Hyatt Place Hotel At 1114 Texas St.

Nate99

8 minutes ago, Avossos said:

You sure they aren't just cleaning it? they could also be coating it with a sealant... 

hope it isn't being painted...

Yeah, I would imagine they would probably lose those historical tax credits if they altered the color of the brick.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, HNathoo said:

Yeah, I would imagine they would probably lose those historical tax credits if they altered the color of the brick.

It's clearly been painted. They're allowed to add a new coat if it sticks to the historical guidelines. It's not like you can't repaint if you own a historic structure... that would be ridiculous and the structure would likely erode quicker. That being said, if you do plan on adding a new coat of paint, you can as long as you get permission from the Historic Preservation committee first. They have specific paint guidelines and sources you can use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

Is work active?

I haven't been paying attention to see if people are on site, but I know It's further along than the photos above.  I'll snap some updated photos when I walk the dog by there today or tomorrow.

Edit: I just noticed those photos are from last friday. It's about that far I guess. ;)  

Lots of work going on still. Last time I walked by they were accessing utilities under the street directly in front of it.  The awning is coming along, but you just can't see much of the interior at all. Really curious how the layout is going to work for the lobby and rooms without windows. 

1 hour ago, Nate99 said:

Lots of work going on still. Last time I walked by they were accessing utilities under the street directly in front of it.  The awning is coming along, but you just can't see much of the interior at all. Really curious how the layout is going to work for the lobby and rooms without windows. 

There will be no hotel rooms without windows.

Here's a shot of some workers on site. I would have taken something closer, but the dog seemed to have business elsewhere. 

On another note, there's ~10 trucks all along Texas St. from Caroline St. to Jones Hall servicing/upgrading the street lights. 

IMG_20200111_122439.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Hyatt Place at 1114 Texas St. In Downtown
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Hyatt Place At 1114 Texas St. In Downtown
  • The title was changed to Hyatt Place Hotel At 1114 Texas St.

Archived