Sign in to follow this  
Montrose1100

Another Giant Cross

Where on earth did you see this? If these billboards did exist I can assure you they would be objected to. 

Good question. Would love to hear the answer for where the pro-abortion fetus billboard signs can be found...

• Like 1

Personally, I am embarrassed to see the fad of giant religious icons take hold in Houston. I used to associate it with 3rd-world countries with low education levels.

I'm not knocking people for having the beliefs they have, but I think that putting stuff like this up doesn't get them the respect they apparently yearn for.

Well, religion and education rarely go hand in hand.

• Like 1

I'll quote Bill Maher from his recent HBO "new rules" segment.

"For those atheists who get upset about seeing a cross or two in your town, get over it!. You're not a vampire for christ's sake, it's just a @*#!?""% cross. If you're that easily offended by the occassional cross here and there, you probably need to find another country to live in."

• Like 1

plumber2 - Please don't take this as any personal attack but Bill Maher is a ******* idiot.

The issue I see it as is not the fact it's a cross, but a huge obnoxious statement piece. This one is no container tower cross (I-45 South). Of course anyone knows you expect to see a cross or two from a church.

As an atheist I have no quarrel with crosses. I know this may seem like the grounds for starting this topic... I have a huge respect for people, even if I think that most are brainless sheeple (religious or not). Of course I would support a detached cross for a church, but certainly not a HUGE one, especially in the city limits.

Ok people I really don't care about stuff like this either (im agnostic), but this is getting into something that is very wrong with america in general, and that is that we are so damn sensitive. Let them have their big ass cross. How does a hollow metal cross offend you honestly!? If you are offended by a cross then you probably have way more problems then just the cross. Let it go. The first amendment is there to help make us be more tolerate of other people, cultures, creeds, and faiths....not make everyone go into a corner and act like they are owed something, privileged, or if they can't have something then no one can have something. This is all very childish. 

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2

Ok people I really don't care about stuff like this either (im agnostic), but this is getting into something that is very wrong with america in general, and that is that we are so damn sensitive. Let them have their big ass cross. How does a hollow metal cross offend you honestly!? If you are offended by a cross then you probably have way more problems then just the cross. Let it go. The first amendment is there to help make us be more tolerate of other people, cultures, creeds, and faiths....not make everyone go into a corner and act like they are owed something, privileged, or if they can't have something then no one can have something. This is all very childish. 

2cyiczm.png

In all seriousness I'm not sensitive to points of views. However, I am extremely sensitive to blight, ranging from billboards along the freeways, telephone poles, and yes, giant crosses. I don't think that's childish.

• Like 2

Slightly unrelated topic: didn't the COH make some ordinance in 2009 that banned a bunch of inflatables, like giant gorillas on car dealerships? I remember reading about that, and then one day, they all went away...

Slightly unrelated topic: didn't the COH make some ordinance in 2009 that banned a bunch of inflatables, like giant gorillas on car dealerships? I remember reading about that, and then one day, they all went away...

They did seem to disappear over night. I wish they would also ban those tear drop shaped flags usually seen outside of no-contract cell phone company stores. Luckily I think that fad has passed.

oh nooooo! Did the wacky arm-flailing inflatable tubemen survive D: