Parking Lots In Front Of Toyota Center

nate4l1f3

I'm not sure how everything works or the politics/business when it comes to turning a parking lot into a development, but ...

Who owns the two lots in front of the Toyota Center?

What are the odds those are developed in the near future?

What type of developments do you think would be/work best there?

With the several (ok, couple) of apartment buildings planned/U.C in that area, i could see that part of downtown turning into a residential heavy area

It would be nice if the convention district was bookended by residential neighborhoods ( north of Texas and South of Bell) but between Texas and Bell it would be nice if that area was packed with more amenities- hotels, retail, live entertainment, bars, museums... just a more cohesive entertainment area for both Houstonians and hotel visitors.

It would be nice if the convention district was bookended by residential neighborhoods ( north of Texas and South of Bell) but between Texas and Bell it would be nice if that area was packed with more amenities- hotels, retail, live entertainment, bars, museums... just a more cohesive entertainment area for both Houstonians and hotel visitors.

Agrred. And it seems that the city might too. They want to connect a residential eastern side of downtown with event venues and EaDo into one walkable neighborhood. It will take decades, I am sure and housing trends from a new generation may derail it, but, it's worth trying.

Well what has gone in from the late 90s is phenomenal. I just hope the development continues.

I don't mind towers like Hess and OPP (That one in particular adds a lot with Phoenicia) but it would be nice if the commercial buildings stayed out, and the residential buildings were clustered just outside the district and leave the district to hotels, entertainment, conventions, shopping. Kinda like a downtown in downtown.

But again, I would take a Hess over an embassy suites anyday. Hess makes for great pictures from DG. After the hotels go up to the North DG will have urban Canyon views from almost all sides.

As for the lots in front on Toyota, that's where I really wish the Aquarium had gone in. That would tie the area in so nicely. You can go to the Aquarium then walk across to the park. Catch a ball game then dinner at the Aquarium.

The combination of Discovery Green, The ball parks, Green street and the mall with an aquarium just makes everything seem more packaged.

Something rather macabre about about looking at the sealife and ordering the seafood. But, that's our Tillman!

Can you imagine if he ran a restaraunt called "The Zoo"...

It's no different from the restaurants that you pick out the lobster you want for dinner.

Lol you are eating and enjoying the sealife, but at least you are but eating the actual sealife in the tanks

Nothing macabre about it.  Having raised cattle and chickens, fished, and hunted, I know full well that animal protein goes through being a living critter before ending up on a plastic wrapped, Styrofoam tray (at least so far), and that there are many, many edible (in fact, down right tasty) parts that don't seem to make it to the counter any more.  

My ancestors spent millennia clawing to the top of the food chain.  I owe it to them to be an omnivore, within reason.  I also owe it to the rest of the world not to take more than my share, and to the animal to utilize as much of it as is possible.  

BTW, 99 Ranch has lots of live fish that they will pluck out of the tank and dress to your specification.

Mollusk,

And I love to go to Connie's and point at That! Flounder and tell the server just how I want it vivisected and cooked. Lol. I've also worked on farms and picked out which lamb was to be used for Sunday supper. I think my point is, it'd be nice to have a fabulous Aquarium, with a café... In addition to a Restaurant with a Huge Fish Tank...and white tigers.... Are there still tigers?

Are there still tigers?

Dunno.  If not, could it be related to what is rumored to happen to all the pigeons and cats that are never seen around skeevy all you can eat ethnic buffets?

• The title was changed to Parking Lots In Front Of Toyota Center

Archived