White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.

Triton

I don't think so but Pegstar does say the weather has been a hindrance on the construction schedule. It's possible the tower portion may be up and running in a few days before the rest of the bar is complete.

The tower is small though. They would have to open them together for it to even make sense. They are working non-stop on this thing and even with all the workers they have, there's still so much to the basic structure that they need to finish.

Same here! Can't wait to walk to this development.  :lol: Only a block away from me.

• Like 3

They have done an incredible amount of work around the entire site in the past 2 days alone. The exterior of the metal shed looks almost finished, when it was barely touched Monday morning. Looks like they are working around the clock to meet their deadline. Still no way this will be done next week though.

• Like 2

From Houston Chronicle about The Raven Tower at 310 North St

La Macro, a taco truck known for its delicious foodie-approved trompo, will be on site slinging traditional tacos for drinkers and music listeners until a permanent food concept takes residence at Raven Tower later in the year.

The taco enterprise is native to the Near Northside area and lost their brick-and-mortar location because of nearby light rail installation.

I love La Macro, and was sorry when they closed up shop on N. Main. Their trompo tacos have few peers (although the article's use of the execrable adjective "foodie-approved" still induced major eyeroll). And I've been hoping they'd manage to get another storefront up and running. But attributing their closure to the light rail smacks of revisionism. They didn't close until well after the light rail was up and running. I think it's more likely that the expansion of their restaurant space (to more than double, and probably closer to triple the original square footage) turned out to be premature and based on wishful thinking, and the rent increase that the expansion entailed wasn't supportable by the amount of business they were doing at the time. 

Quick update from my daily commute:

They've now painted the shed/bar below the Raven Tower white and have cut out more oval shaped windows into its sides. They're continuing to work throughout the night to get it all finished. They've finished a lot of the landscaping. Still amazing if they have this finished in 5 days.

• Like 2

With work this major, don't they still have to get a sign-off from a city inspector before opening, or no?

They do but that's no problem. I've had multiple inspections scheduled on the same day and done within 18 hours of my initial request. Helps even more so if they already know you down at the permitting office.

Edited by IamHouston

my buddy and i were shooting saturday and i brought this place up to him and he was like, oh yeah remember i told you i just moved to sort of the heights area? well i actually rented the place across the street!!! i told him to go work there as that place really is going to be awesome (although i am not sure how i feel about the different shaped arches as well haha!) (and yes he does have private parking so he wont have to worry about that thank goodness)

i may go check out the tower tomorrow after work! 

Walked by again. I'm baffled that they really plan to open this tomorrow. There's so much construction heavy equipment around and looks like most people setting up the inside are going to have a very long night. Even though Im not a big fan of the Skylane apartments next door to this, still feel pretty sorry for them cause they'll hear this all night.

• Like 3

I went last night as well. The front side was the music hall and had a good band performing. The back side has a sizable bar that is fairly segregated from the front to where you can get away from the loud music if you want, along with a big patio and yard with tables and games, and another smaller stage. The backside overlooks the bayou. The tower is sort of in between the two major areas. Cool place.

• Like 4

From tonight's event... warning, absolutely terrible night time photos!

The Raven Tower opens:

24197633140_b6bc51e333_h.jpg

White Oak Music Hall by Marc longoria, on Flickr

View from the top of the Raven Tower... a lot more scenic than I imagined.

24197620740_c73ecdbce2_h.jpg

View of La Macro and The Burger Joint food trucks:

23864994814_8174ed4399_h.jpg

The affect on the surrounding neighborhood was pretty bad. HPD put a few tickets on some cars for violating distance from stop signs and fire hydrants. Most of the Glen Park neighborhood will probably file for parking permit signs.

24125432899_d358ba96d8_h.jpg

Overlooking the patio which overlooks the bayou:

24384896572_26546fd492_h.jpg

Looking towards the band:

23865000224_3e66229ea7_h.jpg

24410895341_d638689ba6_h.jpg

The ice house facing towards downtown:

24125438819_96e44c9c82_h.jpg

A high-res picture of downtown from this vantage point would be awesome! Both at night and day

• Like 1