Kings Creek: Mixed-Use Development In Kingwood

TowerSpotter

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling not all of that will get built, and what does will be dramatically reduced either in terms of height or grandiosity. Sure it's great to present something that would look good in Dubai for the design phase of the project, but unless this has heavy private backing I don't see them not getting a lot more realistic about their location in the coming months. Either way, it's still really cool for that part of town.

I'm a resident of Kingwood, and this does have that "delusions of grandeur" feel to it.  I like it a lot and hope it goes, but this seems like an awfully big step when they will almost literally be displacing trailer parks to build this thing. So that makes it all the more intriguing if it does go, it will be from really bad property to really good with no transition.  My high end hope is that that value increase spreads northward and makes Porter a better place, it's pretty sketchy in places back there.  

• 4 weeks later...

I just don't understand this pioneer fetish we seem to have were just have to keep building in new places.....why can't this go up in midtown, or somewhere in Houston -.- you know where there is already a potential this could fit in. Why not build this next to the Kingwood town center area on the otherside of 59?

I just don't understand this pioneer fetish we seem to have were just have to keep building in new places.....why can't this go up in midtown, or somewhere in Houston -.- you know where there is already a potential this could fit in. Why not build this next to the Kingwood town center area on the otherside of 59?

The whole Kingwood Park© development thing on the East side of 59 seems to be its own entity that would be competing against this. Why they could not join forces and have one really ambitious idea that would have a better chance at actually being a big assed development reality is anyone's guess. Most developers (of any kind) are utterly convinced of their ideas' brilliance.

The whole Kingwood Park© development thing on the East side of 59 seems to be its own entity that would be competing against this. Why they could not join forces and have one really ambitious idea that would have a better chance at actually being a big assed development reality is anyone's guess. Most developers (of any kind) are utterly convinced of their ideas' brilliance.

Sadly its not just a developer problem, but an industry problem as well :/ Architects, real estate firms, and developers are all equally guilty of this mentality.

Simple answer is where can they make the most money with the least amount of risk.  

Not sure about the risk part, but that rubber doesn't really meet the road until financing is secured.

The "join forces" in my head was more about having a pitch to the financiers that wasn't being repeated by the guy who also wants a billion dollars to do the same thing across the highway who they are talking to next week.

Sadly its not just a developer problem, but an industry problem as well :/ Architects, real estate firms, and developers are all equally guilty of this mentality.

that's like saying why don't the rockets and warriors just join forces instead of competing against each other.

that's like saying why don't the rockets and warriors just join forces instead of competing against each other.

Wait what? That makes no sense at all and doesn't apply here and you know it. Do you have any idea of what I'm trying to say?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

http://www.hkatexas.com/2015/02/updates-on-kings-creek-the-edible-forest/Updated1/25/16  – According to Council member Dave Martin the Kings Creek project on Sorters McClellan Rd near 59 will not be build because of the downturn in the economy.

New Caney ISD has purchased the property. – Source, The Tribune

http://www.hkatexas.com/2015/02/updates-on-kings-creek-the-edible-forest/

Archived