Surface Lot East Of Four Seasons & South One Park Place

UtterlyUrban

The parking lot that is EAST of the Four Seasons and SOUTH of One Park Place. ......

With all of the announced development, why is this primo lot next to Discovery Green not under contract? I assume that the land owner has not recieved a price he wants....it's probably as simple as that...... But.....

What should go there?

My vote: 40 story residential condos with an average sq foot size of about 1400......

Sexy High End Hotel...

With a high end retail promenade below and high end Condos on top. For added height.

Hotel below and condos above. Sounds like the Four Seasons across the street. Retail l below sounds attractive but if Green Street succeeds (high end hotel and retail) two blocks away, is this the right use?

Personally, I don't want a hotel here. I think a resi CONDO about 35 or 40 stories, would be best......

Actually, clustering high-end hotels makes sense and you see it in many other markets.

Here's my dream;

Floors 1-3 hotel lobby, meeting space, restaurants, etc...

Floors 4-10 parking with an amenity deck on floor 10

Floors 11-25 A Ritz/Mandarin Oriental type hotel with 350 rooms

Floors 26-45 A true condo tower with 6 units per floor (120 total units)

Floors 46-50 Uber high end units with just 2 per floor (10 units)

UU, the fact that Four Seasons and Alesandra wither their retail components, as well as proximity to Disco Green and GRB is why this spot is prime for Another high end Hotel/Retail/residential development seems to make sense. Spots like this are limited for high high end Hospitality operations downtown. Dense Residential is needed around the area, but not on the prime lots ($$). They can be set a block or so back. At least here. I think.

Wasnt there supposed to be a Two Park Place at one point? I swear back when One Park Place was being built, there was something about a goal to add a second tower at some point, but I can't find anything to support that. I could be confusing dreams with reality again

Wasnt there supposed to be a Two Park Place at one point? I swear back when One Park Place was being built, there was something about a goal to add a second tower at some point, but I can't find anything to support that. I could be confusing dreams with reality again

You are correct.

I think if we wait til everything on the boards now is built, the bar will be raised and something better will go here than could go here now. Might be what the owner is thinking too.

The other mystery block for me is Block 45, aka northeast corner of Main and either Preston or Prairie. Really nice parking lot currently.

Actually, clustering high-end hotels makes sense and you see it in many other markets.

Here's my dream;

Perfect.  Or I should say almost perfect.   It needs to go taller.  At least 60 floors.   Throw in another hotel if necessary.  ;-) Am I just being greedy?

Here's my dream;

Perfect. Or I should say almost perfect. It needs to go taller. At least 60 floors. Throw in another hotel if necessary. ;-) Am I just being greedy?

I agree, signature door bed a signature tower. How about:

1 to 3 = Lobby and retail space

4 to 14= Parking garage

14 to 17= Convention space

18 = signature restaurant

19 to 20= Health club, spa and pool on the 20th floor

21 to 35= Hotel and lounges

36 to 55= Condos

56 to 62= Penthouses

Building height = 812 feet

The parking lot that is EAST of the Four Seasons and SOUTH of One Park Place. ......

With all of the announced development, why is this primo lot next to Discovery Green not under contract? I assume that the land owner has not recieved a price he wants....it's probably as simple as that...... But.....

What should go there?

My vote: 40 story residential condos with an average sq foot size of about 1400......

The land is currently owned by MIPS Investment LLC from Dallas. There is not much information about them. They were founded in 2010. The value of the land is somewhere from $10-13 million.

Was this lot not originally targeted for next Houston Center office tower?  Before the real estate crash I could swear there was a rendering of it on HAIF.

Think that would have been 6HC where it's going now, unless they were even projecting a 7HC at that point. But I know Ctaf is right, Marvy Finger when he announced OPP said he had an option on the adjacent block to the south to build a 2PP.

Think that would have been 6HC where it's going now, unless they were even projecting a 7HC at that point. But I know Ctaf is right, Marvy Finger when he announced OPP said he had an option on the adjacent block to the south to build a 2PP.

I wonder if Finger still has the option?

Was this lot not originally targeted for next Houston Center office tower?  Before the real estate crash I could swear there was a rendering of it on HAIF.

14057388724_15f84f030a_b.jpg

14076967363_bec8993f49_b.jpg

...Unless you are talking about this one but this has always been on the same lot in this case:

6Overhead.jpg

• The title was changed to Speculate On A Lot With Me
  • The title was changed to Surface Lot East Of Four Seasons & South One Park Place

Archived