• Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is a get together going to happen for 2007??

where did the other one take place? if that was successful maybe we can keep the location and day constant, and just set-up new ones every month? just a suggestion...this is how car meets are done :)

but if one of these are to happen i'm in :)

I thought it would be fun too. See a copy of what I placed under another topic. :lol:

There should be a topic called "Which Topics created the most bickering and fighting?"

Maybe make a list of what they could compare to like...

Friday Night Smackdown

Jerry Springer Show

West Side Story (gang fights between neighborhoods)

Cops

Family Fued

The Blackboard Jungle

Dynasty (Cats fights between Alexis and Crystal)

Hamburger Hill (carnage of bodies)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (blood bath after having a Haif meet)

Kansas City Bomber (women beating each other on the skatefloor)

the list could go on.... :lol:

Ps, I kept thinking up more & more but here was my fav

"I dis-member Haif member" ...sounds catchy huh? :lol:

is a get together going to happen for 2007??

where did the other one take place? if that was successful maybe we can keep the location and day constant, and just set-up new ones every month? just a suggestion...this is how car meets are done :)

but if one of these are to happen i'm in :)

one was at kelvin arms, and another at berryhill in the heights (right?) - i don't have the best memory

I'm even scarier in real life than I am on forums.

Anyway, I love meetups. Just name a time/place. I'll bring my camera.

now you have us thinking Hannibal Lechter type of a character? :lol: I might bring itching powder to set the mood.

now you have us thinking Hannibal Lechter type of a character? :lol: I might bring itching powder to set the mood.

With so much talk and so little action, will this ever happen.

I am actually going to Chicago in July, so I have a better chance of seeing Wayne that any of you peeps before then.

How about a breakfast or brunch at Tele-wink Diner on Telephone Road. I heard that place has some amazing food, and I've been wanting to try it out. It's not inside the loop, but not too far past it either.

That would be too hard for those on the other side of town. It has to be more central. As a side note; the place (Telwink) is alright, don't get too excited its just a regular nbrhood eatery. I would hate for people to get high expectations only to get disappointed.

Downtown is more preferable to most I'm sure. Warren's is a simple go as you are place. Everyone agree on a place/time. Should I bring my designer bullet-proof vest & helmet? :lol:

This weekend is a holiday and many of us are going to be out of town. We should pick another day.

And by the way the Breakfast Club in midtown on Travis and W. Alabama has kick ass food. The line can be long but it does move fast. You order at the counter and the food also comes out fast. Think WANGS n WAFFLES!

But cocktails are always good:)

This weekend is a holiday and many of us are going to be out of town. We should pick another day.

it won't always work out for everyone...doing it more regularly would solve that problem. i'm still game for warren's on friday at 6 (market square next door is cool too)

unfortunately i'll be out of town this weekend due to the long weekend. i'll be heading west to san antonio :) but what music man suggested about having a meet regularly is a good idea. i'm not sure how it's been done in the past and i dont want to step on any toes cuz i know i'm a noob here, but typically when we have a car meet a list is posted of who all will be attending.

we establish a place and time and whoever can make it makes it :) so i guess we can start 2 lists one for musicman this friday and i propose another haif meet on Friday June 1

anyway if ur able to attend simply copy and paste the list and add ur name below the name above u and state if ur a maybe..example:

1.musicman

2.texasarchitect (maybe)

etc..

hopefully if this is a success maybe we can talk to a place, restaurant or something more permanent to reserve a vip section for us B) or i can talk to the sponsor we have for our car meets driv-motoring and we can all meet up at the go-kart race tracks sky bar DSC02221-1.jpg

LOL i'm just kidding :)

so musicman, i guess we'll start 2 lists?

May 25, Warrens @ 6:00 p.m.

1.musicman

June 1, TBD by may 31

1. TexasArchitect

ok so updated list:

1.musicman

2.redscare

3.sevfiv

June 1, TBD by may 31

1. TexasArchitect

With the exception of TJ, I've yet to meet any of you guy's. Unfortunately I found out some of you were at Warrens earlier, and I was right in the area. Anyhooo, I'll make the time if were doing it June 1st.

1.musicman

2.redscare

3.sevfiv

4.tmariar*

*I'm going to see a friend's band play that night out in the boonies, and of course they never know in advance when they're going on - but I can't imagine it would be so early that I couldn't stop by for at least one drink at 6:00... Now I just need to figure out how to pronounce tmariar.

[Highway6 - Warren's is on Market Square, downtown.]

Where is Warrens ?

307 Travis, between Preston and Congress (across from Market Square park)

ad an asterisk to my name, too - i have to go to the airport after work, so i would be there way past 6

307 Travis, between Preston and Congress (across from Market Square park)

ad an asterisk to my name, too - i have to go to the airport after work, so i would be there way past 6

that's fine...i just picked 6 cause i heard the words "happy hr" i normally get there later but will go earlier for this.

Archived