SoDo On Main: Multifamily At 1625 Main St.

lockmat

Oh ok.

I know that the first one doesn't go all the way from leeland to Pease, but SH3 seem to go all the way from Pease to Jefferson. It might be the perspective just making it seem to be that wide

It's perspective.. The layouts appear to be mirrored, so that little surface parking lot on the south side of the first tower should be on the northern portion of the block for this tower..

• Like 1

It's perspective.. The layouts appear to be mirrored, so that little surface parking lot on the south side of the first tower should be on the northern portion of the block for this tower..

that's what I thought. Don't think these towers change very much.

I am excited that it will be going up sooner than later though.

Another surface lot bites the dust and more residential is coming to downtown.

• Like 1

Pretty much "ctrl+C ctrl+V"

They couldn't at least use the 3rd design? Lame

Honestly I'm glad they used the same design. It would of looked odd with different roof designs but everything else the same. Might of been interesting if they used the green facade though on this one so there was a slight variation.

Hopefully we eventually get the third design somewhere.. I dig it.

• Like 2

Blocks 318, 317, 335, and 387 have all gotta be the next to go.

They are going to be crucial to forming a solid residential district in southern downtown. The groundwork is already in place with Houston House, Alliance, and the Skyhouse twins.

All the block numbers I listed are the last remaining entire surface parking lot blocks left fronting Main st after Skyhouse Main is built.

What do you guys envision as being the best use for these blocks directly on the rail line in the residential district?

More solid apartment/condo highrises?

Greenspace?

Some kind of shopping, grocery, entertainment?

They are going to be crucial to forming a solid residential district in southern downtown. The groundwork is already in place with Houston House, Alliance, and the Skyhouse twins.

All the block numbers I listed are the last remaining entire surface parking lot blocks left fronting Main st after Skyhouse Main is built.

What do you guys envision as being the best use for these blocks directly on the rail line in the residential district?

Greenspace?

AllAbove.jpg

the smart choice!

• Like 1

Was it not a sarcastic joke in reference to the rumor lockmat heard? Obviously they don't take 10 years to build..

I wouldn't say all this.

Isn't it in Houston's past to announce projects that take forever to get built, then either scaled back or not built at all? :lol:

BTW. I'm glad things are so obvious to you. OK, i'm cool with being the dumb guy who comes on this forum for entertainment & leisure, not as a professional. :)

Greenspace?

My bad best guesses are:

1.) 4 storey parking buildings

2.) Yet another CVS

3.) chevron gas station and quikie mart

4.) $trip center with nailshop, sallys an optometrists and a video store

5.) Car dealership with bridges over the streets to connect all the lots.

6.) Or best of all just leave them as surface parking.

^They're identical.  That's how the operate.

Personally, while this is good for Downtown (at least the onslaught of residential construction) I'd have rather seen this little fella over by the Mosaic or something near Hermann Park.  Spread the love.  And I really wish the developers had more money to spend at least an additional $10,000 on design and build some buildings that have some slight differences - like more or less floors, slightly different footprint etc.