• Montrose - weekend

ok so updated list:

May 25, Warrens @ 6:00 p.m.

1.musicman

2.redscare

3.sevfiv

June 1, TBD by may 31

1. TexasArchitect

With the exception of TJ, I've yet to meet any of you guy's. Unfortunately I found out some of you were at Warrens earlier, and I was right in the area. Anyhooo, I'll make the time if were doing it June 1st.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree - we should have a happy hour post pandemic.   Name tags with our real name and/or our HAIF username.

I'm all for it if it's on a weekend, since it's rare I'm in town Monday-Thursday these days. Downtown/Midtown/Montrose/Other Inner Loop are my preferences for location, but I can go anywhere if the gr

The Black Labrador used to be the traditional place for the mods to meet.  But that's gone.  So very sad.

Posted Images

May 25, Warrens @ 6:00 p.m.

1.musicman

2.redscare

3.sevfiv

4.tmariar*

*I'm going to see a friend's band play that night out in the boonies, and of course they never know in advance when they're going on - but I can't imagine it would be so early that I couldn't stop by for at least one drink at 6:00... Now I just need to figure out how to pronounce tmariar.

[Highway6 - Warren's is on Market Square, downtown.]

Where is Warrens ?

307 Travis, between Preston and Congress (across from Market Square park)

ad an asterisk to my name, too - i have to go to the airport after work, so i would be there way past 6

Edited by sevfiv
307 Travis, between Preston and Congress (across from Market Square park)

ad an asterisk to my name, too - i have to go to the airport after work, so i would be there way past 6

that's fine...i just picked 6 cause i heard the words "happy hr" i normally get there later but will go earlier for this.

1.musicman

2.redscare

3.sevfiv

4.tmariar

5.highway6 *

*throwing a get-together at my place around 9, so if I get all the prep stuff done before Fri afternoon, I'll stop by for an hour.

Edited by Highway6
I can go to Warren's or anywhere, really.

I don't drink alcohol, though, I hope they serve coke. :)

don't worry, i don't drink either B) always the designated driver :)

in college when i accompanied my friends to a club i'd be the only one with a water bottle in hand, lol

Edited by TexasArchitect
Now I just need to figure out how to pronounce tmariar.

good call - saying screen names out loud can be odd

for me, sevfiv is just a shortened number (seventyfive) so i will say sevfiv is pronounced "seventyfive" :P

for me, sevfiv is just a shortened number (seventyfive) so i will say sevfiv is pronounced "seventyfive" :P

Fantastic. I'm all for calling people numbers like secret agents. I think I'll pronounce tmariar as "fifty-two".

Musicman, will the bartender be able to point you out? Alternatively, you could wear a red carnation and carry a copy of the Houston Architectural Guide...

Musicman, will the bartender be able to point you out? Alternatively, you could wear a red carnation and carry a copy of the Houston Architectural Guide...

yes, i will warn her. i was thinkin of wearin a 60s smoking jacket (although i don't smoke) or perhaps a cd on a chain around my neck?

it has the best wallpaper B)

the velvet-like material has always been an eyecatcher.

don't forget to post lots of pics!!

look forward to seeing how the get together turns out and how this place warren's looks like...

last time i thought people said they didn't want to post pics so that more people would come next time. out of curiosity.

Edited by musicman
last time i thought people said they didn't want to post pics so that more people would come next time. out of curiosity.

hmm, i would take pics just to show the turnout and how it's fun.

i dunno, like show a pic of you gulping a flaming dr.pepper or something, lol :D to me it makes it fun to see the personalities that go to these outings :)

hmm, i would take pics just to show the turnout and how it's fun.

i dunno, like show a pic of you gulping a flaming dr.pepper or something, lol :D to me it makes it fun to see the personalities that go to these outings :)

the pics are great..unfortunately...the bartender threw the whiners out.

tmariar and sevfiv....stop by anytime. the chinese red and intense teal awaits you.

Edited by musicman
the pics are great..unfortunately...the bartender threw the whiners out.

tmariar and sevfiv....stop by anytime. the chinese red and intense teal awaits you.

What fun! Great meeting y'all, sev and mman - look forward to hanging with y'all again soon!

post those pix

Yes, sir.

Warren's photo #1:

519128310_2513ecc4fa_b.jpg

Warren's photo #2:

519128322_7340368241_b.jpg

That's honestly all the photos we took at Warren's - we got caught up chatting.

But here's a photo from the show after b/c Sev rocks and went, too:

519128412_7a4d241bbf_b.jpg

Guest Marty

Let's see some pics with faces or is it you don't want people to know what you look like, that's cool with me. If you want to post my pic we will do lunch at Little Caesars at Aldine Westfield @ Hirshfield someday.

Let's see some pics with faces or is it you don't want people to know what you look like, that's cool with me. If you want to post my pic we will do lunch at Little Caesars at Aldine Westfield @ Hirshfield someday.

