East End Townhome Developments

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another townhome project by Townsite is coming to 4317 Harrisburg @ Eastwood. I live nearby and the sign has been up since early Summer after the existing structure was demolished. Some kind of soil/core sampling was happening last week also.

Really like this!

I think they are the same builder if I remember the signs correctly - the images look like different elevations of the same plan

Yes, the same builder named Townsites Custom Homes/Realty. Looks like in addition to these two projects, they have several other small townhome projects scattered around the East End. One on Burr (East of Lockwood) and another one on Lovejoy.

http://www.townsitesrealty.com/projects.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw a sign from Townsites Realty for new townhomes on Harrisburg at Eastwood yesterday.  It looks like they've got a few Second Ward projects in the works:

Harrisburg at Eastwood

Milby at Lovejoy

Harrisburg at Hutchins (which doesn't exist. Maybe Hutcheson?)

Burr at Sherman

As well as future projects on York and Canal.

http://www.townsitesrealty.com/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are two ways to look at this:

1) as a bit of a late Urban Pionier you will still get very attractive pricing compared to more developed areas and potentially have huge upside.

2) that huge field could turn into anything.

I would be concerned with #2, frankly.  While it is likely that it will become residential, it might not.  That said, I would be more concerned with the train noise (and firehouse noise?) than the development problem.

10 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

There are two ways to look at this:

1) as a bit of a late Urban Pionier you will still get very attractive pricing compared to more developed areas and potentially have huge upside.

2) that huge field could turn into anything.

I would be concerned with #2, frankly.  While it is likely that it will become residential, it might not.  That said, I would be more concerned with the train noise (and firehouse noise?) than the development problem.

Late pioneer? The road to get there was only wide enough for one car. This is frontier :P. I think if the east bayou park is done nicely, the area will see big potential in the coming decade. It's also good elevation. 

Trains dont bother me, you can hear those along Washington Avenue. Fire trucks/EMS do. Might have to do a stake out. Unless someone in the area could chime in?

For 300k or 350k i would have bought one of those Perry homes last week. Now that the KBR lot across the bayou has some legs, the 400k to 450k might be acceptable, but i still dont see those homes going up too much in value past that in the near term. 

18 hours ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

For 300k or 350k i would have bought one of those Perry homes last week. Now that the KBR lot across the bayou has some legs, the 400k to 450k might be acceptable, but i still dont see those homes going up too much in value past that in the near term. 

Well I plan to live there for at least a decade. They're selling, but not that quickly. Lots of competition.

• 1 month later...

Archived