Stupid Things Politicians Say

august948

Thought I'd start a thread for political "say what?" moments...

And our first contestant is...Sheila Jackson Lee...

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, had an "oops" moment on the House floor, as seen in C-Span video.

The Houston representative declared the U.S. Constitution was some 400 years old.

Unfortunately, that's incorrect.

The Constitution was created in 1787 and ratified nearly a year later. Four hundred years ago, Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in North America, was founded.

"Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years, operating under a Constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not," Lee said.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Sheila-Jackson-Lee-says-Constitution-is-400-years-5312121.php

If you want to see some doozy stupid politican quotes, just Google Louie Gohmert.

Post 'em.

Ask and ye shall receive.  From the Houston Press...

It's amusing that the second autofill suggestion that came up when Googling "Louie Gohmert" was "Louie Gohmert idiot."

My personal fave is terror babies.

• 2 weeks later...

True, we don't have to go behind the Pine Curtain to get to the crazy when we have Stockman,  wanting to arm babies to prevent abortion.

This guy realy baffles me, or should I say, that this guy can get elected by Texas voters (more than once) baffles me.

Here is a guy that was jobless in Michigan in the 1980's, so he comes to Texas with all of the other "tent city" folks. Ya'll remember that time everybody? 

He sleeps under a bridge for awhile without a job or a home, somehow winds up in Freindswood. He joins a church and shares his testimonial with others that like his "down and out" story. He gets chummy with the GOP and low an behold, takes on Goliath and after several tries defeats one of the most powerful men in Congress. How in the world the people of Texas allowed this to happen is beyond me. I look around even today at my neighbors, wondering if they may have been one of those voters and shake my head at how clueless and fickle people can be.

In an effort to keep this bi-partisan and at least somewhat objective in showing that one party does not have any kind of market cornered on this, don't forget the fool who was quite concerned about Guam tipping over were any more U.S. troops placed on it:

Ha!  That reminds me of Cynthia McKinney, who among other things claimed the DOD shot 5000 prisoners during Katrina...

“”In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, I had a woman, I’ve never really said this in public, out loud, in front of a lot of cameras, and there’s a lot of cameras in this room now. I had a mother to call me because her son had a very gruesome task. Her son’s charge by the Department of Defense was to process 5000 bodies that had received a single bullet wound to the head — and these were mostly males. And her son was afraid to talk because he signed a silence agreement. So, he only complained to his mother. But, the date about these individuals was entered into a Pentagon computer and then reportedly, the bodies were dumped in a swamp in Louisiana. This is as a result of the tragedy of hurricane Katrina.

Now I have no…no…I have verification from insiders who wish to remain anonymous, at the Red Cross, that this is true. I suspect that these were prisoners. And so, you know, this investigation of the whole prison industrial complex is extremely important. And it should not end with just a question of the nature of prisons in our country, but these five thousand souls also need some justice too.” — Cynthia McKinney

http://www.rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/cynthia-mckinney-government-murdered-5000-people-during-katrina-and-dumped-them-in-a-swamp/

And just in case you don't trust that source, here she saying it in person on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVIhyWsa10

Archived