Hermann Park At 6100 Hermann Park Dr.

• 3 weeks later...

If I am not mistaken, the diesel train at Herman Park is the same one that ran at Playland Park on South Main at Murworth. I rode that train countless times out there, and I have ridden it at Herman Park quite a few times. It is still a thrill to ride it.

So, smile when you call it a

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
If I am not mistaken, the diesel train at Herman Park is the same one that ran at Playland Park on South Main at Murworth. I rode that train countless times out there, and I have ridden it at Herman Park quite a few times. It is still a thrill to ride it.

So, smile when you call it a ?kiddie ride?, Pilgrim!

Does Hermann Park still have that zoo? I remember going there when I was a little kid. Is Hermann Park near Rice University?

Yes and Yes.

Thank you. Concerning the former, I now plan to try to go there now that you've told me that it's still open. Concerning the latter, if I could turn back the clock to when I graduated from high school (1976) I would have tried going to Rice. I ended up graduating from Arkansas State.

• 5 months later...

Saturday in the park. It wasn't the Fourth of July, and there wasn't a man selling ice cream while singing Italian songs. There was a lady selling cherry lemon chills, but even if she asked, I wouldn't help her or anyone else change the world. Anyway, here are some of the pictures, and the rest can be found here.

59086560.DSC_4800.jpg

Machines are dear to my heart.

59086563.DSC_4805.jpg

Still just not wide enough. Someone buy me a 10mm lens.

59086566.DSC_4809.jpg

General Houston leads the way.

59086567.DSC_4810.jpg

The cliche shot. I took it anyway.

59086569.DSC_4820.jpg

Tokyo attack!

59086570.DSC_4821.jpg

Tower in the park.

59086573.DSC_4832.jpg

Definitely a place to check out at dawn.

59086575.DSC_4847.jpg

Jet set.

59086576.DSC_4850.jpg

This seems familiar.

59086578.DSC_4854.jpg

Will speaks precisely about complicated subjects.

59086580.DSC_4861.jpg

A symbol of freedom.

59086583.DSC_4863.jpg

The couple.

59086585.DSC_4867.jpg

Spring fever.

59086589.DSC_4884.jpg

The helicopters were kind of camera shy that afternoon. Here's the only picture of one that came out.

59086590.DSC_4891.jpg

Urban layers.

59086592.DSC_4894.jpg

Nothing beats bold evening colors.

59086595.DSC_4898.jpg

I used to have an attitude about it, but maybe Houston isn't so bad after all.

Can you dig it?

Edited by Captain Impossible

Did you saturate any of your pics, or did they come out that way native?

I mess with the curves a little, but not too much saturation. The key is to use the meter on full manual mode, and also to get just the right white balance. In regards to the blue tones, I don't know how that happened. I have never gotten skies like that out of this camera. I really want to know what I did differently.

Yes, those blues are incredible. The reason I asked about the saturation was because of the road construction picture with all the construction cones, and the next picture with the Warrwick.

Either way, those are some damn good pics.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is part of phase two, but i will say this: our transit needs have been answered. at least park-wise.

New plans for Hermann Park train

A park renovation deal recently approved by Houston City Council has set the stage for an interesting first.

Generations of Houstonians have taken the train for recreational rides through Hermann Park.

Passengers riding on the Metro Rail line will eventually be able to walk over to another track and basically transfer between trains.

It