This one and Helix Tower should fill in really nicley. 

http://www.age-se.com/hermann-park-residence

HPR_SD%20RENDERINGS_CORGAN-SD_20140512r_

Houston, Texas

Hermann Park Residence has been designed to meet the City of Houston Local and Green building codes.  Herman Park Residence will include 227 residential units as well as several public amenity spaces for tenant use.  These include a 2,600 square foot Sky Lounge on the top level with views to Hermann Park and Centennial Gardens, as well as a 3,600 square foot fitness center on the ground floor that provides immediate access to the trails and golf course at Hermann Park.  The ground floor will also contain a 1,200 square foot business center/internet café as well as a 2,000 square 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this by the same developer as The Tower at Hermann Place? If so, I'm guessing they decided to move ahead with this project first instead of the tower.

If you go to the link, you can read a portion of the description but somehow it doesn't let you read on. Same architect to Helix is the same for this one. 

Ugh.. So this is the third/middle development for the TEMA site..? I can't say im overly thrilled. Nice design, but I was hoping for a trifecta of towers there with Parklane and Hermann Place.

Edit: there is still room for the tower at Hermann place to go just west of this.. Right?

Ugh.. So this is the third/middle development for the TEMA site..? I can't say im overly thrilled. Nice design, but I was hoping for a trifecta of towers there with Parklane and Hermann Place.

Edit: there is still room for the tower at Hermann place to go just west of this.. Right?

The sooner you realize not every project can be an architectural masterpiece high rise the less often you'll be disappointed. Lower your expectations man.

I actually like the look of this project... It should blend well with area and will be a nice addition to the museum district.

The sooner you realize not every project can be an architectural masterpiece high rise the less often you'll be disappointed. Lower your expectations man.

I actually like the look of this project... It should blend well with area and will be a nice addition to the museum district.

heh, i totally agree its a nice looking project. i just have a dream of Hermann Park completely surrounded by high-rises. heh.. this will be a great addition to the area though!

If you go to the link, you can read a portion of the description but somehow it doesn't let you read on.

If you view the page source you can read the rest.

The end of the last sentence is

fire pit, lounge area, and swimming pool are located.

Above average, I like it. Architecture fits with the ' hood.

Also, if they're plan is to build this before the tower, I think it's a good move. It will give the immediate area a better feel and will increase the value of the tower residences, making the new residents feel like they're moving into a more scarce and therefore more valuable area. Much better than moving into a place with an empty lot next to it.

Also, if they're plan is to build this before the tower, I think it's a good move. It will give the immediate area a better feel and will increase the value of the tower residences, making the new residents feel like they're moving into a more scarce and therefore more valuable area. Much better than moving into a place with an empty lot next to it.

interesting logic... makes sense and i feel that, but ideally (IMO) both projects would be built simultaneously so heavy construction on the tower isnt going on right next to the new residences, disturbing the residents. not sure TEMA would want that many units coming online at once though? that would be like 600 or so between this and the Tower? between all this development, and the new residential development going up north of the Mosaic twins, the northeast side of Hermann Park will soon be teeming with activity. good thing the Centennial Gardens are going in to give them a nearby place at the park to enjoy (besides just the golf course).

i almost wonder if there will be a need for retail in this area or if people are just expected to drive everywhere for those needs? i dont recall retail being in the Tower either..?

interesting logic... makes sense and i feel that, but ideally (IMO) both projects would be built simultaneously so heavy construction on the tower isnt going on right next to the new residences, disturbing the residents. not sure TEMA would want that many units coming online at once though? that would be like 600 or so between this and the Tower? between all this development, and the new residential development going up north of the Mosaic twins, the northeast side of Hermann Park will soon be teeming with activity. good thing the Centennial Gardens are going in to give them a nearby place at the park to enjoy (besides just the golf course).

i almost wonder if there will be a need for retail in this area or if people are just expected to drive everywhere for those needs? i dont recall retail being in the Tower either..?

I agree that building simultaneously would probably accomplish the same goal. I guess it's too much risk to take on at once or they just don't have the money/ability to do both at once.

Not bad at all. It actually looks like a handsome building. It would most certainly fill in the gap between the current tower and the slightly twisty tower (whenever it gets built). I think it will fit the area nicely. We need more midrises flanking parks like this.

• 5 months later...

Not bad at all. It actually looks like a handsome building. It would most certainly fill in the gap between the current tower and the slightly twisty tower (whenever it gets built). I think it will fit the area nicely. We need more midrises flanking parks like this.

I thought the twisting tower was pretty much dead?

Got a message a couple weeks ago that this was starting construction in December. As of this morning, tent is up and there is activity for what I assume will be a groundbreaking ceremony. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2014/12/75-million-luxury-apartment-project-breaks-ground.html

According to the article, the tower is still planned and a third project is also on the boards

• 2 weeks later...

This story never gets told the same way twice. BisNow's latest one-paragrapher on this project says the 42-story tower will be second:

"Tema Development broke ground on Hermann Park Residences, a $75M, seven-story luxury apartment building. This is the first of three projects Tema has planned in the Museum District—Phase 2 will be a 42-story high-rise, and Phase 3 is a mid-rise. All three will be built over the next four to six years. Hermann Park Residences will feature 224 units, which will all overlook Hermann Park (many will get balconies) or the courtyard. The property will deliver in late 2016. Morganti Texas is the construction manager, Corgan Associates is architect of record, and Greystar will manage the property."

And no mention of the fourth building.

http://swamplot.com/gazing-down-upon-the-arborial-carnage-at-tema-developments-worksite-just-north-of-hermann-park/2014-12-16/

Could someone from here possibly go over to whoever puts stuff on swamplot and give them a firm slap across the face?

Seriously what's with all the tree clickbait articles? I understand the ROW stuff, but this is on their property! UGH!

Archived