Houston Missing From List of Top Space Museums

TripAdvisor is not a scientific ranking.

Space Center Houston is very popular, and though it has been some years since I've last been - far more of a Musuem than the Davis Mts Observatory.

I put very little weight in things rated by: Mens Health, TripAdvisor, Yahoo! among many others.  Now, if this was rated by the American Alliance of Museums or some similar - creadible industry related organization - then I would say maybe its not very well regarded (Space Center Houston that is).

TripAdvisor is not a scientific ranking.

Space Center Houston is very popular, and though it has been some years since I've last been - far more of a Musuem than the Davis Mts Observatory.

I put very little weight in things rated by: Mens Health, TripAdvisor, Yahoo! among many others.  Now, if this was rated by the American Alliance of Museums or some similar - creadible industry related organization - then I would say maybe its not very well regarded (Space Center Houston that is).

I believe it was based off trip advisor user ratings. I could be wrong but I would think the sample size is pretty substantial. At the least, it means it's not very popular or well thought of - at least not top 10.

I blame Chuck Schumer for this! lol I kid....ok maybe not, but back on topic. When they get that giant boeing and fake shuttle exhibit put outside I'm sure that will be a nice addition to help draw visitors! I mean it's going to be a full blown exhibit and not just pieces of lawn furniture.

As a survey resource whose participants are largely self selected and unvetted as to experience or expertise, I think I'd be more willing to look at Trip Advisor to get an idea about what the conditions are like at a given lodging than as a first stop in a selection process for much of anything.  As with Amazon reviews, anything can happen.  

That said, I don't particularly think of Space Center Houston in its current incarnation as a museum but more as a generic "attraction."  It's also a bit off the path for a Houston visit unless you set out to go there.  Either or both could well change with the improvements under way.

Archived