Klein Cain High School At 10201 Spring Cypress Rd.

Chris

Name for Klein High School #5  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should Klein ISD name High School #5

• Klein Pines
    • Klein Woods
    • Klein West
    • Klein Coves
    • Klein Ranch
    • Klein Lakes
    • Klein Vintage
    • Klein Cypress
    • Klein Willows
    • Klein Springs
    • Klein Farms
    • Klein Trails
    • Klein Kohrville
    • Let future Students named it
    • Klein Glen
    • Klein Klink
    • Don't Build it

The Klein ISD Board of Trustees approved the purchase of a tract of land for a high school and intermediate school at its November meeting. The 124 acres lie west of the railroad tracks on Spring Cypress Road and east of Windwood Presbyterian Church that is located at 10555 Spring Cypress Road. Funds for this property were approved by voters in the 2004 Bond referendum. The district purchased this tract of land before a new high school and intermediate school are an imminent need because only a limited number of parcels of land large enough for these schools remain within the KISD.

The newly purchased property was formerly owned by Dr. and Mrs. James Jones (78 acres) and Mr. Allen Ulrich (46 acres). The sale of the property was completed to the satisfaction of the owners and the school district.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that this is only a High School, not including an Intermediate. If it does have an Intermediate it would be great and it would solve the dilema right now with the new zones splitting Gleannloch between Doerre and Krimmel. And then some Doerre kids going to Klein, and other to Klein Oak. KISD has a littel mess going on with these zones and needs to patch it up. As it sits right now I am really not happy about hte new zoning for Frank, Hassler, and Doerre, Krimmel.

all that being said I am looking forward to the new HS, and hope those of us getting the short end of the stick on Hassler don't get it again on the new HS.

ENG-

The press release I got did state that the land was bought with the intention of building not just a high school, but an intermediate school as well, on the same lot. I don't know the time frame for building these schools, though. But, it's probably on those Community Forums for Klein ISD.

It is a pretty big chunk of land for these two schools, but what caught my attention from the aerial map was that it looks as if the access onto Spring Cypress is only a 2-lane road. Is this true? Maybe I was looking at an outdated map. I know big portions of Spring Cypress are being widened. If not, this could be a potential nightmare, similar to the situation now being played out daily at Kreinhop, Schindewolf and Klein Collins as all three schools dump out onto Falvel every day.

I think it is a great location even though it is relatively close to the Klein ISD border HW 249. I dont think it will be an issue though.

And No! Klein ISD has not stopped growing. When the district is complete it will have around 80,000 students according to Klein ISD.

Ok I got the skinny form the source. there will be an intermediate built as well. Estimated completion of he new buildings is 7 years from now. Also the plan is to have Cutten Road come all the way through to Spring Cypress to alleviate some traffic issues.

Who is the source?

All I know is that I was told that Construction would likely begin in 5 years on the next Klein HS with 2 years of construction.

I'm sure the new HS will be a model of Klein Collins but slightly designed differently to accomadate Grade Level Housing. The new Intermediate will be modeled after Krimmel. Klein ISD uses the same building designs to save tax payers dollars. Currently Frank ES is the same floorplan as Benignus, and Krimmel IS is redesign of the Schindewolf Floorplan but still has same features.

• 4 weeks later...
Chris-

Did you attend the Community Forum at Klein Oak regarding zoning proposals? If you did, would you be so kind as to give us your thoughts on how you thought it went on this rather contentious issue for Klein ISD? Thanks!

No, I didn't attend the Community Forum but I think this is an issue that has been blown out of Proportion by a great percentage. Here's the issue. Frank Elementary School will open next year in the southern part of in Gleanloch Farms near the intersection of Champion Forest and Boudreaux Roads. Klein ISD's proposed Frank zone is designed to take about 30-40 percent of Gleannloch Farms south section and the other 60-70 percent is to come from 2-4 subdivisions that feed along Boudreaux Road to relieve Korhville Elementary also. The new Hassler zone calls for the remaining 60-70 percent of northern Gleannloch Farms. Most Residents in Gleannloch Farms is wanting the district to let all of Gleannloch Farms students to remain at Hassler and take a majority of Korhville Elementary students to make up the Frank zone. The district cannot do that because Gleannloch Farms has too many Elementary Students and to keep them all at Hassler would make Hassler way over capacity, therefore they have to split the subdivision up between the two campuses. Another Proposed asset to the zoning was to move Memorial Creek Estates from Hassler to Krahn. Those residents were really not happy with that proposal. I can see why becauses the subdivision is right across the street from Hassler and 1.3 miles from Krahn. There aren't even many Elementary Students in this subdivision. For the Krimmel Intermediate zone it is designed to take just about half of Hildebrandt's zone. The southern border line for the Krimmel zone is the same line for the Frank zone in the south part of Gleannloch Farms. Once again residents are upset and thimk it is unfair to let 30% of Gleannloch go to Frank, Krimmel then Klein Oak and the other 70% go to Hassler, Doerre then Klein Oak. The Feeder Zoning is wrong and unfair for the north part of Gleannloch Farms. Doerre feeds into Klein HS, so students will have to depart from their freinds at Doerre that are going to Klein HS because they are zoned to attend Klein Oak, which is a different story for the south part of Gleannloch Farms which will be going into Klein Oak from Krimmel. I am right beside Klein ISD for the Elementary Proposals, but for the Intermediate Proposals they can do some readjusting to the feeder zoning. As I said on the Klein ISD Forum, Klein ISD is doing the best they can to provide a comfortable, great enviroment for students. Growth is a good thing and compliment. People are recognizing that Klein ISD is a magnificent district and one of the best in Houston. If I were a Klein ISD Board Menber which I plan to be in about 5 years, I would vote YES to the Elementary Zoning and NO for the Intermediate Zoning. Residents in Gleannloch shouldn't be so upset because in 2009/2010 they are going to be rezoned to Intermediate #9 and High School #5 on the new land purchased on Spring Cypress. A new Elementary is planned for FM 2920 and Huffsmith Korhville. Once again Klein ISD is doing the best they can to provide a better enviroment for students.

