Masterson Oaks In Westmoreland

Subdude

New townhouse community centered around a 300-year-old oak tree.

Houston's nature development? Truction of a proposed seven-house, eight-town home residential community with lots starting in the $800,000s near the Westmoreland Historic District is set to begin late this summer, according to the builder. The ambitious plans include a public park centered around an estimated 300-year-old oak tree that stands at the site.

Recently renamed Masterson Oaks at Westmoreland in tribute of the former estate that once occupied the property and in honor of the enormous tree, the 36,139-square-foot property is located on the northwest corner of Alabama and Southwest Freeway or Spur 527. Frontage includes 244 feet on Spur 527, the largest border for the site. More frontage of 180 feet will be on Marshall Street and 104 feet on West Alabama Street.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/05-07-14-new-townhouse-community-centered-around-a-300-year-old-oak-tree-houstons-nature-development/

I hope people are willing to spend that kind of money on property next to the spur.  I can't think of too many more uses for that site, other than another canned apartment complex.  And saving a 300 year old oak is a big plus in my book.

Also, I love that every new development will be filled with hot mommies based on renderings

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know I've seen this somewhere but couldn't find it, merge it if necessary.

Work has started on this project on 406? Marshall St in Westmoreland portion of Montrose right next to Spur 527 and W. Alabama.

EzxA5J5.jpg

http://mastersonoaksatwestmoreland.com/

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/05-07-14-new-townhouse-community-centered-around-a-300-year-old-oak-tree-houstons-nature-development/#slide=0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/30/2017 at 6:17 PM, hindesky said:

3 of them look almost finished.

lKQIZeU.jpg

Spend more of my time in Austin now and these type of handful of SFH developments along with their style are going up in many of the nooks and crannies of South Austin. 

We toured the model. Absolutely the best homes I've seen in that price range. Being neighbors with the spur is kind of cool, just a wall of green, quiet, cute street. Weather permitting you can open the windows and hear the church bells. Wainscoting for days...

Can you tell I fell in love?

There is some Tudor 4 story townhomes a few blocks away in the same price range with a quarter of the windows and extremely small floor plans.

29evtg.jpg

3 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

Gotta be noisy on the spur during the week, No?

Double pane windows, but you can hear the light pitch of a car in the backyard. The street was quiet.

I could imagine a slight rage at 2 in the morning if some crotch rockets drove by. 

16 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Double pane windows, but you can hear the light pitch of a car in the backyard. The street was quiet.

I could imagine a slight rage at 2 in the morning if some crotch rockets drove by. 

A great many people will buy these and live there blissfully happy for years.  I would not be among them.  I could not live in a place where if I open the window, "freeway" noise is "constant".  And this would be doubly true for a place that costs $1m.  Of course, I will never find out because that is way too much money for me anyway.

Perhaps the spur isn't especially loud during most of the day, IDK.  But, I would certainly want to check it out at various times during the week.  The generally location (spur, aside) is fantastic!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There was talk at one time of making this large vacant lot into a park. Neighbors objected, saying that it would be overrun by homeless people.
While I think the plans and architectural style of the buildings are about as good as anyone could reasonably expect, it eliminates a very handy shortcut to Main Street and the light rail. For some people, this will require walking a couple more blocks.
I wish they could have provided a sidewalk directly adjacent to the Spur and extending between Marshall and West Alabama streets. It would save time and steps.

• The title was changed to Masterson Oaks In Westmoreland

Archived