• Downtown - weekend
    • Midtown - weeknight
    • Midtown - weekend
    • Montrose - weeknight
    • Montrose - weekend

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are more than a few that were hoping that was a promise he was intending to keep. :D

Oh, c'mon now. We like niche.

On a related subject, I was wondering if music's invitation was open to all members or if they'd be withheld from certain people?

That's another dive I'd like to try out with some adventurous soul. Isn't it the one with a sign partially in Korean?

it's a whorehouse.....and an interesting experience. wait til the madam comes out to greet you. (telephone @ broad)

On a related subject, I was wondering if music's invitation was open to all members or if they'd be withheld from certain people?

you're more than welcome to come but if someone pulls a weapon, you're on your own.

it's a whorehouse.....and an interesting experience. wait til the madam comes out to greet you. (telephone @ broad)

you're more than welcome to come but if someone pulls a weapon, you're on your own.

a weapon? haha. Do you mean a haify or a neighbor?

You are correct, sir. I believe this may be one that provides girls. For company, witty conversation, etc.

If it were a "massage" parlor, that'd be pretty transparent. But a bar? Seems like you'd get too much street traffic that didn't know the difference...like me.

If it were a "massage" parlor, that'd be pretty transparent. But a bar? Seems like you'd get too much street traffic that didn't know the difference...like me.

Having never been, I don't know for sure. Just a hunch. It's a Mexican thing (and probably other cultures too). I'd bet that lots of little hole in the wall bars here operate similarly. The girls aren't offered as prosititues per se, but they are considered 'company' and sort of come with the price of beer. No women customers. Strictly for working men.

Ah....just read up the thread. So it is actually a whorehouse.

a weapon? haha. Do you mean a haify or a neighbor?

Jaja! never know.

There are only a few requisites before you enter:

1. Be smashed beyond words

2. Wear long trenchcoat and Rayban's

3. Have bail $ ready

4. Pack something (not lunch)

5. Get peniccillin shot/s

6. Have either a stretcher or wheel chair at the front door for your easy exit.

7. Case of Tylenol/Maalox.

Days following:

1. Go to confession or get an exorcism.

2. Pretend you had temporary anmesia and don't remember a thing.

3. Hope that Wayne Dolcefino isnt doing a "Live" expose on bawdy houses of Houston.

4. Get check up by Physician asap

That's all! :D

In all hilariousness it would be a riot if everyone went there, just for shock value. I say it's healthy, start the new year on the right foot!

Oh no - not the Happy Go Lucky - isn't that next door to the Little Toy Club, and across the way from the Blue Top Motel?

fwiw, Happy Go Lucky hasn't had any tabc violations in a while:

Trade Name: THE HAPPY GO LUCKY CLUB

Owner: 4016 TELEPHONE LLC

Location Address: 4016 TELEPHONE ROAD

HOUSTON , TX 770871346

10/27/2004 697 Possession Of A/B Unfit For Consumption Written Warning

9/20/2004 651 Soliciting An A/B By Lic/Perm/Employee A613366 Suspension or Civil Penalty 2250.00 2250.00 2/1/2006

9/20/2004 786 Place Or Manner Prostitution Offences A613366 Suspension or Civil Penalty 2250.00 2250.00 12/28/2005

5/23/1999 697 Possession Of A/B Unfit For Consumption Written Warning

9/9/1997 651 Soliciting An A/B By Lic/Perm/Employee A576530 Civil Penalty only

8/13/1997 591 Permit Public Lewdness, Sexual Contact, Obscen. Act A576530 Civil Penalty only

8/13/1997 652 Soliciting For Immoral Relations A576530 Civil Penalty only

3/11/1995 561 Sale To Intoxicated Person A564679 Civil Penalty only

3/11/1995 651 Soliciting An A/B By Lic/Perm/Employee A564679 Civil Penalty only

Really niche? I thought it was you who once said you don't intend on ever meeting someone from haif and hope that you don't?

