Hermann Park At 6100 Hermann Park Dr.

Plastic, they did the lighting on the 2nd of Dec. last year, 2005. I haven't seen anything about this year's event, but they will probably be keeping within the same week this year. Perhaps you can call one of the local news stations and they can help you.

Hermann Park.org has a date of Dec 15th for the first night with the lighting. seems late...

found this article:

After four years of producing the popular Holiday Lights in Hermann Park Festival, the Hermann Park Conservancy lost its corporate sponsorship for the event. Thanks to grassroots support, we were able to raise enough to support a smaller version of the festival, which will be held on weekends in December. But we still need more funds to help make the event successful.

link

Edited by skwatra

According to Channel 2, it is already happening. I just copied this form their website.

Holiday Lights in Hermann Park

Lights, entertainment and holiday market

Friday - Sunday, 6-9 p.m.

Nov. 28 - Dec. 28

Free

There is a link on their site, but the site is down. Go figure.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
ps -any more of those two girls on the blanket looking rather cosey...I like where this is going...giggidity giggidity!!!

That's kinda' creepy.

Kinda' reminded me of Rosco.

rosco.gif

"Kik-kik-kyah!! I love it! I love it!"

Then again, he's kinda' creepy himself with that picture.

Thx guys. Ricco, not sore at all today. I guess my daily exercising is paying off.

Also, anyone know what this excavation is for? (It's located a couple of blocks east of Main, as you can see, just a couple of blocks directly east of that church.)

156.jpg

Edited by Boris

That's kinda' creepy.

Kinda' reminded me of Rosco.

It is a reference to a current television show called Family Guy, specifically a character named Quagmire who is a "horndog" pilot, fairly popular on the internet...I have no idea if he is inspired by Rosco....

I wonder what the blue stuff is that's oozing out of the refrigerator on the front stoop?

Kinda looks like somone poored detergent all over it, maybe trying to get rid of an odor...old refrigerators can get sooo nasty...

edit: Spelling

Edited by cnote

Also, anyone know what this excavation is for? (It's located a couple of blocks east of Main, as you can see, just a couple of blocks directly east of that church.)

It's going to be condos I think. There's a thread about it in here somewhere. It's called "Museum - something" :

EDIT: Found it!

P.S. these photos really illustrate what makes Houston great. A lot of people who live far away and spend most of their time at highwayside establishments don't even know that great neighborhoods like this exist. I remember showing a technologist in the Medical Center a photo of Hermann Park and she was like "what city is that"?

Edited by Jax

• 2 weeks later...