Chris, your analysis of why the residents of GF were upset on this issue is wrong. At the max buildout of GF only 30% of the kids at Frank will be from GF. Other plans were submitted by GF residents that split the neighborhood more fairly using transportation, growth, and diversity as arguments to make the split.

Klein will not budge as usual when they make up thier mind and hopefuly the board will be wise enough to see the errors in Kleins numbers.

For example in the original proposal Klein had the numbers so off it was disturbing. When it was pointed out by residents they brought in a "Consultant" and I use that term very losely. And in 24 hours had new numbers to present, yet no boundries were changed. The perception in GF is that the district is trying to make Hassler an exclusive school by keeping the most expensive neighborhoods in the area zoned to it and moving others out. If you look in GF at the lines it becomes real apparant. This change that the District has made and will not change thanks to Dr. Cain, and Tom Ricker who is in way over his head here has changed Gleannloch forever and not in a good way imo.

Perhaps when you run for school board you can fix the mess the Cainand Ricker have caused.

Tom Ricker who is in way over his head here

Gotta agree with you on this one. Tom Ricker was in charge of the whole "mold remediation" situation at Northampton Elementary last year and had several big missteps in my opinion. He was only recently moved into his new position, in charge of Facilities, a step up from his last position, in charge of the Bus Barn.

The bigger problem, again in my opinion, is the PASA report done for and paid for by the Klein ISD. This report was and is loaded with errors, but the past board just skimmed over the report's findings and approved all their recommendations. This was a mistake, considering the group that did the work had also done a similar report for Spring ISD, and sent that whole district into a tail-spin, one from which they still haven't fully recovered, which included a failed bond election. The PASA report needs to have another committee, since the school board appears to be too busy to bother, to go over its' findings with a fine-toothed comb. A nice touch would be to include representatives from each of the affected communities on the committee.

The PASA Report does have serveral errors in it. For example according to PASA Klein Forest and Klein High are projected to have 3,500 and 3,400 in 2008, and 3,700 and 3,500 in 2013. Klein Forest already has 3,500+ students and Klein High has 3,400+ students. Klein Collins was projected to have 2,900+ in 2008. We currently have 3,200+ students. I thought Klein Oak had about 2,200-2,300 students. I heard somewhere else that they have about 2,800. There are many other errors in the report also. I hope the new report released in June 2007 is alot more better and accurate than the 2004 report because they could have done a lot better job.

So Klein is shelling out at least another $70,000 to a firm that has already screwed this up once only to do it all over again. You must be freaking kidding me. Glad to see the wise use of tax dollars here. From my understanding a couple of residents puttogether better numbers than this group did. Just imagine if those neighbors didn't have real jobs since it appears they did it all in their spare time. The leadership in Klein is not showing me anything impressive here. They got caught with bad information by a group of concerned citizens and now think throwing more money to an already proven to be failed formula of conducting student surveys is going to solve it. This is pathetic.

• 3 months later...

What should Klein ISD name High School #5?

• Klein Lakes High School
  • Klein Woods High School
  • Klein Ranch High School
  • Klein Meadows High School
  • Klein Adams High School
  • Klein Werner High School
  • Klein Keyser High School
  • Klein West High School
  • Klein Ridge High School
  • Klein Manor High School

I would go with KLEIN WEST.

What should Klein ISD name High School #5?

• Klein Lakes High School
  • Klein Woods High School
  • Klein Ranch High School
  • Klein Meadows High School
  • Klein Adams High School
  • Klein Werner High School
  • Klein Keyser High School
  • Klein West High School
  • Klein Ridge High School
  • Klein Manor High School