Nhl

CincoRanch-HoustonResident

I heard from National Public Radio(NPR), that the National Hockey League is being replaced by NASCAR. They also said that now the four major American sports are Football, Baseball, Basketball, and NASCAR. The NHL has had horrible rating and very poor ticket sales, as well.

NASCAR is the fastest growing "sport" in America, folks. Deal with it.

As much as people consider NASCAR an insult (which I think is very conceited from some so-called "open-minded" people) look at the way it's changing. You have tracks near LA, Las Vegas, Chicago, Kansas City, and even in Michigan, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania. Not exactly the "Redneck Country".

By the way, coming from North Carolina, where NASCAR was born and has since snatched races away from to put in California, Illinois, etc., I can tell you that the people there would be a lot happier if NASCAR had never gotten so popular. NASCAR is to North Carolina as football is to Texas.

NASCAR is the fastest growing "sport" in America, folks.  Deal with it.

As much as people consider NASCAR an insult (which I think is very conceited from some so-called "open-minded" people) look at the way it's changing.  You have tracks near LA, Las Vegas, Chicago, Kansas City, and even in Michigan, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania.  Not exactly the "Redneck Country".

By the way, coming from North Carolina, where NASCAR was born and has since snatched races away from to put in California, Illinois, etc., I can tell you that the people there would be a lot happier if NASCAR had never gotten so popular.  NASCAR is to North Carolina as football is to Texas.

hey, my brother back home in NY is a huge NASCAR fan as are a lot of people i know up there. i used to be a sterling marllin fan back in the day...

The NHL needs to contract about 10 teams. It was also a shame that they allowed so many Canadian franchises to relocated in the US. The Quebec Nordiques and the Winnipeg Jets may not mean much to us, but they had a dedicated fan base in those markets and they didn't need to worry about competing for attention with other sports. The bottom line is that that the NHL should have been happy being the RC cola of sports and not tried to pass themselves off as Coke of Pepsi

The only thing I don't like about NASCAR is their utter lack of diversity in terms of fans and drivers. It's a white southerner's sport and will continue to be so for a long time.

Archived