Sorry - I posted the only ones I took. I'm probably not the best person to count on for that kind of photo, though, as I do get camera shy in bars. It really was fun, and I forgot to mention that we also got to see Vertigo briefly. Sounds like others have some get-togethers in mind for the future, which is great, as different times and places will be convenient for different people. I'll try to organize something myself soon - thanks to musicman for taking the lead on this last one.

Sounds like others have some get-togethers in mind for the future, which is great, as different times and places will be convenient for different people.

maybe slick willies at bayou place?? how bout that place. i totally forgot about it, but went there throught college, but don't know if it's still open......

but like someone stated it'll be good to have options to play pool, talk, etc...

what do u guys think??

maybe slick willies at bayou place?? how bout that place. i totally forgot about it, but went there throught college, but don't know if it's still open......

but like someone stated it'll be good to have options to play pool, talk, etc...

what do u guys think??

I would call 1st to make sure Slick's is still there and then maybe push out the grouping event 2 weeks out? There is a big Sand Castle contest this weekend in Galveston so some will be there.

Just a suggestion :mellow:

I would call 1st to make sure Slick's is still there and then maybe push out the grouping event 2 weeks out? There is a big Sand Castle contest this weekend in Galveston so some will be there.

Just a suggestion :mellow:

looks like they r still open

http://slickw.com/sites/houston/560texas.htm

i was thinking june 8?? yup sandcastle is huuuuge and i'll be there :) we have to beat gensler!! it's a personal revenge of ours, LOL

What firm are ya competing with ? Who is Gensler's archrival?

I havent been in a few years, but I plan on making it down this year.

hi highway, well i think a lot of firms are gensler's archrival, LOL but i only mean it in a jokingly manner :)

u know how it is all archi's know other archi's.

since i graduated from U of H i know peeps at many firms. i have friends at Kendall-Heaton, Morris, Kirksey, Gensler (but there's one guy there we dont care for, lol), studio red, hok, psp, and more. geez i didn't realize how spread out we are, but it's always good to keep ur connections cuz u never know when u'll need a favor.

i recently quit my last job and was able to get another one very quickly just cuz i knew ppl and they were able to get me in. i didn't even have to update my resume or even show work i've done. they just said oh u know so and so? they say ur good and have worked on so and so projects....welcome aboard! can't beat that :D

so highway are u a registered arhitect?? u def. have to make it out to one of the haif meet and greets. it's always good for us archi's to expand our network :)

What Galveston needs is a Dick's on the Sea Wall, now you're talking the place to be. The Alamo City has one and so does Big D, what's up with that? The one @ Myrtle Beach is the Sheeit hands down. Never a dull moment. For all you youngsters out the thinking about getting married and have prospective stuff shirt in-laws, take them to Dick's on the river-walk in San Antonio, and find out what they are really made of. The looks on their faces when the waiter walks up and says, "What in the F@#k do you want?" is priceless. My daughter Lindsay is engaged to a boy from NYC and his folks live up in the Hampton's. First time I met them up there, I knew they were candidates for Dick's. You want to talk about the most fun I have had in a long time, by the forth round of Patr

What Galveston needs is a Dick's on the Sea Wall, now you're talking the place to be. The Alamo City has one and so does Big D, what's up with that? The one @ Myrtle Beach is the Sheeit hands down. Never a dull moment. For all you youngsters out the thinking about getting married and have prospective stuff shirt in-laws, take them to Dick's on the river-walk in San Antonio, and find out what they are really made of. The looks on their faces when the waiter walks up and says, "What in the F@#k do you want?" is priceless. My daughter Lindsay is engaged to a boy from NYC and his folks live up in the Hampton's. First time I met them up there, I knew they were candidates for Dick's. You want to talk about the most fun I have had in a long time, by the forth round of Patr
looks like they r still open

http://slickw.com/sites/houston/560texas.htm

i was thinking june 8?? yup sandcastle is huuuuge and i'll be there :) we have to beat gensler!! it's a personal revenge of ours, LOL

I don't know, our design is pretty clever. I just got my shirt today. What lot are you in Texas Architect? We are going up Friday and a bunch of us younger peeps got a beach house together in Pirate's.

June 8 might work.

I don't know, our design is pretty clever. I just got my shirt today. What lot are you in Texas Architect? We are going up Friday and a bunch of us younger peeps got a beach house together in Pirate's.

June 8 might work.

what do u mean what lot am i in??? i'll be in the winning lot........LOL :P

going on friday night huh. y'all are dedicated.

i was going to do that but instead will be heading up there early and staying there the night. a friend of mine is friends with some pediatrist that owns a beach house there. the doc was nice enough to lend it to us B)

alright guys so what do u say, 06-08-07 slicks for all u who want to either

friday.gif or handshake.gif or blah.gif .......biggthumpup.gif

rules:

no disrespecting slick's property

no disrespecting other haif members or other patrons

drink responsibly

and when leaving it would be good for haif members not to leave alone. u never know, these days it's always good to have an extra person in case u need some fight.giflol

ok so who all is in??

• Highrise Tower changed the title to HAIF Meet and Greet Events