!

Willowbrook is one of the top-performing malls in the Houston area, having enjoyed a virtual mall-opoly over a huge swath of NW Harris County (a market of around 1 million residents). They are about to face some competition and appear to be upgrading their offerings.

Glad to hear Willowbrook is upgrading... About time!!! People tend to refer to Willowbrook as the "Next Greenspoint". I don't believe it's going to happen. The area is way too developed with nice things. I think Willowbrook deserves the high end retailers. :rolleyes: It would take a lot (too much) for the mall to have an overturn. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Willowbrook is one of the top-performing malls in the Houston area, having enjoyed a virtual mall-opoly over a huge swath of NW Harris County (a market of around 1 million residents). They are about to face some competition and appear to be upgrading their offerings.

• 2 months later...

Looks like Willowbrook is going through some major changes. A lot of the stores are remodeling. I noticed that they even took out some of the seating areas with the palm trees. I wonder what they are up to. Pretty cool... Still nothing on the old Lord & Taylor site. They just bulldozed the whole thing and left it there.

• 3 weeks later...

Where would/is Maggiano's going to go? IN the mall? I don't know about that. I love Magianno's but that seems like it would take away from some of the ambiance. Maybe they could pick up one of the other restaurants that have been closed for some time. Maybe like the old Champps building. I would think they would have come down a little in price beng they closed because of retail real estate values (rumor has it) and it hasn't had a tennant since. That would be a great spot for them. Or maybe new contruction a little further north by that new neighborhood/high end retail area thats going up off Louetta near HP.

Edited by pookrat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
New stores:

*Swarovski <_<

*Build a Bear :closedeyes:

*Vans -_-

*Hollister :closedeyes:

Willowbrook is always a couple of years behind The Woodlands Mall in terms of which stores they get. What next, an Apple store? I heard through the grapevine that Willowbrook is supposed to be getting a Neiman Marcus but that seems like a weird place to put one. One thing that has always surprised me about The Woodlands is that it's probably the only "affluent" mall I can think of that doesn't have a Starbucks (not counting the cafe in Barnes & Noble that serves Starbucks).

I had the same question....

There is a sign near the old Circuit City building that says "new Willowbrook shopping center coming soon". Are they going to tear down that entire center with the Laff Spot, Shannons Street Waves, and Baker Street Pub?

• 4 weeks later...
What's all this construction going on at Willowbrook Mall about? I noticed they are getting "Amuse." What's that? just curious.....

Amuse is an accessory store. Like Claire's or Icing.

Looks like Willowbrook is going through some major changes. A lot of the stores are remodeling. I noticed that they even took out some of the seating areas with the palm trees. I wonder what they are up to. Pretty cool... Still nothing on the old Lord & Taylor site. They just bulldozed the whole thing and left it there.

The seating areas were removed to clear space for merchandise carts. During holiday shopping, those things are just in the way. The former Joske's/Dillards/Lord & Taylor site is known as Future Court. It's believed to be the new home of a second food court, arcade and entrance.

New stores:

*Swarovski <_<

*Build a Bear :closedeyes:

*Vans -_-

*Hollister :closedeyes:

Hollister is now open. Add Love Culture and Torrid to the list of stores coming soon. Disney Store should be open in the fall.

There is a sign near the old Circuit City building that says "new Willowbrook shopping center coming soon". Are they going to tear down that entire center with the Laff Spot, Shannons Street Waves, and Baker Street Pub?

More of a renovation project than anything. Baker Street Pub won't be included since their in a newer, different strip altogether.

• 2 months later...

I've always thought they have way too much parking and not enough stores. The parking lot off 1960 is huge and the stores don't start for like 1/4 mile from the road. They certainly have room to expand.

I dont know if anyone saw it, but there was yet another news report on Channel 13 the other day about HPD stepping up its police presence along 1960 between 249 and I-45. The crime is getting pretty bad there. They really need to do something

My wife no longer goes to Willowbrook mall because she doesn't feel safe. On two occasions she has had shady characters trailing her in the parking lot until she brought out her mace and turned to face them.

Since we have a new baby, my wife actually drives to the Galleria to go to the mall!!!!!

I dont know if anyone saw it, but there was yet another news report on Channel 13 the other day about HPD stepping up its police presence along 1960 between 249 and I-45. The crime is getting pretty bad there. They really need to do something

Everything would be solved if they just stopped the METRO bus service on 1960! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I have thought about a Mall in Cypress, but I don't think I want one...just look what happens to them over time. The only nice malls I know of are the Galleria (tourist destination...still has some bad elements) and the Woodlands Mall which is also the newest. Also, most malls that are still considered "nice" have undergone major renovations and redevelopments recently...where is this for Willowbrook??? They need to do some serious work on Willowbrook to make it lighter and less clostrophobic feeling. It seems people want to be outdoors again, so that is probably what we will get in Cypress..and I am fine with that.