The Gateway On Cullen: 4-Story Student Housing

LOL, I can't imagine the roommate drama that's gonna happen with those five bedroom units. But seriously I think this is a good project for UH and the Eastwood area. There's a lot of land around there for redevelopment (old Finger's, Bestway Motor) that hopefully this might help spark.

While these would be a tough walk, it's in a sweet spot for cycling to campus. Cullen has a bike line and it's 5 - 10 minute ride to most places on campus.

• Like 1

No way these are on university owned property. These are being built privately. I've always been curious to see how this plays out if it is indeed the other side of the freeway. Overpasses are pretty large mental barriers to overcome.

Dirty sketchy barriers...

• Like 1

I had forgotten what was going to be built here but last week I noticed the lot had been mowed for the first time in a while, surveyors were out along Cullen and orange spray painted utility markings were on the sidewalk and grass along Cullen.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

This is an awesome project for the city and UH. May be a couple years ahead of its time as far as location but the entire area will be getting a facelift soon. The old fingers will be have a major grocery chain in that place and the ugly motel will be torn down while the 45 to 59 ramp will be redone this summer. There will be great transportation options for the students to get to the other side of the freeway.

There are also rumors about new student housing being built on the corner of Scott and Elgin where the old bookstore used to sit. Exciting times to be a student at UH. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to The Gateway On Cullen: 4-Story Student Housing