Warehouse Demolition At 2198 Polk St.

Looks like they just demolished an empty warehouse in the East End Right off of Polk and Hutchins. Anybody know whats going on? I cant imagine demolition without something planned...of course, I could be wrong.

Here is a google-link of the warehouse mentioned.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.748526,-95.356433,3a,75y,187.2h,70.76t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1shvPDDzOmXjfdtDXGHIM01Q!2e0

This far into the east end I really don't see developing for a good while. There might be some development here and there, but not like whats going on in Mid-town, downtown, or between the Galleria and downtown. It's sad too because this area really could be the meat of the city especially from a lower to middle income stance. As far as the warehouses that are there in general, there are only a few that have potential of being turned into something else that would fit into a more urbanized environment. I like what has been done to some of them close to to BBVA Compass Stadium. If Houston wants some ques on how to revive a post industrial area they should study cities like Berlin particularly on the side which the soviets once controlled.

This far into the east end I really don't see developing for a good while. There might be some development here and there, but not like whats going on in Mid-town, downtown, or between the Galleria and downtown. It's sad too because this area really could be the meat of the city especially from a lower to middle income stance. As far as the warehouses that are there in general, there are only a few that have potential of being turned into something else that would fit into a more urbanized environment. I like what has been done to some of them close to to BBVA Compass Stadium. If Houston wants some ques on how to revive a post industrial area they should study cities like Berlin particularly on the side which the soviets once controlled.

"This far into the east end..."???   It's two blocks from Hwy 59.  There is development already occurring much further into the east end than this.

• The title was changed to Warehouse Demolition
  • The title was changed to Warehouse Demolition At 2198 Polk St.

Archived