Pearl On Washington: Multifamily At 5454 Washington Ave.

swtsig

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I figured as the only way I could see it, but TC Jester ends there rather than continues so that was throwing me off making me wonder if this was different than it appeared to be.

Yeah, and there's no high rise farther north on TC Jester as it would appear in the photo. Confusing.

But with the just completed complex on TC Jester & the railroad tracks AND the development just down the street at the Washington circle getting bulldozed, the western Washington Corridor / Rice Military is really picking up.

What's the over/under for the building on the NW corner (next to El tiempo market) getting bulldozed and developed into an apartment complex?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and there's no high rise farther north on TC Jester as it would appear in the photo. Confusing.

But with the just completed complex on TC Jester & the railroad tracks AND the development just down the street at the Washington circle getting bulldozed, the western Washington Corridor / Rice Military is really picking up.

What's the over/under for the building on the NW corner (next to El tiempo market) getting bulldozed and developed into an apartment complex?

Yeah I think that the building next to El Tiempo market will not last more than a year before it gets torn down. Although I think that space being a little smaller is going to end up as some commercial use rather than a full apartment complex. Still anything has to be better than a two story building with all Chattahoochee walls. Yuck

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2604-multifamily-monday-what-should-really-worry-you/

Morgan and LCB Holdings broke ground on Pearl Washington, a 322-unit luxury property. Morgan prez Alan Patton tells us it's the fifth Pearl community that's launched in Houston this year (totaling 1,300 units), which includes Woodlake, CityCentre, Residences at CityCentre, and @ the MiX. The firm is continuing to target infill locations in Florida and Texas—it's breaking ground in Austin and Miami later this year, and in the past 60 days opened Pearl Midtown in Houston and The Edge at Flagler Village in Fort Lauderdale.

65466_1408318311_PearlWashington-medium.

Here's Pearl Washington, which was financed by Wells Fargo and is delivering in spring 2016. Alan says one of the biggest challenges was site planning to take advantage of the Washington Avenue frontage, both from a functionality and design standpoint. The team (including architect Dwell Design Studio) decided to expose the large pool courtyard to Washington, which provides more sun into the pool deck and allows the area to play off the energy on Washington. The ground level will also engage with the street and pedestrian/bike traffic—the team put in oversized sidewalks and placed leasing and amenity rooms along the avenue

• 5 weeks later...

From articles in the Chronicle to the report on Swamplot, there is no

information of any type of retail at street level. What the Washington

Avenue Corridor does not need is another reason to drive rather

than walk. Houston has too many drivers already, and is not a Walkable

City. Polls by the Urban Houston Framework, the Chronicle & Better

Houston, have Houstonites ranking "traffic" as the #1 problem in the

city.

Jeff Speck, in "Walkable City," writes of the general Theory of Walkability:

useful, safe, comfortable & interesting; each essential and none alone

is sufficient. Get out of your cars, walk along this area of Washington

Avenue and see if CVS, the bars and wall of town houses fulfill any.

For those who believe Pearl Washington is super, cool, interesting, etc.,

read Charles Montgomery's, "Happy City: Transforming Our Lives Through

Uban Design. Is Houston a Happy City? What does it highest DWI rate for

Texas tell us? Most of the "douche bag" bars, clubs & lounges are gone or

leaving Washington Avenue, but on a Friday or Staurday night at closing

time, you will still find a good number of individuals who wish to blacken

your eye. These establisments still racially profile, as they have less than

50 employees. "A brilliant, entertaining, and vital book. Charles Montgomery

deftly leads us from our misplaced focus on money, cars and stuff to consider

what makes us truly happy. Then everything changes--the way we live, work,

and play in humanity's major habitat, the city." David Suzuke, host of CBC's

The Nature of Things and cofounder of the David Suzuki Foundation.

Have spent 1,500+ hous walking, photographing and doing oral interviews on

Washington Avenue and the Corridor since 02.17.2007.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They have a crawler crane working on the parking garage. Will have to take a closer look to see if they have a tower crane base set up.

That is a different project.  You are referring to the project in the link below... I think there is a thread somewhere on here that needs to be dug up and updated.  

EDIT: Here is the link to the Elan Memorial Park by Greystar

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/28546-elan-memorial-park-by-greystar/?p=491611

That is a different project.  You are referring to the project in the link below... I think there is a thread somewhere on here that needs to be dug up and updated.  

EDIT: Here is the link to the Elan Memorial Park by Greystar

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/28546-elan-memorial-park-by-greystar/?p=491611

You're right I had the two mixed up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived