White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.

Triton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow so awesome! thanks for the pics! i am deeply immersed in the live music scene and this place blows me away! i really hope it delivers as the pics and article suggest!!! my best friend of 19 years is the lead singer of a touring rock band and really hope to see them play here one day! (shameless plug: check out www.blueoctober.com !) :) 

Edited by gene

wow so awesome! thanks for the pics! i am deeply immersed in the live music scene and this place blows me away! i really hope it delivers as the pics and article suggest!!! my best friend of 19 years is the lead singer of a touring rock band and really hope to see them play here one day! (shameless plug: check out www.blueoctober.com !) :)

Are they from the Klein area?

• Like 1

Are they from the Klein area?

well...Justin (singer) and  his brother Jeremy (drummer) are from the Heights area but now all of the members live in San Marcos/Austin/Round Rock area! (Justin attended HSPVA (as did Ryan the violinist) while Jeremy attended Waltrip)

Edited by gene

Redesign is a bit of an understatement lol. They actually bumped up the scale though. Its actually way better than the previous design. The last one was a little too modest. This design says screw that lets get a little bigger! This building is going to be a huge step up for this much blighted part of town and hopefully will jump start some more development. It will certainly give this area of town a nice destination and make the light rail line stop thats only a few blocks a way a little more worth it.

• Like 1

They better hurry and build out the venue before the NIMBY's start complaining about the noise at their new homes.

Well, the discussion with the developers has been going on for nearly a year now with the local community. It doesn't take newer homes for people to be upset. In fact, the Houston Chron article that came out last week actually pissed off a lot of people because the numbers don't match what the developers told the Superneighborhood committee by a long shot. All the numbers I've released to this thread have been straight from the developers. Plus, if you have a thriving nearly 100 year old community (yes, thriving) just to the north of this property and you add a massive outdoor music venue, I think you can imagine people will be very concerned about it.... It is certainly welcome news to get a major project that will spruce up the area and I absolutely plan on going to this concert hall (especially when they open the coffee shop), but I don't think it's that unreasonable to get some complaints....

Oh also, they are building a Holiday Inn Express somewhat next to this on N Main. (At the former Casa Grande location). I guess for bands more on a budget to use? Not a bad idea... especially for out of towners.

• Like 2

Those last three trees are now gone. This is east of the Rooster Tower aka Raven Tower (aka "watch tower").

See this old 2005 thread on it, with pics of when it still had the rooster up there.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/13104-raven-tower-metal-highrise-with-weather-vane/

I wish the developers would commission a new "folk art"-ish sculptural piece for up there, there's plenty of local talented sculptors, some even live in the neighborhood. Not gonna happen of course.

So what's going to go in this area where they 86'd those trees?

• Like 2