White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.

Triton

I saw that yesterday and remembered you mentioned the Holiday Inn Express coming in there. I haven't found anything regarding a new hotel coming in or plat information for that area with the city. Should be good news for the area though. Did you notice that 2223 N. Main is coming along nicely and also that the building directly adjacent to it on the left is also being gutted. Do you have any idea what the building on the left is going to be? I saw the city posted the yellow permitting papers with project numbers on the window recently. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

remodeling a few things around the venue and knocking down some homes for parking.

They have already torn down the homes for parking and they are remodeling things such as the tower and the old warehouse garage next door.

I was there just a week ago and didn't see anything, is that recent?

Edit; just to be ear, I gathered that the article was referring to the OG Fitz spot, not the new Pegistar location.

Oh you're talking about the old location? Yea nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

This does seem like a great project, but I will really hate to see the old Fitz's Houston'ed for townhomes or a strip mall or something.

Sorry to burst your bubble of negativity, but it has been reported in the ​Houston Business Journal and Houston Chronicle that "Popular Height's music venue Fitzgerald's will undergo renovations that will improve some of the technical and logistical features of the nearly 100-year-old building.  The venue, located at 2706 White Oak Drive, will be completely gutted and renovated once the current tenant leaves.

• Like 4

^Interesting development. The light rail line just isn't quite close enough to the venue to accomodate the light rail crowd. I bet they'll try to get the path to loop past the venue and go to the rail station to give rail riders an easy path - more about that accessibility than the bayou network.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thing is going up fast. And it turns out this thing is already expanding before it's even finished. 

They have purchased the "candy factory" to the top right of this picture:

n-main-venue-site.jpg

Plan is to turn it into a brewery/bar.

22064484340_cfde2bc777_h.jpg

White Oak Music Hall by Marc longoria, on Flickr

22226442566_41a0afcc2e_h.jpg

22262998501_63118db048_h.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Oh also, they are building a Holiday Inn Express somewhat next to this on N Main. (At the former Casa Grande location). I guess for bands more on a budget to use? Not a bad idea... especially for out of towners.

Hotel confirmed. Signs all around the site for a plat variance.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

http://archpaper.com/news/articles.asp?id=8337#.Vk35gXarTbg

Shuttle service? Interesting. Makes absolute sense though. Wouldn't be surprised to see it taken a step further. Offer parking at UHD lots beneath the elevated Burnett station, and hop on the train one stop to get up to the venue. Because lets be real, very few will actually walk to this place. 

• Like 5