I don't believe I ever said that, and besides, HAIFers are unavoidable. There are at least two others that I know of in my office building, alone. I've even been working a crowd at luncheons before where someone will start talking about a particular thread. What TheNiche has said has been quoted to me on a couple of occasions (although some people haven't bothered to cite sources <_< ).

I'd like my real name not to be paired up with my login on the public forum--too many lurkers. I don't care if the small contingent of committed HAIFers willing to go to a dive bar in East Houston know who I am.

Having never been, I don't know for sure. Just a hunch. It's a Mexican thing (and probably other cultures too). I'd bet that lots of little hole in the wall bars here operate similarly. The girls aren't offered as prosititues per se, but they are considered 'company' and sort of come with the price of beer. No women customers. Strictly for working men.

That would be known as taxi dancing.

Don't ask me how I know about happy endings and taxi dancing....I just know. B)

Oh no - not the Happy Go Lucky - isn't that next door to the Little Toy Club, and across the way from the Blue Top Motel?

fwiw, Happy Go Lucky hasn't had any tabc violations in a while:

and that's just the local clergy and politicans of our city. How does the song go?

That's so contagious

Let's be outrageous--let's misbehave!!! :D

So I am a little obsessed with the TABC searchy thing that tmariar posted in the thread about old Houston bars...

Just so we know, the Zen restaurant used to be a score of mexican restaurants including the Fajita Haven, and also Pop's Kitchen from 92-93.

Happy Days Lounge used to be the 6000 Club, the Pu San Lounge, and then the Nu Pu San Lounge (!) - owned by "New B.J. Inc." :rolleyes:

I'm sorry (to chuckle) but I can't help but picture the whole Haif crowd in handcuffs being led in to a paddy wagon. That would be one for the record books.

These kind of dives are truelly meant for the desperate and down and out, I wouldn't dream of walking in with a lady. It's truth or dare even for guys to go into. On a brighter note the drinks would be dirt cheap. Now, let's see hows my life Ins policy. Hmm.

All you fence sitters, count yourselves in for some cheap well drinkies, East End Style. And with any luck, the Niche's Big Reveal.

I'm in. Saturday. 8-ish.

Well? No thanks! I don't like hangovers!

I'll take the Goose or Shustoff and 7 (drinks or shots, they both work).

If they make a good Mojito, I'd be happy as well.

Well? No thanks! I don't like hangovers!

I'll take the Goose or Shustoff and 7 (drinks or shots, they both work).

If they make a good Mojito, I'd be happy as well.

They'll probably have decent enough booze to choose from, but I like mojitos too and most of the dive bars I've been in (even in Galveston or Florida) don't have mint. You might have to bring your own ingredients if that's your thing.

Personally, I've taken a liking to a simple gin and tonic lately. That, and really good scotch, served neat.

Neat is the only way to serve good Scotch (or any Whiskey for that matter). When people order Johny Black and water, I cringe. Why not just order the Mccallan then? Sheesh. One of my managers drinks Scotch if he drinks spirits and he always has me order it for him (because apparently saying "Johnny Black, two cubes please" is too much for him =D ) when he wants to order Scotch and water.

Two cubes, pour, let sit for a minute, consume. Otherwise, neat.

Most bars have Goose, so I should be ok.

If you like Mojitos, try Los Cucos on Westheimer and Fountainview. Theirs is a tie with Red Onion off I10 out west.

I can't drink gin. The smell of trees in my liquor makes me gag.

Neat is the only way to serve good Scotch (or any Whiskey for that matter). When people order Johny Black and water, I cringe. Why not just order the Mccallan then? Sheesh.

I can't drink gin. The smell of trees in my liquor makes me gag.

Macallen's cask strength. That's the way to go. The idea is that its so strong that you're supposed to cut it with water, but that you can select how much you want to cut it. Even then, I prefer it neat.

Gin served neat doesn't hit the spot so much, but the tonic gives it a nice clean refreshing flavor. Well, I like it, anyway.

Archived