Anadarko Tower III

Urbannizer

We've heard rumors, and this pretty much confirms it..

Speaking at a real estate conference earlier this week, the head of real estate for global oil and gas independent Anadarko Petroleum Corp. said the company had additional land for another building at its campus in The Woodlands.

“We’ve got another 600,000 square feet we can put up once we’ve designed it,” John Frere said Tuesday at ULI Houston’s Suburban Marketplace at the Marriott Westchase.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/04/anadarko-campus-in-the-woodlands-could-grow-again/

A shame that they didn't combine this with their latest tower. But Perhaps it's better The Woodlands doesn't have such a tall building as it might not work so well with the mid and low rises.

Cool, thanks. I would assume this one will be atop a garage like Hackett..

possibly.  the land they own on the south side of the waterway has a parking garage connected to another building they may still partially occupy.  i think they would have more than just the one option of building on top of a parking garage.  at least we know anadarko is prone to building something interesting, unlike the mediocre stuff howard hughes is throwing up (pun intended).

What are the possible locations for this tower? I had always heard the south side of Lake Robbins. Seems like they'd want the tower to be connected to the main campus tho. Seems like I saw a town center rendering showing two high rises on the east side of Dillards. Would they build it there and connect a sky bridge?

• 3 weeks later...

I believe they own the Timberloch building (11 story tower) just south of the waterway, along with 14 total acres, including land west of Timberloch building parking garage. At least, they're the sole occupant of the Timberloch building.

The way they're growing, though, I don't think just one more ~30 story tower will cut it.

According to this, there are going to be many more highrises to dot The Woodlands skyline before it is all said and done. 

1798764_10104459328342134_1516427927_n.j

Nice, but old.  No Anadarko-Deuce.

I would hope the Woodlands developers would realize the need to build a few buildings taller - 25 10 floor buildings really gets cluttered!  I would think a building the scale of Austin's 4th and Congress Building would be perfect for The Woodlands, plus some sort of architectural embellishment at the crown would be nice as well.

*but probably not that old!*

i'm extremely proud, as per the ongoing "big city" momentum vs glamour factor, that is arising from montgomery county.  but am i the only one, that finds this all a bit strange?  i mean, i don't even know what other word to use other than strange....

i'm extremely proud, as per the ongoing "big city" momentum vs glamour factor, that is arising from montgomery county.  but am i the only one, that finds this all a bit strange?  i mean, i don't even know what other word to use other than strange....

Houston is a beast!

It took me awhile to like your posts and sometimes I don't really understand them but damn yeah dude this is really weird but like the guy above me said, this is just the power of Houston. Shouts out to no zoning laws and all but wow. How much longer until the Woodlands becomes its own legitimate city? Would that ever happen? (within the next 50-75 years of course)

The Woodlands does have zoning, as has been said about it being master planned from the beginning. There are legally binding design standards and covenants.  There are separate Commercial and Residential standards. In order for a project to go forward it has to be reviewed by a Design Review Committee as well as a couple others to make sure it fits with the standards in place.

The Woodlands does have zoning, as has been said about it being master planned from the beginning. There are legally binding design standards and covenants.  There are separate Commercial and Residential standards. In order for a project to go forward it has to be reviewed by a Design Review Committee as well as a couple others to make sure it fits with the standards in place.

Oh okay interesting thanks for clearing that up!

• 5 weeks later...

The Woodlands will vote on whether to become their own city in 2014.

I don't think so.   That was planned at one time, but back in 2012, the Woodlands township board decided against proceeding with that election.  I don't think any election is planned.  They are continuing to discuss  and plan the possibilities of eventually incorporating.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

What will happen to all of the Anadarko properties. 

It sounds like they will be selling several of their jets and letting go of many of their employees. 

I'm guessing no more Anadarko tower projects and perhaps they sell off one  of their Woodlands towers since one of the executives quoted in the announcements today that they would be letting go of many assets and employees to make up some of the costs of buying Anadarko's  Permian basin rights which is pretty much all they wanted.

I'd hate to be working for Anadarko right now and not knowing where you'll be in three months.

I'm sure The Woodlands is a little nervous about their tax base and the loss of employees that will probably relocate.

It's also interesting that  both Anadarko and Oxy's stock went down, and Chevrons went up.

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

What will happen to all of the Anadarko properties. 

It sounds like they will be selling several of their jets and letting go of many of their employees. 

I'm guessing no more Anadarko tower projects and perhaps they sell off one  of their Woodlands towers since one of the executives quoted in the announcements today that they would be letting go of many assets and employees to make up some of the costs of buying Anadarko's  Permian basin rights which is pretty much all they wanted.

I'd hate to be working for Anadarko right now and not knowing where you'll be in three months.

I'm sure The Woodlands is a little nervous about their tax base and the loss of employees that will probably relocate.

It's also interesting that  both Anadarko and Oxy's stock went down, and Chevrons went up.

Link?

51 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Link?

Houston Chronicle today 

Direct quotes from chief financial officer

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Oxy-CEO-on-Anadarko-We-were-not-going-to-let-it-13837034.php

Occidental’s Chief Financial Officer Cedric Burgher specifically mentioned cutting jobs and selling real estate and Anadarko’s fleet of four corporate jets as means of cost reductions.

“We don’t think we need all of those (jets), and we can reduce that along with, obviously, people and duplicate offices and real estate,” Burgher said Monday in a conference call, although he didn’t specifically cite anything in The Woodlands.

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Oxy-CEO-on-Anadarko-We-were-not-going-to-let-it-13837034.php

Occidental’s Chief Financial Officer Cedric Burgher specifically mentioned cutting jobs and selling real estate and Anadarko’s fleet of four corporate jets as means of cost reductions.

“We don’t think we need all of those (jets), and we can reduce that along with, obviously, people and duplicate offices and real estate,” Burgher said Monday in a conference call, although he didn’t specifically cite anything in The Woodlands.

Wow, this guy needs to watch what he says. Sounds like he is desperately trying to defend this purchase. Selling corporate jets is one thing but announcing job cuts to the public at this stage is not wise. He just made every person that works for these companies start thinking about moving to another company. The best people will leave before the layoffs start and then you are left with the rest. Their competitors will now start actively poaching the best people they have. Anadarko staff will stop working and start polishing resumes and making calls. Amateur hour.

Archived