• Somewhere near The Woodlands
    • Someplace LIKE The Woodlands
    • Hawaii
    • Tahiti
    • Other

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked Tahiti, but I really meant Tahitian Village in Bastrop in a house overlooking Pine Forest Golf course and the miles beyond. Where my place is now is on Cedar Creek south of 304 and pretty much isolated. But I wouldn

You mean there are places inside the loop, other than River Oaks, where people actually want to live? ;)B):D

(I was actually going to add a category for "anywhere outside the loop", but I thought that too crude. I should have added "anywhere in the suburbs" perhaps. Beware the slashing pen of the suburbanite when he has his revenge! How much mightier it is than the sword! En garde!) :D

Ha ha...

I could name more than a few people here who wouldn't wan't to live in The Woodlands, Clear Lake, Kingwood, Spring, Somewhere near The Woodlands, or Someplace LIKE The Woodlands.

Plus there are plenty of people who are just fine where they are now. If I had to choose one of those places I wold choose RO, but if I had that kind of money I would get a nice place in Downtown, Midtown, the Museum District, or other places in the vicinity.

500 posts :D

EDIT: I just saw your edit.

Ginza-004-800x600.jpg

Tokyo. I'm trying really really hard to pay off my bills so I can move there.

Paris is not a bad choice, either, nmain guy. I looked into buying some property or maybe a fixer-upper cottage in a couple of small towns outside Paris and the prices are pretty reasonable. Even better, there are a dozen or more real estate and banking companies in England who specialize in just that sort of international transaction and will walk you through the process.

Right now the goal is to pay crap off and move to Tokyo. Live there for a few years then retire in a small village in either France or England. Here's hoping!

Ha ha...

I could name more than a few people here who wouldn't wan't to live in The Woodlands, Clear Lake,  Kingwood, Spring, Somewhere near The Woodlands, or Someplace LIKE The Woodlands.

Plus there are plenty of people who are just fine where they are now.  If I had to choose one of those places I wold choose RO, but if I had that kind of money I would get a nice place in Downtown, Midtown, the Museum District, or other places in the vicinity.

Based on what I've read, it looks like well over 50% of the people on this board hate the suburbs with a passion, and don't ever go any farther north than The Heights. They'd probably rather die than live in The Woodlands. Which is why this poll was probably so aggravating for them! B):)

Just remember, when the bomb drops on downtown...the blast radius could be about 15 or 20 miles or so. Spring, Texas would be prime real estate right about then! :)

Just remember, when the bomb drops on downtown...the blast radius could be about 15 or 20 miles or so.  Spring, Texas would be prime real estate right about then!  :)

How would it be prime real estate if the main 1256.64 sq. miles of Houston is destroyed. Also as a bomb that large must be nuclear the radiation could easily get to spring. Not to mention contaminate ground water making the whole metro unlivable. That means you to.

Based on what I've read, it looks like well over 50% of the people on this board hate the suburbs with a passion, and don't ever go any farther north than The Heights.  They'd probably rather die than live in The Woodlands.  Which is why this poll was probably so aggravating for them!  B)  :)

Just remember, when the bomb drops on downtown...the blast radius could be about 15 or 20 miles or so.  Spring, Texas would be prime real estate right about then!  :)

Except that the prevailing winds are from Southeast to Northwest. Oops, hold your breath, here comes the radiation cloud!

How would it be prime real estate if the main 1256.64 sq. miles of Houston is destroyed.  Also as a bomb that large must be nuclear the radiation could easily get to spring.  Not to mention contaminate ground water making the whole metro unlivable.  That means you to.

Well, we certainly have a few minor details to sort out (like radiation poisoning), but at least we all agree that the nasty eyesore called the inner loop would be neatly cleared out of the way, making room for upward growth.

I base my plan on the original Superman movie (circa 1980 or so). Lex Luther wanted to set off a nuclear bomb on the San Andreas fault and cause all of California to fall off into the ocean, making all the desert land in Nevada (which he had been buying up) prime beachfront real estate. Same thing with Houston. With that pesky inner loop out of the way, Spring would become the new downtown. GOD, it feels good to dream like that.

but don't forget - without the inner loop "cesspool," there would be no outlying suburban paradises  :rolleyes:

Exactly what I was saying. With around 4 of our 5 million peeople dead, why would anyone want to live in spring. Also judging by your last post, you wan't spring to grow so would it not become the inner loop cesspool you hate so much. Also do you know anyone who would want to move to the suburbs of a metro that was mostly destroyed.

Memorial area/Piney point. The schools are great. But because of mold/health issues, we can't stomach the the 1.5 million minimum to get into a new house. Old homes are a health hazard to my family.

We had to move to the Woodlands to afford a good school and a new home. the community is lacking the charm,access and CULTURE of Memorial.

Archived