The Architecture of Happiness

Luminare

The Architecture of Happiness
Alain De Botton
2008 - Vintage International
On the Book itself: $18.00

Amazon: 10.44 with prime service

some as low as $10

First of all, I'm incredibly shocked that my post is the first book post in 3 years!

Anyway, the book.

The Architecture of Happiness is a 267 page journey through incredible storytelling and probably the single best description of architecture I have ever read and I don't believe I will ever find a single book to replace it. Botton is not only clever, but utilizes a fantastic array of vocabulary as he dissects both the profession and architecture for arts sake. He touches many themes throughout, but it never gets bogged down in nomenclature which would terribly confuse or put off someone not in the profession. Its a book anyone can engage with because its written for everyone and as you read you will find that ultimately its people that are at the heart of architecture. It was an incredible read and if I ever have to recommend a book to anyone, who wants to learn about or simply peek into the world of architecture, this book is what I will recommend first!

I implore everyone on this forum to read this finely written little book.

In fact I even have a extra copy, thanks to a little mix up by amazon xD. If anyone wants it. Just private message me.

If I had to give some sort of arbitrary rating then I would give it a "drop whatever you are doing and read this now" rating lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived